Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford (home) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

Dunno, I asked the same question but with no reply (maybe he blocked me or I'm not cool enough for acknowledgement) Most of us had fun.

Apparently Col got upset that there was some (minor) grumbling about Drinky and he equated it to people baying for Amartey to come on (I didn't even see DA's name mentioned apart from one post where someone asked how Drinky starts every week and the response was that the alternatives were Amartey/King) 

Thread was mainly Shinji fun, people wanting Riyad to play better, people being happy when Riyad played better, people loving Kasper/Benny man love and everyone loving Albrighton correctly. Oh, and someone posting a YouTube link to Toto's Africa when  we went 2-0 up and @Izzy Muzzett getting moist at the thought of Slim, Mahrez, Vardy and Gray attacking quartet, to which @Tuna posted some after sex tissues 

Nothing of note though 

Can you do this every match to save us re-reading the thread :D

Oh said it'd be 3-0 before kick off today to my old man as well. Nice bit of brucey bonus there. But did say Vardy would get a couple of goals too!

Scrappy first half but we looked much the better team in the second and could easily have scored more.  My main reflection though was how on earth have Watford been above us in the league for so much of the season :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Webbo said:

Cost me 100 lira in beer and grub to watch that, tbf thats only 20 odd quid, I missed Albrightons goal asking for the bill. Bit distracting when you've got hits of the 80s instead of commentary. Well worth it though.

How dares You, how Very dares You!!  

Enjoying yourself and galavanting about...:o

3 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Congrats to Shakey for sticking with his starting 11. The best 11.

The match thread today was cringeworthy.

Well done City.

I was at work Col and can't be bothered to look. I take it we had a few "bright" posts by people during the thread?  :unsure:

anyway up the Foxes

well done City. :scarf:

:D

"I am really pleased with the result. I think the performance, if I am honest, there was no real ebb or flow to the game in the first half.

"I have spoken on many occasions of the importance of the first goal. I felt today with our home record and their away record it was always going to be important.

"Both teams were giving the ball away but probably us more than we are used to. We gave too many unopposed passes away.

"There was no real dynamic about us from set plays. We actually scored from a set play and we had spoken about being dynamic because of the way they were set up. That was really pleasing. It was pleasing to get a clean sheet as well."

Shakey being his refreshingly honest self as usual :thumbup:

21 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Well that was easy for you once the first went in..

God help us for next season on current form!

Afrerall there won't be so many poor/out of form sides..

Not meaning this in an arrogant way, but was at the match today, and you could tell we was going to win, even before the first goal.

You got into very good positions, but your strikers were passing up chances, that should have resulted in a goal, so you could feel it would be our day.

Both sides looked they were on the summer break already first half, but once we scored it woke us up, but Watford seemed to be holiday mode all game.

I had doubts.

But three nil against another team with nothing to play for.

As long as he gets respectable results for our remaining I'll have no complaints.

I hope he leads us into the next season.

Game had a real end-of-season feel about it in the first half, second we were much improved and probably should've added more although Schmeichel made some good saves.

Pleased that we are now safe completely, in the top half and can play without pressure in the final three games. It's been a strange season yet we could well finish 8th which is respectable enough. Ending the season with momentum has proved crucial in the past and 50 points should be the aim now.

1 hour ago, ramadaone said:

Couple of people early on in he thread reckoned Shinji had a great game

i thought he was awful

I agree. When he plays like that he's almost a waste of a player. We actually looked more balanced with Slimani which is a rarity. 

Give Benny some credit - I think he's been overrated by our fanbase but today he showed signs that he's learning

Good day out today, was a bit tense at times early on, but after we scored it turned into a pretty routine win, which is always nice.

A word on the ref though. When I saw it was Roger East, I tried to think what my opinion on him is. I realised I've not got one. I couldn't even remember what he looks like. The game today kind of showed why - other than missing a few off the ball pushes by Amrabat on Albrighton, everything else was unspectacular. Just got on with the game, gave obvious decisions, nothing controversial,let the game flow. A complete contrast to the likes of Moss or Pawson who have to make everything about him. Bring on more unremarkable refs, and roll on the day when we can bin off the total guff merchants like Moss who've been ruining games for far too long.

12 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Good day out today, was a bit tense at times early on, but after we scored it turned into a pretty routine win, which is always nice.

A word on the ref though. When I saw it was Roger East, I tried to think what my opinion on him is. I realised I've not got one. I couldn't even remember what he looks like. The game today kind of showed why - other than missing a few off the ball pushes by Amrabat on Albrighton, everything else was unspectacular. Just got on with the game, gave obvious decisions, nothing controversial,let the game flow. A complete contrast to the likes of Moss or Pawson who have to make everything about him. Bring on more unremarkable refs, and roll on the day when we can bin off the total guff merchants like Moss who've been ruining games for far too long.

Agree, very solid refereeing display today

5 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Well that was easy for you once the first went in..

God help us for next season on current form!

Afrerall there won't be so many poor/out of form sides..

Been reading a bit about the rumoured issues around Mazzarri. A lot of it sounds identical to the rumoured issues we had with Ranieri this season!

- Excessive training sessions contributing to fatigue and injuries (you training 12 days in a row, us training in the morning of an evening match)

- Poor language skills and perhaps not being able to communicate desired tactics (I'm not sure Ranieri's english is that much better than Mazzarri's tbh)

- Disregarding recommendations from pre-existing backroom staff

- Shit results and shit performances, with similar generic post match press conferences saying the performance was actually okay

- Supposed rift with multiple players

- A player who clearly cares (Deeney/Vardy), dropped to the bench mysteriously due to 'poor form' but maybe there were managerial reasons for that poor form

I don't know, it's almost creepy how similar the situations sound :unsure: 

Are they actually considering Ranieri as a replacement if Mazzarri goes? Can't see that ending well...

7 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Going to go against the grain and say we were poor and flattered by the scoreline, we didn't deserve to go into half time ahead and goals 1 and 2 were gifted to us. Still to win 3-0 playing that poorly is a good sign!

Thank god I was starting to think I had been to a different game. Both sides were poor, most of the football played was of a low quality and I thought Kasper was probably man of the match for us as he pulled of 3 or 4 top class saves. Showed how important he is to us. If Zeiler had been in goal I'm not sure we would have won. Their front line all looked a bit overweight and out of condition to me.

All about the result though which is a massive positive.

I thought Slimani did well when he came on and the third goal was a great goal. Vardy also a constant menace. Benny poor for me, outmuscled and gave the ball straight back to Watford in dangerous positions at least 4 times. Huth very good.

Still onwards and hopefully upwards from now on.

11 hours ago, ramadaone said:

Couple of people early on in he thread reckoned Shinji had a great game

i thought he was awful

He got a standing ovation when he went off. I think you're alone mate.

Shinji rarely does anything spectacular but for some reason we seem to play better with him in the team. His movement and pressure on the defenders and midfielders helps us win the ball back and get straight onto the front foot. I like him and as long as we are playing Vardy id play Shinji for his mandatory 60 mins.

That is unless we are trying a different tactic.

44 minutes ago, foxhateram said:

He got a standing ovation when he went off. I think you're alone mate.

A standing ovation for Okazaki is as much a ritual as his removal from the field after an hour's play. It is not a measure of his performance.

Archived