Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford (home) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

2 minutes ago, foxy boxing said:

Really great win and Kasper with some decent saves to keep a clean sheet and good to see Slimani playing and getting a goal whether he stays or not. Great game by Albrighton

Did slim score then?

I'm a big critic of Mahrez this season.

Better second half today.

He needs to understand that there is a correlation; when he passes the ball he's at this best; when he starts a dribbling contest he's at his worst. 

Its simple, it's a team game, play as such and the tide will turn.

Been critical of Mahrez this season but thought he did really well today.

Looked dangerous going forward and took his goal smartly.

Not sure what  the frowning was about when he went off . I do still expect him to leave though

Our results based on controlled efficiency and the takiing of chances since Shakespeare took charge really does make me wonder how well we might have done had we taken the Ranieri decision sooner - even as early as September when the problems were starting to become apparent.

Not only have we been reborn as a winning football team but as a co-ordinated squad of players once more and with increasing numbers of players involved in the goals.

Three more of them today and could well have been six with speed of counter-attack again the key.

Good to see central midfielder N'didi adding another by finding the time to attack the penalty box, to see Mahrez have one of his best games all season courtesy of so much space being given to him by a defender in despair.

And to have Albrighton round off another man of the match performance with another goal and another example of what hard work and enthusiasm can add to ability and all-round awareness.

Yet another clean sheet made a nonsense of so many comments aimed at supposedly the dead loss defenders we needed to ditch when they fell victim to Confuse.com-type management and team selection and that not a few months after helping win the Premiership title by "a distance".

It's hard to believe that in just a few weeks we gone from "hopeless" to the relative highness of a top 10 place, and from looking like serial losers back to the team that lived it's "impossible dream" at 5000/1 

Benny demonstrated that he's arrived as an additional bonus with another decent game in a Morganless back four that seemed strong enough to stand between the US and Mexico if Trumpy can't afford enough bricks.

Gray might have played only a small cameo but it was enough to have some effect with the start of the move that led to our third goal and overall the game that mathematically ensured our Premiership survival showed a team capable of giving us a saga of Shakespearean success rather than just a one-off best seller.  

Well done one and all but mixed feelings I'd imagine for Nigel Pearson looking at his confident former charges today and the increasingly precarious plight of his Hull City connection.             .

51 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Watford are woeful aren't they!

I've been saying this for a while. They really are dog shit. Their league position hasn't been a reflection of how shit they actually are. Said to my nephew a while back that id  be disappointed if watford  and/or Burnley  finished above us. We are finally in a position in the league we should be. Now just to catch WBA and finish 8th! Id  have taken top 10 and quarter finals of the champs  league at start of the season! 

I watched a stream and enjoyed every minute of the game, even when we were a bit mehr in the first half. That is, apart from the wanky co-commentator on NBC: dunno who it was, but it reminded me again that Scottish ex-players always make fvckin useless observations on English Premier League games.

I t'hought the second half was a master-class. OK, Watford weren't that good, but I thought our defence was superb - Benny is becoming a real star - and Vardy, Mahrez and Albrighton were absolutely brilliant up front. Could have been 5-0 or even 6-0, but so pleased that Albrighton got the goal: that has to be the best free transfer ever!

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

Why not ? We shouldn't have inferiority feelings for any side in this league . Chelsea ,

Spurs and Arsenal and Man U will all have Europe as a distraction and  I would fancy us at no worse than evens in every away fixture and money on at home .

got to get the player retention (all please ) and recruitment (we know that we need to strengthen in defence) right and go again 

The mystique of the 'big' team should mean nothing to us, good pre season keep hold of key players add some quality and bring through some youth and attack the league see where it gets us

2 minutes ago, Thracian said:

Our results based on controlled efficiency and the takiing of chances since Shakespeare took charge really does make me wonder how well we might have done had we taken the Ranieri decision sooner - even as early as September when the problems were starting to become apparent.

Not only have we been reborn as a winning football team but as a co-ordinated squad of players once more and with increasing numbers of players involved in the goals.

Three more of them today and could well have been six with speed of counter-attack again the key.

Good to see central midfielder N'didi adding another by finding the time to attack the penalty box, to see Mahrez have one of his best games all season courtesy of so much space being given to him by a defender despairing of what exactly to do about him.

And to have Albrighton round off another man of the match performance with another goal and another example of what hard work and enthusiasm can add to ability and all-round awareness.

Yet another clean sheet made a nonsense of so many comments aimed at supposedly the dead loss defenders we needed to ditch when they fell victim to Confuse.com-type management and team selection and that not a few months after helping win the Premiership title by "a distance".

It's hard to believe that in just a few weeks we gone from "hopeless" to the relative highness of a top 10 place, and from looking like serial losers back to the team that lived it's "impossible dream" at 5000/1 

Benny demonstrated that he's arrived as an additional bonus with another decent game in a Morganless back four that seemed strong enough to stand between the US and Mexico if Trumpy can't afford enough bricks.

Gray might have played only a small cameo but it was enough to have some effect with the start of the move that led to our third goal and overall the game that mathematically ensured our Premiership survival showed a team capable of giving us a saga of Shakespearean success rather than just a one-off best seller.  

Well done one and all but mixed feelings I'd imagine for Nigel Pearson looking at his confident former charges today and the increasingly precarious plight of his Hull City connection.             .

Imagine how bad the media over reaction would have been if we'd  have sacked him in September  ?. Owners 100% made the right decision sacking him, as sad as it was. I honestly think we'd be getting relegated now if he'd stayed! 

With Lawrence, James and Barnes doing well on their loan periods it'll be like having three new players ( If they get the chance )

I am warming towards Shakespeare as well ..........

1 minute ago, Koke said:

How on earth are the stats in Watfords favour? They were barely a goal threat all game.

Screenshot_20170506-185139.thumb.png.e7942c545d8f9b2c660ecdbacee6e3ae.png

Agreed on the fouls and corners though     :whistle:

6 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

I watched a stream and enjoyed every minute of the game, even when we were a bit mehr in the first half. That is, apart from the wanky co-commentator on NBC: dunno who it was, but it reminded me again that Scottish ex-players always make fvckin useless observations on English Premier League games.

Ray Houghton.

As far as FIFA are concerned, he's Irish. lol

And yes, he appeared to know not much more than the headlines from last season.

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

How on earth are the stats in Watfords favour? They were barely a goal threat all game.

Screenshot_20170506-185139.thumb.png.e7942c545d8f9b2c660ecdbacee6e3ae.png

Obvs ignore the possession stat.

We are Leicester.

Great result!

Albrighton, Vardy, and Ndidi were excellent. Really good to see Mahrez playing with more confidence again in the second half; took his goal brilliantly. Slimani showed some nice touches and movement.

Other than a 15 minute patch in the first half where we got a tad scrappy, I thought they all played very well. Another clean sheet and we looked so dangerous on the counter attack in that second half.

My only slight negative is that I went for 2-0 Ndidi first goalscorer after talking myself out of going for 3. Only myself to blame. I was still glad to see Albrighton get a much deserved goal.

After all the media drama at the start of the year, all the talk about how awful our title defence was and possible relegation, it's ended up not too bad: a great effort in the Champions League quarter finals and (hopefully) a top half finish (preferably 8th)... Would have snapped your hand off for that in the summer.

43 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I love the team spirit. Kasper and Benny was a nice moment. If Riyad stays (really hope he does - think he should) the manager is going to have to work out how to play him in the same side as Gray. 

No he isn't. Gray is nowhere near Mahrez or Albrightons class.Good impact sub, but not a prem starter

5 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Ray Houghton.

As far as FIFA are concerned, he's Irish. lol

And yes, he appeared to know not much more than the headlines from last season.

Was it really? Fook!

Oh well: still make stupid comments - at great length as well!

Archived