Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford (home) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

42 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

What was cringey about it? I didn't keep up with it today

Dunno, I asked the same question but with no reply (maybe he blocked me or I'm not cool enough for acknowledgement) Most of us had fun.

Apparently Col got upset that there was some (minor) grumbling about Drinky and he equated it to people baying for Amartey to come on (I didn't even see DA's name mentioned apart from one post where someone asked how Drinky starts every week and the response was that the alternatives were Amartey/King) 

Thread was mainly Shinji fun, people wanting Riyad to play better, people being happy when Riyad played better, people loving Kasper/Benny man love and everyone loving Albrighton correctly. Oh, and someone posting a YouTube link to Toto's Africa when  we went 2-0 up and @Izzy Muzzett getting moist at the thought of Slim, Mahrez, Vardy and Gray attacking quartet, to which @Tuna posted some after sex tissues 

Nothing of note though 

8 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Was it really? Fook!

Oh well: still make stupid comments - at great length as well!

No mate, you were right. He is a sweaty sock. He just pretended to be Irish, like a Yank on St Paddy's day or Tony Cascarino. lol

How many players would have even thought of poking it under the keeper -Answers on a postcard.

Good job and Slim really did do well in that he carried the ball got up alongside vardy and most importantly did not keep hitting the floor!

8 minutes ago, dynamark said:

How many players would have even thought of poking it under the keeper -Answers on a postcard.

Good job and Slim really did do well in that he carried the ball got up alongside vardy and most importantly did not keep hitting the floor!

Apparently we can get them a dime a dozen, and they work hard... *Shakes head*

Albrighton's finish was a bit tasty too. Great fast break goal, especially as it was last min. Fair play to Vards (and Slim for his off the ball runnjng) to pushing for the third when he could have easily taken it into the corner and run down time, and Marc's lung busting run to be paid off 

16 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Dunno, I asked the same question but with no reply (maybe he blocked me or I'm not cool enough for acknowledgement) Most of us had fun.

Apparently Col got upset that there was some (minor) grumbling about Drinky and he equated it to people baying for Amartey to come on (I didn't even see DA's name mentioned apart from one post where someone asked how Drinky starts every week and the response was that the alternatives were Amartey/King) 

Thread was mainly Shinji fun, people wanting Riyad to play better, people being happy when Riyad played better, people loving Kasper/Benny man love and everyone loving Albrighton correctly. Oh, and someone posting a YouTube link to Toto's Africa when  we went 2-0 up and @Izzy Muzzett getting moist at the thought of Slim, Mahrez, Vardy and Gray attacking quartet, to which @Tuna posted some after sex tissues 

Nothing of note though 

I was too involved in the game to read the thread today, but in my opinion comments during matches are often cringeworthy: and it often seems to be the same posters doing it.

Still, had I been watching and commenting, I'd have upset Col because I don't think Drinkwater had a particularly good game (and I'm a real fan of his) and it might be interesting to see King start against Man City. Then again, why break up a winning team.

Now that we are safe and in the top half of the table, I invite the following to hang their heads in shame and tuck into a large helping of Leicester City-flavoured Humble Pie:

Jamie Carragher, Martin Keown, Michael Owen, Paul Merson, Matt Le Tissier, Gary Lineker, Martin Samuel, Oliver Holt and all the rest of those soft-minded, bandwagon-jumping pundits and agenda-forcing media luvvies who were so outraged by the totally justifiable and now fully vindicated sacking of a manager who had clearly lost the plot.

Fairly comfortable performance, Watford had a couple of moments in each half but didn't really trouble us. First half was boring, not great from both teams, we stepped it up second half and looked a class above.

Another clean sheet, Albrighton was immense again, Mahrez's best performance for a while. Only player I wasn't impressed with was Drinkwater again, misplacing too many passes, doesn't look himself.

As for Watford, they'll go down next season if they stick with that muppet.

If last season had never happened, I would be over the moon at 9th place... still happy mind, but can't help wonder what could of been had the first half of the season been different...

46 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

Nothing of note though 

Just a normal FT Saturday afternoon then really...

Credit to our defence Watford had a lot of nice build up play but very little in the way of an end product. 

The first half wasn't pretty I think we had four good chances, three from Watford players and Wilf's goal.

The second half was much better especially after Rihyad got the second. Credit to Watford they kept going though.

26 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Now that we are safe and in the top half of the table, I invite the following to hang their heads in shame and tuck into a large helping of Leicester City-flavoured Humble Pie:

Jamie Carragher, Martin Keown, Michael Owen, Paul Merson, Matt Le Tissier, Gary Lineker, Martin Samuel, Oliver Holt and all the rest of those soft-minded, bandwagon-jumping pundits and agenda-forcing media luvvies who were so outraged by the totally justifiable and now fully vindicated sacking of a manager who had clearly lost the plot.

?

Guest CityFan 06

Just the job. Premier League football for next season. 

Hope we continue the momentum and secure a place in the top ten. It's doable.

Fantastic win, great performances. Nice to see Mahrez getting a goal and his chin being lifted up as a result - seemed to have his swagger back.

Albrighton was ouststanding today, MOTM for me... and a few of Kasper's saves were stunning.

Brilliant to be 9th after staring at the jaws of relegation for a while this season and all the doom and gloom surrounding that - if we could finish 8th, with having achieved quarter final success in the CL that'd be a superb season for us. And I think quite a lot of us would've taken that before the season kicked off.

Archived