Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Watford (home) Post Match Thread 3 - 0

10 minutes ago, Redouane said:

Slimani pretty much guaranteed a start for next game... unless he gets injured :P 

I thought he was very good today. He offers so much more than Okazaki.

I really hope he kicks on next year. I also hope these are the final few games that we see Okazaki who should find his level in the division below or league one.

We have a genuine chance of a top 8 finish. It does make you think what if. Had these players been managed properly from the very start. I really wonder who still would be happy to go down with this group of players to appease the media/one man. 

Benalouane ball control for a centre half is exemplary at times. I really do think he has the characteristics to fit into the DM role. Tries to create, good tackler, composure just lacks a bit of presence aerially. Think he has stepped up so well given the season (or lack of) that he was having.

1 minute ago, Thracian said:

More points to add to Shaky's top-four standard stewardship. Just need to find a "big name" to do the job better now!  :whistle: 

Wooden Spoon throwing the lit match into the box of fireworks comes to mind !!

Head down await for the fireworks !!

7 minutes ago, FoxonMaui said:

Resul as predicted. Albrighton ran the length of the park to get that third goal, in stoppage time!!!! The guy is amazing. What a team player. Slimani took the whole defense to Coalville!!!!

No defence in the world deserves that!!.....Apart from maybe the Spurs lot

Defensive masterclass 2nd half. Still think we were woeful on the passing in the 1st half and either team could have gotten the lead, but 2nd half we showed we are the better team. Flippin safe for real now, which is amazing considering I kind of already accepted our doom before Ranieri was sacked....

I love the team spirit. Kasper and Benny was a nice moment. If Riyad stays (really hope he does - think he should) the manager is going to have to work out how to play him in the same side as Gray. 

When king was coming in I was hoping we would go 3-5-2 so slim and vards could combine without worrying too much about covering behind them. 

Noticed riyad asking why gray wasn't ready to come on five mins earlier when there was a break in play. So he knew he was coming off which made his quick exit all the more strange. Would have expected him to swap wings with albrighton so he could have his round of applause and waste some time. Looked happy with his goal and then unhappy to be subbed with plenty of warning it was coming 

33 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Congrats to Shakey for sticking with his starting 11. The best 11.

The match thread today was cringeworthy.

Well done City.

What was cringey about it? I didn't keep up with it today

Albrighton has been ****ing brilliant and deserves that goal. Happy Mahrez scored as well and looked hungry today. Glad Slim is getting praise, he was very decent I thought and offers a lot. Defence was solid.

Good game and a good day. 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Think Watford will drop next season unless they can sort themselves out significantly in the summer. We didn't rearly get out of first gear and still battered them 3-0

They'll sack the manager and start again like they always do.

2 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

Albrighton has been ****ing brilliant and deserves that goal. Happy Mahrez scored as well and looked hungry today. Glad Slim is getting praise, he was very decent I thought and offers a lot. Defence was solid.

Good game and a good day. 

Been our best player since Shakespeare came in imo

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

When king was coming in I was hoping we would go 3-5-2 so slim and vards could combine without worrying too much about covering behind them. 

Noticed riyad asking why gray wasn't ready to come on five mins earlier when there was a break in play. So he knew he was coming off which made his quick exit all the more strange. Would have expected him to swap wings with albrighton so he could have his round of applause and waste some time. Looked happy with his goal and then unhappy to be subbed with plenty of warning it was coming 

It's great that Albrighton scored at the end, but I sometimes wonder why Shakespeare chooses to sub off Mahrez for Gray rather than Albrighton. I get that Albrighton is a really good crosser which can complement Slimani, but we've seen the Mahrez and Slimani hyperlink really work well in the champions league and early season. 

32 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Lets confound them all and win the league again next season.

Why not ? We shouldn't have inferiority feelings for any side in this league . Chelsea ,

Spurs and Arsenal and Man U will all have Europe as a distraction and  I would fancy us at no worse than evens in every away fixture and money on at home .

got to get the player retention (all please ) and recruitment (we know that we need to strengthen in defence) right and go again 

5 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

Really great win and Kasper with some decent saves to keep a clean sheet and good to see Slimani playing and getting a goal whether he stays or not. Great game by Albrighton

Sorry Albrighton with the goal of course

Archived