Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dog_4

adams or levein

Couldn't give a ****. What's the point in keep talking about this? Adams had a good season for us but lost the plot after his short sightedness (footballing wise) caught up with him. Levein is using a different approach and it is taking time. Whether it will ever work out is another question but I can't be arsed to keep comparing them when Levein's only a quarter way through his development of this club.

Time for one of my World Famous Analogies....

You have to pick something to eat. You could go for a Frozen Microwave Meal, which would be ready nearly instantly for example! Nothing quite like a Siberian Takeaway to quickly get those munchies under control! But keep eating them without some decent grub to bring about a balanced diet and you could run into trouble long term! Your nutritional intake would suffer, the E numbers would create hell with the kids, and it would start being a bit costly. We will call this the Mickey Adams diet.

Now (Ok you are ahead of me!) consider a nice home cooked meal, made from the finest basic ingredients. Yes, it will take a little longer, what with peeling your own veg etc, and the kids will start whingeing about "When is it time to eat?" and "Mummy's meals only take 3 minutes". Impatient little buggers I know, but we all know people like that! But once the meal is ready and served on the table, the little ones dig in, and all that complaining is forgotten. Better for you too! It might even work out cheaper as well! Let us for the sake of argument call this the Craig Levein diet....

I think I know what I would rather have. :)

You have to pick something to eat. You could go for a Frozen Microwave Meal, which would be ready nearly instantly for example! Nothing quite like a Siberian Takeaway to quickly get those munchies under control! But keep eating them without some decent grub to bring about a balanced diet and you could run into trouble long term! Your nutritional intake would suffer, the E numbers would create hell with the kids, and it would start being a bit costly. We will call this the Mickey Adams diet.

Now (Ok you are ahead of me!) consider a nice home cooked meal, made from the finest basic ingredients. Yes, it will take a little longer, what with peeling your own veg etc, and the kids will start whingeing about "When is it time to eat?" and "Mummy's meals only take 3 minutes". Impatient little buggers I know, but we all know people like that! But once the meal is ready and served on the table, the little ones dig in, and all that complaining is forgotten. Better for you too! It might even work out cheaper as well! Let us for the sake of argument call this the Craig Levein diet....

:clap2: :thumbup::smile: :clap2:

Can we call McDonalds the Forest diet? :whistle:

Couldent agrre more suffolk_folk. Had the honour of watching the Luton, Sheffield Wed, Blackpool and Brighton games recently and whilst they were not the best games I have ever witnessed they gave me some confidence in regard to the future of the team. Hughes and Williams in particular were very promising and Hume looks as if he is going to be a nusence for defending teams. Sylla, de Vries also look like they have a great potential. Everyone was on de Vries back for missing chances but the way I look at it is that he has goals in the net and was at one stage a leading goalscorrer in the leauge. You have to pick someone who is scoring. Sterman put some good performances in but was getting caught out a little, this willl improve the more he plays at this level. The one player that really impressed was Alan Sheehan. I think he is the most promising player of the lot.

Given most of these players have only played 10 or so times as a team I think the future is very bright and that Levein is doing a good job with very little resource. We had our day with Adams. Hes gone lets look forward to this current group of players getting a shed load of games under their belts and maturing as a team. I hope we finish the season by winning more games and pushing for a top ten position and next season improving and pushing for a play off spot.

I wont have the honour of watching LCFC for the rest of this season as I live in Australia but I do have a very positive view of the future with CL in charge.

MadMick

Different time different situation. If City had stayed up then he could have brought players in on a longer contract. As it were he knew players would leave and because of club finances was unable to promise long contracts to players. With Levein he and the club know it will be difficult to get promotion. The money situation has improved slightly and Levein does not want to panic buy. I am sure there are three teams worse than City (although I said this in the Premiership) so at the end of the season Levein can reassess the situation and you won't see so many new players brought in or leave. He'll have a better idea where the team needs strengthening and the team will be stronger for it.

Well that's the theory anyway. Can go wrong but it stands a better chance of succeeding than changing the manager who will then change the team and we'll be back to square one of players having to gel for anything up to a season. Only world class players are usually able to fit in right away and can anyone honestly say they have seen world class players at the level City play at? lol

The way i see it is that Cl has bought in quality players with little money and he is giving the reserve players with potential more of a chance such as stearman sheehan wesolowski when hes fit yeah Adams took us to the prem but what chance did we have in the long term old players on more money than young players on less i know what id sooner have :)

The way i see it is that Cl has bought in quality players with little money and he is giving the reserve players with potential more of a chance such as stearman sheehan wesolowski when hes fit yeah Adams took us to the prem but what chance did we have in the long term old players on more money than young players on less i know what id sooner have :)

Give that man a medal.

Archived