Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
King Kyle lcfc

England vs Poland

King is an odd one, dunno if he could play centre mid at international level. Glad to see SWP given a go down the right again.

I reckon (and hope) that king will take his chance and play a blinder. He is a good defender but has no chance of getting a place in the starting line up unless there is an injury. However, he has the right attributes to be a good DMC. He would protect the back four perfectly and allow the other midfielder (in todays case, Lampard) to be more attacking and help the attackers. With Cole on the left and SWP on the right it should be a good attacking game from Englands point of view! I hope its a good game!

I reckon (and hope) that king will take his chance and play a blinder. He is a good defender but has no chance of getting a place in the starting line up unless there is an injury. However, he has the right attributes to be a good DMC. He would protect the back four perfectly and allow the other midfielder (in todays case, Lampard) to be more attacking and help the attackers. With Cole on the left and SWP on the right it should be a good attacking game from Englands point of view! I hope its a good game!

Exactly. A defensive midfielder would make a big big difference to the team in my opinion.

France know it is now or never

Should the Republic of Ireland win or draw at home in Dublin, a French victory by any margin over Cyprus would see Les Bleus qualify. But if Switzerland defeat the Irish, France will only qualify directly if they beat Cyprus by four goals more than the Swiss margin of victory.

VIVE LA FRANCE! :unsure:

I think it will be more like a diamond formation with King in the defensive role. I think it should be good tonight, as playing with a defensive mid may (as someone said) make a big difference to our team. I would love Gerrard and Lampard to be able to play at their best together, but if they can't, one or the other and a defensive mid may be the answer. Also SWP with his pace could make a real difference too.

Also go Ireland :D.

I think it will be more like a diamond formation with King in the defensive role. I think it should be good tonight, as playing with a defensive mid may (as someone said) make a big difference to our team. I would love Gerrard and Lampard to be able to play at their best together, but if they can't, one or the other and a defensive mid may be the answer. Also SWP with his pace could make a real difference too.

Also go Ireland :D.

YEAH COME ON IRELAND!! :thumbup:

France know it is now or never

Should the Republic of Ireland win or draw at home in Dublin, a French victory by any margin over Cyprus would see Les Bleus qualify. But if Switzerland defeat the Irish, France will only qualify directly if they beat Cyprus by four goals more than the Swiss margin of victory.VIVE LA FRANCE! :unsure:

Looking good then :)

1-0 jo cole cheeky back flick for all you without teles :P

twas actually a joe cole shot going wide and a michael owen flick ;):P

Owen's equaled our Gary's record of 22 goals in euro champs and world cups.

By far the Best England performance this year and probably a while before that. and look at the debates that have came up i.e Why is Becham never dropped? He was suspended today and we played well. i.e.2 Gerrard and Lampard can't play together they haven't tonight and Lampard Ran the middle of the park. Becham can't play in future internationals he doesn't deserve a place SWP all the way he's a proper winger. Sven You can't play gerrard and lampard together choose one or the other . Anyway well done lads.

Some interesting points to take from tonight's game. Firstly I thought Ledley King was outstanding. In the first half he won the ball on countless times and he provided the support for the back four, which is just what he was there to do. In the second half again he was just there to do what was needed. Also I felt it helped Lampard's game significantly as he had license to get forward more. This King-Lampard partnership was like the Makelele-Lampard role at Chelsea and hence why it worked so well. If there were any doubts about whether King could cut it in the centre of midfield, I think he's silenced all his critics tonight. Therefore what will SGE do when Gerrard comes back. Gerrard is a class player but recently him and Lampard just hasn't been working. Is it possible to play the 3 of them together, like Chelsea do with Essien. Another point is that SWP was great tonight. I still like Beckham and think he's a world class player but SWP just brings that extra dimension by just running at defenders. I was most suprised when SGE brought him off for the pole vault, Crouch. And Joe Cole is really awesome, I love watching him play. Also I thought both Owen and Rooney looked very sharp which is encouraging for England. The defence in the most part did their job well and all in all I thought it was an encouraging performance.

Some interesting points to take from tonight's game. Firstly I thought Ledley King was outstanding. In the first half he won the ball on countless times and he provided the support for the back four, which is just what he was there to do. In the second half again he was just there to do what was needed. Also I felt it helped Lampard's game significantly as he had license to get forward more. This King-Lampard partnership was like the Makelele-Lampard role at Chelsea and hence why it worked so well. If there were any doubts about whether King could cut it in the centre of midfield, I think he's silenced all his critics tonight. Therefore what will SGE do when Gerrard comes back. Gerrard is a class player but recently him and Lampard just hasn't been working. Is it possible to play the 3 of them together, like Chelsea do with Essien. Another point is that SWP was great tonight. I still like Beckham and think he's a world class player but SWP just brings that extra dimension by just running at defenders. I was most suprised when SGE brought him off for the pole vault, Crouch. And Joe Cole is really awesome, I love watching him play. Also I thought both Owen and Rooney looked very sharp which is encouraging for England. The defence in the most part did their job well and all in all I thought it was an encouraging performance.

Good summary. :thumbup:

Archived