Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Uranyl Yellow

Kingdom Come: Deliverance

9 minutes ago, Uranyl Yellow said:

Anybody played this? Not normally my genre of game, but I enjoyed The Witcher series and this looks sort of similar albeit without the magic. 

Looks interesting, but I am going to give it a couple of weeks until all the launch bugs etc are sorted. 

1 minute ago, SMX11 said:

Looks interesting, but I am going to give it a couple of weeks until all the launch bugs etc are sorted. 

Yeh, price is somewhat higher than I would like to just throw away on an over-hyped donkey (God knows I've fallen for enough tripe in the past). Still reviews seem generally positive and most of the negative stuff seems to be from techno junkies who have a paddy if they can't get 100 FPS at 4K.

1 minute ago, Uranyl Yellow said:

Yeh, price is somewhat higher than I would like to just throw away on an over-hyped donkey (God knows I've fallen for enough tripe in the past). Still reviews seem generally positive and most of the negative stuff seems to be from techno junkies who have a paddy if they can't get 100 FPS at 4K.

From what i have read it is more of an old school RPG i.e. less hand holding and more exploration. Will certainly look at it once they have sorted out the teething problems.

Had a early access version during the weekend via a mate.

It has it's pros and cons, it takes around 6-8hrs to complete the tutorial and only then can you access the open world. Very slow burning but you get the rewards the further into the game you get, I got 20hrs in before sacking it off and not touched it since. 

I described it as Skyrim for grown ups. If you play survival mode on other games you will enjoy this, you have to eat/sleep/drink etc, you cannot just save the game - you have to sleep in a bed or buy a save thing with your gold etc and loads of other things that you take for granted in a normal AAA game.

BUT as mentioned it is buggy AF, clunky combat in early gameplay and doesn't do much storywise either. 

It is a good game but more for hardcore gamers than casual ones. 

20 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Had a early access version during the weekend via a mate.

It has it's pros and cons, it takes around 6-8hrs to complete the tutorial and only then can you access the open world. Very slow burning but you get the rewards the further into the game you get, I got 20hrs in before sacking it off and not touched it since. 

I described it as Skyrim for grown ups. If you play survival mode on other games you will enjoy this, you have to eat/sleep/drink etc, you cannot just save the game - you have to sleep in a bed or buy a save thing with your gold etc and loads of other things that you take for granted in a normal AAA game.

BUT as mentioned it is buggy AF, clunky combat in early gameplay and doesn't do much storywise either. 

It is a good game but more for hardcore gamers than casual ones. 

Cheers. Useful to know about your first-hand experience. Probably saved me some money.