Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
City Fan

New Captain

Should CL appoint a new captain?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should CL appoint a new captain?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure

Lets face it, Tiatto isn't really a first team player. As the thread produced earlier stated, every time we have won is when Tiatto hasn't played. Levein leaves him out quite often, but I think he should appoint a new captain who will be in the squad week in week out.

I am thinking more along the lines of Dublin, Johansson, or Hughesy. We can't have a captain who starts on the bench each week or is suspended every other game, because it is simply not healthy for the club.

dion would make a great captain, much better than tiatto

He would, and is, but you have a simliar problem. He wont play every game and some games he will be on the bench or injured. However, in some games i would give him the responisibility. He is a great leader and motivator!

I would have Maybury at other times because he seems direct and can get the players going. I dont think Hughes would make a good captain. He needs to focus on being creative and he doesnt need the distraction of being a captain and getting the lads going when he needs to be creative and most influential. He doesnt have that character either, whereas Dublin and Maybury do.

As a last resort, you could have big rab as captain...but only as a last resort!

I do think we need a new captain, but I'm not convinced by the idea that 'Tiatto is no longer a first team player'. Just because he was dropped today it doesn't mean he won't start again soon. This was one of the very few times Levein has actually dropped him, most of the other occasions when he wasn't playing was when he was injured or suspended.

I'd probably give the armband (if it had to be anyone) to Paddy McCarthy. He's the most passionate and enthusiastic of players, and he could be the "big talker" within the team (excluding Dion obviously). I haven't seen anything in any of the other players to suggest that they can lead and motivate, but I think McCarthy has the potential. Maybury is very quiet, as is Johansson, and their performances don't exactly lead by example either. McCarthy might be rash and overenthusiastic at times, but I feel his heart is in the club and he is determined to succeed here.

I think Dion should be captain and we should play McCarthy next to him at centre back as often as possible so he can be nurtured into the next captain of Leicester City. I would like to see Gerrbrand get some games too but I believe, for the future of the club, McCarthy has to work with Dion as much as is humanly possible. When Dion needs a rest, Johansson can be moved inside and Gerrbrand can even play at left back I think.

I think Dion should be captain and we should play McCarthy next to him at centre back as often as possible so he can be nurtured into the next captain of Leicester City.

McCarthy strikes me as too nervy to be a good choice for a captain... not sure if this can be overcome with time, perhaps it's a personality trait?

I do think we need a new captain, but I'm not convinced by the idea that 'Tiatto is no longer a first team player'. Just because he was dropped today it doesn't mean he won't start again soon. This was one of the very few times Levein has actually dropped him, most of the other occasions when he wasn't playing was when he was injured or suspended.

I'd probably give the armband (if it had to be anyone) to Paddy McCarthy. He's the most passionate and enthusiastic of players, and he could be the "big talker" within the team (excluding Dion obviously). I haven't seen anything in any of the other players to suggest that they can lead and motivate, but I think McCarthy has the potential. Maybury is very quiet, as is Johansson, and their performances don't exactly lead by example either. McCarthy might be rash and overenthusiastic at times, but I feel his heart is in the club and he is determined to succeed here.

I'd agree with that and the other point about Dion probably not playing every game. McCarthy does strike me as captain material and he's certainly vocal on the pitch.

I'd agree with that and the other point about Dion probably not playing every game. McCarthy does strike me as captain material and he's certainly vocal on the pitch.

Unfortunately, I don't think he is mature enough for that role yet.

He sometimes behaves as if he were already a captain, but doesn't quite have all the trimmings. For instance,

I wasn't very impressed when I saw him slap Hume during the Brighton game. He had been telling him off (extremely vocally) and it looked like he "lost it" when he slapped Hume. :(

Kisnorbo :whistle:

As one who has a distinct preference for the captain to be either a centreback or the holding midfielder I actually think that's not a bad call for next season, Wesolowski would be a good longer term bet as well.

Can't say any of the centre backs inspire me longer term at the moment.

Am i his dad :unsure: .............sadly no lol

I picked him for a couple reasons

DION DUBLIN - Has 12 months or less left and at his age he should be a leader on the park without needing the armband and he will miss as many games as he plays

DANNY TIATTO - Has not impressed me at all (come on mate ya an aussie lift ya game :mad: ) and also he's always injured

MAYBURY - May have done his dash with CL over that sending off

STEARMAN - Too young and still cutting his teeth in the first team

and i like the captain to be in the middle and i also think he's a player that will grow into the role well and will be around for awhile by the time he go's Stearman will be ready to take over the roll as captain of the mighty Leicester City

:scarf:

Am i his dad :unsure: .............sadly no lol

I picked him for a couple reasons

DION DUBLIN - Has 12 months or less left and at his age he should be a leader on the park without needing the armband and he will miss as many games as he plays

DANNY TIATTO - Has not impressed me at all (come on mate ya an aussie lift ya game :mad: ) and also he's always injured

MAYBURY - May have done his dash with CL over that sending off

STEARMAN - Too young and still cutting his teeth in the first team

and i like the captain to be in the middle and i also think he's a player that will grow into the role well and will be around for awhile by the time he go's Stearman will be ready to take over the roll as captain of the mighty Leicester City

:scarf:

Tiatto is always suspended, not injured!

:rolleyes::P

Also, nothing has been said about a rift between the two. I doubt there will be after their relationship at Hearts. Maybury should know that managers get upset when one of their players is sent off for something very silly.

Tiatto is always suspended, not injured!

:rolleyes::P

Well, not ALWAYS, but perhaps mostly.

Don't forget his hamstring problems...

Also, nothing has been said about a rift between the two. I doubt there will be after their relationship at Hearts. Maybury should know that managers get upset when one of their players is sent off for something very silly.

Like you, I also doubt that there is going to be an actual rift between the two. Maybury has "served his sentence" (hopefully thought about what went wrong) and should be looking forward to making amends by raising the standard of his game.

McCarthy strikes me as too nervy to be a good choice for a captain... not sure if this can be overcome with time, perhaps it's a personality trait?

I think McCarthy has looked nervy at times this season but I think that has something to do with the players around him. He hasn't looked very confident with Douglas behind him and that's one of the reasons I would've liked Henderson to carry on in goal. When he plays with Johansson he doesn't look too confident either. I think he enjoys being told what to do to a certain extent. He likes to be told where he is and who is around him. Johansson seems to get on with his own job and doesn't seem as bothered about the central defensive partnership. Dublin never stops talking. McCarthy, Gerrbrand and eventually Stearman are the centre backs of the future for us and while we have to have one eye on the present, we need to be thinking of the future too. Gerrbrand won't improve if he doesn't get first team experience and I don't think McCarthy will improve as much as he could do if he plays with Johansson. People are Saying Dion's only here for one year but I think Johansson's on a two year deal so next season will be his last too for us depending on an extension.

Archived