Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NorthfieldsFox

Surreal Experience seeing so many local born Liverpool fans in our city

17 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

This. I've always said that I pity anyone born in Leicester who took the easy option to support one of the big clubs as a kid and missed out on that title win.

Yeah, big clubs win more trophies. However, not having that connection to the city and community surely makes them hollow. Leicester as a whole was engulfed by a wave of euphoria when we won that title- 99.9% of football fans around the world will never get close to what we felt over those few months, and no amount of trophies won by some team 100 miles up the road that you've latched onto will make up for it.  

Fuck 'em.

It's a lack of character that makes you support a club that you have no links to rather than the club that represent where you are from, I believe these people are mentally weak. They're the sort of people who would be informing on the local population if they were around in WW2 and the Nazis had successfully conquered England.

I pity these people more than anything. If Liverpool win the CL they'll celebrate that evening in their living rooms but won't experience the community joy that we did. When we all signed up to supporting Leicester we never thought we'd live to see the day. Our title is worth 100 of the big clubs titles.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Fuck 'em.

It's a lack of character that makes you support a club that you have no links to rather than the club that represent where you are from, I believe these people are mentally weak. They're the sort of people who would be informing on the local population if they were around in WW2 and the Nazis had successfully conquered England.

I pity these people more than anything. If Liverpool win the CL they'll celebrate that evening in their living rooms but won't experience the community joy that we did. When we all signed up to supporting Leicester we never thought we'd live to see the day. Our title is worth 100 of the big clubs titles.

Probably a touch strong this 

Guest Markyblue

During the glory season there was a lot of good will from fans of other clubs from other towns.the most bitterness I encountered was from Leicestershire born fans of rival clubs especially Liverpool.