Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Torrents

Nope, mine hasn't started. Still showing 0(1) for peers, too. Odd that the tracker is showing in my client as piratebay, and I didn't think that was the one Davie used.

Just noticed that my torrent client (azureus) has been updated though, so I'm going to get the latest version and try again. Superseeding is something you do for a specific file. It won't be in preferences. In azureus you right click on a particular torrent, and then there's a context menu, within which there is 'advanced...' which leads to, among other things, a tick box for 'superseed'.

I did use piratebay.

Nope, mine hasn't started. Still showing 0(1) for peers, too. Odd that the tracker is showing in my client as piratebay, and I didn't think that was the one Davie used.

Just noticed that my torrent client (azureus) has been updated though, so I'm going to get the latest version and try again. Superseeding is something you do for a specific file. It won't be in preferences. In azureus you right click on a particular torrent, and then there's a context menu, within which there is 'advanced...' which leads to, among other things, a tick box for 'superseed'.

When I started it it said 0 peers and after a while I removed the torrent and exited utorrent. Then I started utorrent off all over again, added the torrent again and it worked so you might want to try that if it still won't start.

Here's a screen dump of my torrent;

bittorrent.jpg

how do you set it up to superseed?

Do you want me to leave my PC and internet connection on all night?

It would help everyone all round while starting this off if all of us can set upload to unlimited and then seed afterwards - at the moment I am getting diddly little download speeds from three of you...and two downloaders aren't uploading anything.

This won't work unless you do - I'm currently in line for a 16 hour download!

Do you want me to leave my PC and internet connection on all night?

Yes please :D It goes faster in the early hours.

I've currently got download speed of around 30kb/s and upload of 30 to 40kb/s so a few of us should have it by the morning.

If anyone gets fed up of low speeds try it after midnight cos mine always goes faster then

Surely uploading it to a site like yousendit would be better?

Don't you have to pay to send files over 100MB? This is ten times that. Plus, downloading using torrents will be quicker once a few of us have the file running.

In other news, I've installed an entirely new torrent client, and now have 3.5% of the file downloaded. Seeing three peers, no seeders, and predicting 10 hours.

Had this running a few minutes, nothing's occurring, these messages keep repeating in the log..

[4.27.2 2009-11-01 00:10:56] WARNING : Problem connecting to tracker (http://open.tracker.thepiratebay.org/announce,): Timeout while contacting server.

T'also says 0 peers and 0 seeders.

Don't know what this means, never used a torrent.

Don't you have to pay to send files over 100MB? This is ten times that. Plus, downloading using torrents will be quicker once a few of us have the file running.

You can split archive it, into files 100mb big each, or whatever.

Had this running a few minutes, nothing's occurring, these messages keep repeating in the log..

[4.27.2 2009-11-01 00:10:56] WARNING : Problem connecting to tracker (http://open.tracker.thepiratebay.org/announce,): Timeout while contacting server.

T'also says 0 peers and 0 seeders.

Don't know what this means, never used a torrent.

That sounds like your torrent client isn't even able to connect to the tracker service, which is the step before actually downloading. My guess would be that you've got a firewall on your PC or router which is preventing the torrent client from making outbound connections.

These are the peers that appear on my torrent for this file:

cpc1-shep10-0-0-cust231.leic.cable.ntl.com:25130

host86-150-180-195.range86-150.btcentralplus.com:37325

188-220-119-84.zone11.bethere.co.uk:33084

The 1st 2 appear to be yanks

I don't know if it helps but i've just added some additional trackers as the pirate one said it wasn't working. The new one is denis.stalker.

Anyway i'm off to bed I'll leave you all to it. Hope it works.

Will speak in the morning.

I have five showing on mine 3 American 2 Brits, One of which is a Mac user, probably Daggers.

or me :D

then again I don't know if it would identify my mac at the point I'm at if it's still stuck at contacting tracker

Apparently I have no seeds and no peers for this, and cannot connect to the tracker even though it has tried 15 times. No problem with downloading any other torrents, nor seeding them afterwards. What's the deal?

:dunno: I've given up, much prefer Rapidshare et al.

Archived