Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Torrents

If any of you used to grab torrents from Mininova, it's now dead.

Mininova, which lost a court battle in August with the anti-piracy BREIN Foundation and was given three months to comply with an order to removed torrents that infringed copyright, said in a post today that: “Unfortunately the court ruling leaves us no other option than to take our platform offline, except for the Content Distribution Service.”

@Hairy - Revolution TT, IP Torrents (Love this site) & Tv Torrents.Ro are the main one's i use these days. I have invites for them all if you wanna trade??

Just signed up to Dime.

I was on Torrent Leech, Torrent Bytes, Torrent Damage & Blackcat Games, but let the accounts expire as i was'nt using them

@Cupid - I only payed £6 from here http://seedbox.me/ on the Orange package so i could test it out and see if i liked it. I will probably upgrade for next month as the 10gb space is not enough and takes abit of management. Overall ive been very pleased with the service for the amount i payed, everything is explained in simple terms and everything is set up for you.

£6 a month aint bad i suppose,but only 10gb of space is a killer if you want to mulitple seed different torrents, ok for smaller files i guess, I used to up lots of games for consoles like xbox 360,ps2 etc, and used to share a massive allowance once, but i gave that all up a while back, and just upload the odd album

Mininova shutting down, that suck, you can always use isohunt.com

bitsoup is one i use, i have been a member on there pretty much the day it started

If any of you used to grab torrents from Mininova, it's now dead.

Mininova, which lost a court battle in August with the anti-piracy BREIN Foundation and was given three months to comply with an order to removed torrents that infringed copyright, said in a post today that: “Unfortunately the court ruling leaves us no other option than to take our platform offline, except for the Content Distribution Service.”

Gutted, that's the main place I get torrents from. Can't believe it, just been to check and its got no dvds or tv shows I dont think.

Is that the same sort of thing as mininova, will I get the same sort of stuff on there?

Also when I left that webpage (not when I went on it, that worked fine) my antivirus popped up and said something like ' possible threat - JavaScript Obfuscator 714 form sprigs-irons.net ' Is this a problem my end or is it just a bit of adware or something from the site? I haven't got a clue what happened!

Used isohunt to get Paranormal Activity (Jaybob upload) and I must say the quality is phenomenal.

Just a little tip guys and girls for those that dont know

when a film is released onto the net, its normally done by a "scene release group" who take the form of various names, some have good rep,some have bad rep'

Each release will/should have there name at the end,along with what type of release it is.

Before you download anything, you should always check the quality first, by means of downloading the small sample/and or checking this site

http://www.vcdq.com/index.php

There are various different types of scene releases as far as films are concerned, and this determines in most cases what the quality should be like,or at least what you should expect (you have to watch for fakes)

they normally run in order of quality like this

from bad to good (there are other types,but these are the main ones you will see)

CAM - a recording from a cinema, quality varies.

TS (telesync) - same as above, but should come with separate audio source normally better Audio (i.e not recorded in the cinema with the mic).(I think they are sometimes obtained from the headphone socket for the hard of hearing)

Screener - This is a copy,normally very good quality, that is sent around for people to preview the film before its on general release, you should expect some kind of text saying (this is copyright blah blah blah) scrawled across the screen that may appear for a few seconds everynow and again.

R5 - Normally very good quality, it can vary, but in the norm they are like dvd rip, sources are from "region 5" i.e russia,india, downside sometimes because of there source, they can be in foreign lang, but what normally happens is the Audio from a lesser quailty picture release will be used

DVD Rip/DVD - This should be near on perfect quality, pretty much the same you'd buy from the shops

BLU RAY rip - Better quality than DVD rip,with higher bitrates,with excellent quality picture

Just a little tip guys and girls for those that dont know

when a film is released onto the net, its normally done by a "scene release group" who take the form of various names, some have good rep,some have bad rep'

Each release will/should have there name at the end,along with what type of release it is.

Before you download anything, you should always check the quality first, by means of downloading the small sample/and or checking this site

Is that what the 'aXXo' I see on the end of certain links is?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

http://mp3scene.org/opensignup.php

10,133 active torrents in the following catz ~

Acoustic, Alternative, Ambient, Audio Book, Blues, Classical, Comedy, Country, Dance, Dancehall, Drum 'n' Bass, Dubste, Electronic, Emo, Folk, Funk, Hardcore Electronic, Hardcore Punk,, Hardstyle, House, Indie, Industrial, Instrumental, Jazz,, Kids, Latin, Lo-Fi, MDVDR, Metal, Musicvideo, Oldies, OST, Packs, Pop, Psychadelic, Punk, Punk Rock, R'n'B, Rap/Hip-hop, Reggae, Rock, Ska, Soul, Techno, Trance, Xmas

Go now if you want in - Normally invite only.

Archived