Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Torrents

I have to say after all this i'm still none the wiser on torrents.

Looking at my BitTorrent screen I've got Seeds 0(6); Peers 0(9) and an upload speed of nothing.

Thumbs up for torrent! Bad part is I can't connect to the tracker, DHT or not. I disabled peerguardian as well, since I try to establish a little "self preservations".

if your using utorrent, make sure you->

right click on the torrent/properties/tick tabs -> enable DHT & peer exchange

mines dropped to 2kbs now,lol it might take the whole night,well see

I'm grateful anyhow, cheers

@DavieG, your probably not connectable, and you will have failed a NAT test, which usually means the port you are using is random and not forwarded to your router (if you have one)

utorrent and alike, are best set to a specific port, i.e 53823 for e.g, you then have to keep this port the same, and forward it to your router for the firewall to allow it through

portfordward.com shows you how, but you might need to set up a static i.p

http://portforward.com/

i used to be a staff uploader on a major torrent site, and i havent mastered it yet :)

I have to say after all this i'm still none the wiser on torrents.

Looking at my BitTorrent screen I've got Seeds 0(6); Peers 0(9) and an upload speed of nothing.

That means you are not connected to any of the seeds or peers. You might need to open a port on your router to become connectable

That means you are not connected to any of the seeds or peers. You might need to open a port on your router to become connectable

I've just altered the upload speed limits and I've now got 2 peers. I don't know why it dropped yesterday it was uploading at 50 to 100kbs if i remember correctly today it's struggling to get above 7kbs

Oh well i've got other things to do now but i'll leave it on.

I've just altered the upload speed limits and I've now got 2 peers. I don't know why it dropped yesterday it was uploading at 50 to 100kbs if i remember correctly today it's struggling to get above 7kbs

Yeah mines at 7.4kbs, must be peak hour or something.

mines dropped to 2kbs now,lol it might take the whole night,well see

@DavieG, your probably not connectable, and you will have failed a NAT test, which usually means the port you are using is random and not forwarded to your router (if you have one)

utorrent and alike, are best set to a specific port, i.e 53823 for e.g, you then have to keep this port the same, and forward it to your router for the firewall to allow it through

:thumbup:

Thanks Cupid, I had disabled DHT on the entire system, but made it open for this specific file - and now it is downloading. However, I noticed the tracker's name was "http://open.tracker.thepiratebay.org/announce," ... (from DavieG's website link) -> I had the remove the comma at the end to make it start downloading so it now says: http://open.tracker.thepiratebay.org/announce

Tracker announce is still offline, but I am downloading. Managed to miss the game, so this will be sweet kaboobie.

mines dropped to 2kbs now, lol it might take the whole night,well see

i used to be a staff uploader on a major torrent site, and i havent mastered it yet :)

I'm sorry but that just when over my head - I looked at the portforward yesterday and couldn't follow it. I believe that with sky they regularly change my IP address, certainly I get messages saying it's I'm being reconnected.

you will only have a few ip address,and you should beable to make one static, not sure about sky though? even so, having a random ip address shouldnt stop you from being connectable, its the ports thats the most important, if i have a decent enough isp, i could do it by remote, but it will take bloody hrs

all depends on who connects,and what speed they got,and what they are doing aswell

also depends on what isp you got,as most throttle the speeds at peak times, hence why its best to leave it on overnight, as thats when you get the best speeds, as thats when they open the lines back up for peole like me that use newsgroups and download gb's and gb's per night,lol

here is a link for convertxtodvd if anyone wants, the link has a limit of only 10 downloads (rapidshare)

you will need a proggy called damn nfo viewer to read the "read-me" file showing you how to install

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Office-tools/...FO-Viewer.shtml

(,its quite easy,just copy the 2 c r a c k files into the program folder and bobs yr uncle

and of course winrar to unzip it

http://rapidshare.com/files/301512542/VSO....193-TE.rar.html

Good tip, CupidStunt.

Here is another one, my favourite encoder/decoder: Super

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

A handy piece of software for any media-muppet like myself. ;)

I think you are downloading from my pc at the minute cos I got a Norway flag next to one of my uploaders. It says you got 25.4% so far. You should have the lot by 1am at the latest by my calculations :D Probably have it by 9.30pm cos I just looked again and it now on 29.0

I think you are downloading from my pc at the minute cos I got a Norway flag next to one of my uploaders. It says you got 25.4% so far. You should have the lot by 1am at the latest by my calculations :D Probably have it by 9.30pm cos I just looked again and it now on 29.0

Yup, that is quite likely me. I see another Norwegian seeder in the list as well, assuming that is Vålerenga. ;) Got downspeed on around 300kbit/s now so this is nice.

I believe that with sky they regularly change my IP address, certainly I get messages saying it's I'm being reconnected.

Dont get your PC's IP mixed up with you internet IP. What you are trying to do is tell your router when this program, on this computer (IP address needed) connects to the internet, this port must be open. Nothing to do with your sky IP.

Dont get your PC's IP mixed up with you internet IP. What you are trying to do is tell your router when this program, on this computer (IP address needed) connects to the internet, this port must be open. Nothing to do with your sky IP.

Ok.

I've just downloaded some automatic portforward software but had to give up because I don't know the specific sagem router I've got from sky, there's no reference number on it.

It seems to be working ok now any way with 0(6)seeds 1(5) peers and uploading at 40kbs.

I've decided to leave well alone as I don't want mess up my pc and I'm working blind as I haven't got a clue what I'm doing or what the settings should be.

People have obviously been able to download it from me as I was the original source so something must be working even if it's slow.

Thumbs up for torrent! Bad part is I can't connect to the tracker, DHT or not. I disabled peerguardian as well, since I try to establish a little "self preservations".

if all else fails, i have the full thing :thumbup:

If anyone else ever wants this game post in this thread cos I've turned mine off now and I'll start it up again if needed. It says there is 1 seed but they never seem to connect to my pc anymore so I've decided to press stop.

Will leave it there though ready to go if needed for a few months :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Aye, I agree, seedboxes are for the more hardcore uploaders IMO, and they do cost a bit per month, but are very fast indeed

I used to be a serial uploader on a big private tracker site and have uploaded a fair few TB's in my time, you really need access to the "Goodies" on the servers (a place where all the "scene release groups" put their stuff first) that the average uploader/downloader doesnt have access to, but the only way normally to achieve this is by becoming a staff member like i was on a unamed private torrent site.

Best bet if you have an unlimited download limit,and are worried about ratios etc, is to use newsgroups

some ISP provide free limited access like BT for e.g

failing that,astraweb is one i used to use ($39 per 3 month)

subscribing to these will MAX out your line everytime,providing your ISP doesnt throttle the bandwidth, and theres access to all the stuff you can get fom torrent sites, and most of it is released slighty earlier.

I used to load mine up overnight,and download 10's of GB's per night sometimes

http://www.astraweb.com/

quite easy to set up, you just need a client like newsbin pro, pay your subs

@Leicfox, how much you paying if you dont mind me asking?

@Hairy - Revolution TT, IP Torrents (Love this site) & Tv Torrents.Ro are the main one's i use these days. I have invites for them all if you wanna trade??

Just signed up to Dime.

I was on Torrent Leech, Torrent Bytes, Torrent Damage & Blackcat Games, but let the accounts expire as i was'nt using them

@Cupid - I only payed £6 from here http://seedbox.me/ on the Orange package so i could test it out and see if i liked it. I will probably upgrade for next month as the 10gb space is not enough and takes abit of management. Overall ive been very pleased with the service for the amount i payed, everything is explained in simple terms and everything is set up for you.

Archived