Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Torrents

Over halfway there now :D

Downloaded 540MB and Uploaded 400MB. Couple more hours and should have it. Crackerjack

I want to know who these folk in the USA are. Must be off FT. One of them's got the whole thing already

They're not from the USA. uTorrent decides which country a peer is from by the suffix of their ISP's nameserver URL, not their IP address, so any UK ISP's nameserver that ends in .com will come up as American, those who use .uk will show as the UK.

I've got it 100% now, so I'll be seeding overnight and hopefully all day Sunday and beyond.

That ntl cable one was probably me. For the first time in about ten years my network switch had 'issues' overnight, I've come downstairs this morning expecting to be able to watch the game and instead I've got 18% and had to restart my network twice before I could even get a web connection back to ft. What a nightmare.

Still, at least it means I'm getting 42Kbits now, and there are seeders as well as peers showing. Nice. Keep those torrent clients open, guys.

Should someone announce in the post-match thread that the torrent is available?

Apparently I have no seeds and no peers for this, and cannot connect to the tracker even though it has tried 15 times. No problem with downloading any other torrents, nor seeding them afterwards. What's the deal?

We're working on very small margins here. If what you're used to downloading is popular stuff, eg movies, then you're usually working in the realms of thousands of peers and at least dozens of seeders. Last night we had five peers and only one seeder, davieG. Each one would have limited scope for uploading connections, 'cos DSL and cable are stingy with upload bandwidth to maximise downloads. What we really need is someone to have it on a torrent client on a decent workplace network... :whistle:

Try again this morning now a few more people have the whole file.

Mine is up and now seeded, there's another seed - but two out of the four of us aren't seeding.

This'll only work if we all seed at the start, girls. Deleting it off as soon as you've downloaded pisses on everyone's chips.

I'll leave this on today while I'm off to Wales.

Mine is up and now seeded, there's another seed - but two out of the four of us aren't seeding.

This'll only work if we all seed at the start, girls. Deleting it off as soon as you've downloaded pisses on everyone's chips.

I'll leave this on today while I'm off to Wales.

What is the quality like?

Got it. Seeding. Loving it. Thanks Davie for all your hard work getting it done. :thumbup:

Glad it finally came through, it was a bit like hard work - I think I'm reaching the point where my age/ability to understand the level of technology is about to crash :P

Glad it finally came through, it was a bit like hard work - I think I'm reaching the point where my age/ability to understand the level of technology is about to crash :P

How secure is your pc when it's got this torrent open - can people upload ordinary documents or passwords saved in the browsers?

I got the one from the qpr site in 10 minutes and joined them... the first half commentary is in Arabic but the second is in english. I think there is some of the game missing though, about 7 minutes first half and the same in the second.

How secure is your pc when it's got this torrent open - can people upload ordinary documents or passwords saved in the browsers?

No. Absolutely not - at least, not because of having a torrent open. The torrent client only offers chunks of the files as controlled by the .torrent file you uploaded to the web. So all we can get is the one file. You're no more at risk than you would be when using the internet for any other reason. If you've got a decent firewall then you're safe as houses.

I got the one from the qpr site in 10 minutes and joined them... the first half commentary is in Arabic but the second is in english. I think there is some of the game missing though, about 7 minutes first half and the same in the second.

Someone should tell them about Davie's torrent - the more people downloading it the better.

We're working on very small margins here. If what you're used to downloading is popular stuff, eg movies, then you're usually working in the realms of thousands of peers and at least dozens of seeders. Last night we had five peers and only one seeder, davieG. Each one would have limited scope for uploading connections, 'cos DSL and cable are stingy with upload bandwidth to maximise downloads. What we really need is someone to have it on a torrent client on a decent workplace network... :whistle:

Try again this morning now a few more people have the whole file.

Given it another go, but stuck at the same hurdle.. Plenty of attempts to connect, none successful. Beginning to think that I was only destined to see this game just the one time. :cry:

If someone could do a screen shot of me, LD3 ec. clapping fryatt off and also few of Fryatt after the goal running in front of the fans I'd love you.

Torrent tisn't working for me unforunatly.

ld3x.gif

do you mean this?

Nice one DG. Unfortunately I have no seeds, is anyone still seeding?

i'm down to 3 seeds now, and have 40%, but i have to go out, but i'm usually online all day and will put it back on later, so i'll leave it on my PC for a few days...

do you have to have bittorrent running for it to become available, i'm guessing: yes.

Archived