Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam

If Levein Left

If Levein left this week(say he resigned or something!) who would you want in charge?

Id go for Brian Little and Dion Dublin. We need someone who is interested in Leicester. When you look at craig he doesnt look interested!

If Levein left this week(say he resigned or something!) who would you want in charge?

Id go for Brian Little and Dion Dublin. We need someone who is interested in Leicester. When you look at craig he doesnt look interested!

I wouldn't want it to happen but if I could make the choice I'd go for Ian Holloway.

HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE

How HORRIBLE is that choice? HORRIBLE

its better than we have now!

Why's that then? Little is a cnut and Dublin is a wannabe blagger. They'd be shocking, Little isn't good enough to manage at this level or higher any longer.

Levein might be sending us on a round-a-bout but I like some of his ideas. If he went, you can wave goodbye to Stearman, Wesolowski, Sheehan and Chambers. There aren't many managers who are brave enought o play the youngsters these days, if you want a bunch of journeymen on one year deals then fine get your LEVEIN OUT banners but I guarantee there aren't many managers out there who will come in and get this club stable enough to take us back to the premiership. It won't happen.

Why's that then? Little is a cnut and Dublin is a wannabe blagger. They'd be shocking, Little isn't good enough to manage at this level or higher any longer.

Levein might be sending us on a round-a-bout but I like some of his ideas. If he went, you can wave goodbye to Stearman, Wesolowski, Sheehan and Chambers. There aren't many managers who are brave enought o play the youngsters these days, if you want a bunch of journeymen on one year deals then fine get your LEVEIN OUT banners but I guarantee there aren't many managers out there who will come in and get this club stable enough to take us back to the premiership. It won't happen.

now we have journey men on 3 year deals that we havnt got a chance of selling!

now we have journey men on 3 year deals that we havnt got a chance of selling!

Stephen Hughes, Paddy McCarthy, Patrick Gerrbrand, Nils-Eric Johansson, Elvis Hammond, Iain Hume and Alan Maybury.

They are all Craig Levein signings and could all be sold for a fee aswell. All these players were signed under the noses of other teams.

Sunderland and Man City both wanted Hughes in the summer rumoured to be for around £750,000 - 1 million.

Paddy McCarthy was nearly signed by Sunderland just before we got him, Mick McCarthy was upset he didn't land him. Derby also were interested in him. There are plenty of admirers of Paddy especially now he's on the fringes of the ROI squad.

Patrick Gerrbrand was also wanted by Wolfsburg and is regarded as one of Sweden's best young defenders.

Nissa could be shipped out for a nominal fee very easily, plenty of clubs were after him.

I don't know of any interest in Elvis before we signed him, but he's certainly not unsellable.

Iain Hume had alot of clubs after him and Preston tried to sign him on transfer deadline day but we got him instead. Sheffield Wednesday also had a £500,000 bid accepted for him in the summer.

Alan Maybury was linked to Wigan and Sunderland this summer and as an Irish International there would be plenty of takers for a decent fee.

Hardly unsellable journeymen like Gemmill, Blake, Benjamin, Dabizas, Pressman, Gillespie, Makin, etc were/are.

Stephen Hughes, Paddy McCarthy, Patrick Gerrbrand, Nils-Eric Johansson, Elvis Hammond, Iain Hume and Alan Maybury.

They are all Craig Levein signings and could all be sold for a fee aswell. All these players were signed under the noses of other teams.

Sunderland and Man City both wanted Hughes in the summer rumoured to be for around £750,000 - 1 million.

Paddy McCarthy was nearly signed by Sunderland just before we got him, Mick McCarthy was upset he didn't land him. Derby also were interested in him. There are plenty of admirers of Paddy especially now he's on the fringes of the ROI squad.

Patrick Gerrbrand was also wanted by Wolfsburg and is regarded as one of Sweden's best young defenders.

Nissa could be shipped out for a nominal fee very easily, plenty of clubs were after him.

I don't know of any interest in Elvis before we signed him, but he's certainly not unsellable.

Iain Hume had alot of clubs after him and Preston tried to sign him on transfer deadline day but we got him instead. Sheffield Wednesday also had a £500,000 bid accepted for him in the summer.

Alan Maybury was linked to Wigan and Sunderland this summer and as an Irish International there would be plenty of takers for a decent fee.

Hardly unsellable journeymen like Gemmill, Blake, Benjamin, Dabizas, Pressman, Gillespie, Makin, etc were/are.

its easy to write all that but i cant see any club buyin elvis hammond. scored 1 goal in 5 years. he must be attracting the attention of everyone!

Nissa is terrible and you would have to release him same as De Vries. who would pay money for him(Except for us!)

i agree maybury,hughes and mccarthy are sellable but thats all!

what about players like sylla, douglas or kisnorbo?

Thats all well and good but that was sellable before we got our hands on them - how much realistically do you think we can get for these players now!

Why not add Peter Taylor and Steve Walsh to that list?

Frankly it seems clear that the problem we have is playing at home and not the manager - neither Levein nor Adams have been able to crack our home hoodoo. The one common denominator in this is our fans or supposed fans that make the players uneasy at playing at the Walkers.

Frankly it seems clear that the problem we have is playing at home and not the manager - neither Levein nor Adams have been able to crack our home hoodoo. The one common denominator in this is our fans or supposed fans that make the players uneasy at playing at the Walkers.

what about playing away aswell? 1 win in 10 months remember!

100% agree. Listen to the man!

its easy to write all that but i cant see any club buyin elvis hammond. scored 1 goal in 5 years. he must be attracting the attention of everyone!

Nissa is terrible and you would have to release him same as De Vries. who would pay money for him(Except for us!)

i agree maybury,hughes and mccarthy are sellable but thats all!

what about players like sylla, douglas or kisnorbo?

All I was trying to say was that for the first time this millenium we have a numbers of players that we could actually command a fee for. Stearman, Wesolowski and Chambers will also add up to a few million in a couple of years. We do still have some duffers and the thought of them being here for 3 years is horrible, but there are other mugs out there that would take them off our hands.

Make them uneasy what do you want us to do look away when they attempt to shoot so not to put them off :mellow:

To be fair we didn't have this problem in 2002/03 under Adams. I don't think it's all down to the fans, it's the fact we haven't got the minerals to succeed in this league.

what about playing away aswell? 1 win in 10 months remember!

Our away form isn't actually that bad - we've had a considerable number of draws. If you win your home games and don't lose away that's championship form.

Furthermore, if we won more at home then we have more confidence going away from home and the likelihood is that we would have had more away victories in the past 10 months.

Our away form isn't actually that bad - we've had a considerable number of draws.

christ, really! maybe it would be ok ish if we were playing in the top division but we play average teams each week. draws are not good enough in this league

Its amazing how one game can turn a manager from hero to zero. If we had won last night their would have been a thread on making sure we keep CL!!!

Why we played so bad last night I’ll never know, but the only thing I can think of it is like in Tennis, you don't break an opponent until you've held your following serve and you will see it time after time, a player will break another player, be on cloud 9 and before they know it there back at square 1 being broke themselves. The good players are mentally strong so they iron this out of their game. I'm afraid our team seems unable to concentrate.

Now our next game is Cov, In away I’m glad its Cov cause anyone else and I honestly think for about the first time in my history, I wouldn't give a shite if we won, lost or draw. Because it is Cov, I'm going to be looking forward to seeing MA squirm.

I think it was davieg who had that pattern of our results, and if I’m not mistaken we are following it to a tee. If it carries on like this we’re going to end up mid-table, and before we know it, that’s what we're use to and expect. I think the best thing we can hope for now is a win against cov and then win our next game, that’s the only way in my eyes that I will be satisfied as a LCFC supporter. (a little cup run would be nice to) If we were to lose against Cov I honestly think CL needs reviewing

To be fair we didn't have this problem in 2002/03 under Adams. I don't think it's all down to the fans, it's the fact we haven't got the minerals to succeed in this league.

I think the main problem is the expectation the fans have - we're not a big club but many of our fans think we have a god given right to be challenging at the top. What they don't realise is that it takes patience to achieve success. Under O'Neill we were lucky to have possibly one of the best managers in the world and money.

Currently we have good manager and no money - things might take a little longer.

Archived