Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
adam

If Levein Left

Everyone boo's Hume though, poor midget.

Hume tried like hell to prise an opening in the short time he was on - engineering four or five right side breaks which led to crosses, corners etc. It doesn't help that a good player gets a cameo role or that people forever feed him aerial passes. Did you notice Burnley in the secondhalf. Fast, simple passing to feet. And tight marking right up the field.

I Know it may not improve his game or confidence! But the only thing i don't like is how he can't even win a header in the Air!!

Look at Humeeeeeee! He won more headers than MDV at look at he's height!!!

Being tall doesn't necessarily mean you'll be good in the air.

I Know it may not improve his game or confidence! But the only thing i don't like is how he can't even win a header in the Air!!

Look at Humeeeeeee! He won more headers than MDV at look at he's height!!!

Mark de Vries can't head a ball! WE ALL KNOW THAT! It doesn't matter. That's not his game. We need to pass the ball to his feet or his chest. He can then turn and run and pass the ball through to Elvis or Hume or out wide to Sylla etc. de Vries is the only striker that can score at the moment. He would have scored the chance that Elvis had. Elvis missed. Why aren't people booing him? They shouldn't, but i'm surprised people aren't.

I just can't see things improving. Doesn't matter how good a manager is at signing players and reducing the age of the squad if he is completely inept tactically. He is out of his depth. MA wasn't any better either. I don't know what's the way forward but I just don't see that CL is going to learn from the mistakes he repeatedly makes.

Being tall doesn't necessarily mean you'll be good in the air.

I know, but de Vries actually gets smaller in height when he tries to head the ball. He defies science. Why the players knock the ball high up to de Vries is beyond me. If Levein tells them to do this then he needs shooting, if he doesn't then he should fine his players for disobeying his orders, simple.

I know, but de Vries actually gets smaller in height when he tries to head the ball. He defies science. Why the players knock the ball high up to de Vries is beyond me. If Levein tells them to do this then he needs shooting, if he doesn't then he should fine his players for disobeying his orders, simple.

I agree. Well not with shooting Levein, that's a bit harsh, but i don't understand why they are hitting it up to de Vries. Just because he's tall people think he'll do a Brian Deane or Dion Dublin and nod it on. HE WON'T! He can run with the ball and pass it through brilliantly. I think it's the other player's fault that de Vries is getting booed. If the players whacked it up to Elvis all the time, he would get boos. We need to use de Vries properly

I had a dream last night that I met CL, I think it was at my school. :blink: He was really small. He looked disapppinted but relieved. I asked him "Have you resigned?!" and I can't remember what his reply was but he indicated that he'd been sacked. :cry:

If the midfield has failed to establish any control on the game, and isn't getting the service to the strikers then the only attacking outlet becomes hoofing the ball up to the strikers, and that is usually in the air. I don't think it's fair to blame the strikers for this, but I am Elvis' seeming inability to hit a barn door 10 paces away is starting to worry me, the fee we paid seems very high for a striker that has averaged less than one goal a season!

Simon

If the midfield has failed to establish any control on the game, and isn't getting the service to the strikers then the only attacking outlet becomes hoofing the ball up to the strikers, and that is usually in the air. I don't think it's fair to blame the strikers for this, but I am Elvis' seeming inability to hit a barn door 10 paces away is starting to worry me, the fee we paid seems very high for a striker that has averaged less than one goal a season!

Simon

:D That's true but not exactly fair. I'm sure he'll turn out to be good. I agree, i don't blame the strikers for not scoring many. I blame the players who should be creating those chances and making play happen. Just hoof it up and hope for the best is not what de Vries and Elvis want. They need passes to feet.

I would like someone to bring the passion back into the game at Leciester. Make sure every player gives it 100% every game for the club!! This will then get the fans going and we can then hopefully get somewhere!!

We need ambition, keep raising our game and play with a bit more bite. Make teams scared of us, we need to be and should be a threat in every game! The set of players are technically good enough, but they lack that cutting edge in there mental gameplay. They need passion, need to be driven and want to win. I saw this with Smith against Derby...he was passionate about every kick and challenge, somehting which has been non existent this season, and notibly under CL! I think he is doing a good job in terms of taking the club into a more stable situation and doing good things with the youth department but from what i have seen he seems to have taken the passion out the game, he struggles to grind out the results and is more focussed on the technical aspects. That isnt the only factor needed in english football. You need to be able to dig deep and get the victories even if you arent playing good football!

Archived