Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Xbox wanted

2 minutes ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

The original Xbox came out in 2002. The 2nd Xbox (Xbox 360) came out after that, and the current third generation is called the Xbox One, but everyone just calls it the Xbox

If you actually bought him an "Xbox" (the original one) it would be hilarious for everyone except the grandson because the games all look terrible by today's standards, the console was absolutely huge and the controller was about the size of a dustbin lid

fattycontroller.jpg

Man I forgot how utterly dogshit that controller was. What were they thinking? Can't think what I hated more, that, the N64 pad or Gamecube. The N64 and Gamecube were designed to give maximum pain to anyone who didn't have foetus fingers, the Xbox pad was just a massive lump of naff plastic with the buttons in the most unnatural positions. Terrible

:blink: Can't say I've ever used a more comfortable 2-handed controller than the Gamecube one.  For controllers in general though the prize has to go to the Wii nunchuk setup which allowed you to move your arms around and game in any position you liked, the switch does the same but the individual units don't fit my hands anywhere near as naturally... in fact I find myself preferring to play with them in the controller unit because it gives you better grip and doesn't dig into your hands when you try to press certain buttons.

7 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

:blink: Can't say I've ever used a more comfortable 2-handed controller than the Gamecube one.  For controllers in general though the prize has to go to the Wii nunchuk setup which allowed you to move your arms around and game in any position you liked, the switch does the same but the individual units don't fit my hands anywhere near as naturally... in fact I find myself preferring to play with them in the controller unit because it gives you better grip and doesn't dig into your hands when you try to press certain buttons.

Fair enough, I've got long fingers and the stalks on the Gamecube were horrible for me. I also found that the analogue sticks should have been set into the pad further as I had to crook my thumbs back to use them effectively

The Xbox 360 and One pad is the king for me, it's like they designed it for my hands. The fact they kept it the same for the One was the biggest reason I got a One over the the PS4 this generation too

That's not a slight on the Dual Shock, it was a massive innovator when it came out and is still the best currently made pad for fighting games, but the sticks and their positioning on the Xbox pads are spot on

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo

What? The N64 controller was an amazing controller. Fitted perfectly in your hand. In fact i'm sure I read somewhere it was voted the best controller ever made due to its versatility (I may have totally imagined that, ill try and find the article, was probably a poll of like 10 people lol).

I have always liked both the Xbox (360 onwards) and Playstation controllers. If I spend a long time on one then try another you think ughhh this feels horrible, then within 5 minutes you get used to it.

4 hours ago, kingcarr21 said:

What? The N64 controller was an amazing controller. Fitted perfectly in your hand. In fact i'm sure I read somewhere it was voted the best controller ever made due to its versatility (I may have totally imagined that, ill try and find the article, was probably a poll of like 10 people lol).

It was awful, the middle stalk was ridiculous. It was good that they were the first to add a stick but the design was terrible