Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Booing

1 hour ago, broughtonblue said:

Coincided with mendy coming on, draw your own conclusions ?

I thought when Mendy came on his passing around the and sideways was what we needed to do. Nothing wrong with keeping the ball when in a winning position and letting the opposition chase you and they will be tiring as well as being frustrated. Perfect tactics at that point.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Clarkielcfc said:

at 2-1 we were just knocking it about, taking the sting out of the game, it’s game management, side ways passing, going backwards, but keeping possession, nothing wrong with that at that time of the game. Yet people around me, groaning and shouting ‘forward ffs’ etc, so...had we rushed on forward to get a 3rd, got players forward, then got caught on the break, them same people whinging about us keeping the ball, would then be the ones, giving it the old ‘ffs, why didn’t we just keep it’. 

Some really need to start understanding how teams manage games sensibley.

Couldn't agree more. Keeping possession, running the clock down and frustrating the opposition (possibly into making a mistake) is all good game management when you are winning and in control of the game with 10-15 minutes to go.  When other teams start stroking the ball around and the opposition cant get a touch the "oles" go up from the crowd. When we do it there are boos. I understand that people have become frustrated of late when we did this all through the game with no cutting edge but some people need to get a basic grasp of tactics. There are times in a game when you need to bust a gut and "go for it" and others when you need to calm things down and snuff out the opposition.

• Like 2