Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Booing

18 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

It seems it but for all they know Schurrle may be carrying an injury. So soon after half time seems like an 'I'll see how I go' agreement. In fairness, Ranieris subs with us weren't bad. It all depends what he's got on the bench. If his sub strikers are anything like ours,  then not  very inspiring! 

I love the 'lets give the manager the benefit of the doubt' argument....

If football fans gave the benefit of the doubt to everything they watched a referees life would be much easier ?

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think it was memories of what’s gone by, I explained to the people I sit next to that there wouldn’t see too much difference in 2 days to which they agreed but it seems some don’t really agree. Every sideways Or backwards pass (mostly by mendy) was jeered, probably because people were nervy at the one goal lead and the chances they were having too though. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

1 minute ago, lcfcell said:

Just think our home form and the atmosphere at home has been so bad for so long it will take a while to improve, although I didn’t get the groans when we were trying to see the game out

I was thinking the same last night, so many times we've been silly with the ball and gave away goals that have lost us points. Last night, 2-1 up on about 75 mins there was a period where we were passing it around the middle of the park, keeping possession and not wasting it. Clever game management for me as it was frustrating Brighton.

However, as this went on there were a series of groans and moans from certain fans. We have to trust the boys a little more, we're in a winning position, I'd rather we were a bit more cautious and manage the game at this stage. A little bit more patience is required by all of us, especially with the new manager as we start to adapt our play etc. 

• Like 2

I actually thought the atmosphere was slightly better than it has been recently, despite a performance that wasn't really any different to many at home this past 6 months. It's depressing that a portion of fans find the idea of keeping possession, under any circumstances, as a bad thing. They must have loved it under Shakespeare where we struggled to make it to 3 consecutive passes before giving it away. Couldn't help but feel sympathy for puel as well when Stowell got a round of applause for taking off a gassed tielemans whilst he had taken dogs abuse a few days earlier for the exact same thing!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gubbins said:

I actually thought the atmosphere was slightly better than it has been recently, despite a performance that wasn't really any different to many at home this past 6 months. It's depressing that a portion of fans find the idea of keeping possession, under any circumstances, as a bad thing. They must have loved it under Shakespeare where we struggled to make it to 3 consecutive passes before giving it away. Couldn't help but feel sympathy for puel as well when Stowell got a round of applause for taking off a gassed tielemans whilst he had taken dogs abuse a few days earlier for the exact same thing!

Wasn't the round of applause surely for the player, not for the manager making the substitution?

1 hour ago, Swalshed said:

Wasn't expecting to hear booing from our fans last night. 2nd half late on. Can anyone explain whether this was this for the new manager, memory of the old manager, the interim manager, the players, or just out of habit?

The only booing I recall was when one of their players came over to take the corner instead of Knocky. Then Knockaert took it back and people cheered.

I guess its better than booing our own players... maybe? Seems bizarre.

30 minutes ago, mancunianfox said:

Wasn't the round of applause surely for the player, not for the manager making the substitution?

Yeah I didn't word that very well! But still there wasn't any booing or chants of 'you don't know what you're doing' for that decision last night and yet there was at the weekend which suggests it was down to personal dislike of Puel and less with the actual substitution.

Please let it stop.  The boo boys have got their way. We have a new regime.  Lets wipe the slate clean, see how the players respond to the new management and not judge by what has gone before.  Maybe Ghezzal, Nacho and one or two others will be re-invigorated or improved.  We will only ever really know if we give them the chance.

We should be 100% behind anyone who crosses that line wearing the badge

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I didn't notice any booing, but it didn't take long to get on their back which is actually pathetic.

I think our ugly fans actually enjoy it more than getting behind the lads.

I think it’s a culture thing mate, I honestly do, my old man is the same he LOVES moaning about Leicester and my grandad was the same and I just think it must be a generational thing. 

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Tielemans subbed off at the same time as the Palace game 

No booing

I think CP was unfairly criticised for that

Tielemans is still adjusting to the pace of the PL 

He was rightly subbed in both matches. He becomes quite sloppy and careless when he starts to tire.

CP was basically slaughtered for every decision! Even when we won!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

No booing

Absolutley, just before he was subbed on Saturday he was running back just in front of where I sit and massively dropped off his runner quite obviously blowing out. He had nothing left and came off. 

I noticed hardly any booing - there was a little moment of something when Nacho came on, but it wasn't the barrage of boos he has faced in the past - and then I suppose there was some of the usual the usual grumbling at timid passing or mistakes. 

I try not to do muchof that, because fundamentally I'm there to support the lads, but I think you have to accept that sort of moaning as part of the pantomime of the game. 

18 minutes ago, Xen said:

The only booing I recall was when one of their players came over to take the corner instead of Knocky. Then Knockaert took it back and people cheered.

I guess its better than booing our own players... maybe? Seems bizarre.

There were boos and groans in the last 10 when we were trying to keep the ball and were recycling it back in our own half a few times. To me it's good game management. Maddison and Mendy were doing this well and being rewarded by groans....

I guess we all see the game differently, but as Urbanfox and others have said, this is a young team and we need to give them all the encouragement we can. 

13 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

No booing

One obvious difference mate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Swalshed said:

There were boos and groans in the last 10 when we were trying to keep the ball and were recycling it back in our own half a few times. To me it's good game management. Maddison and Mendy were doing this well and being rewarded by groans....

I guess we all see the game differently, but as Urbanfox and others have said, this is a young team and we need to give them all the encouragement we can. 

I'd be well pissed off if I was a Brighton fan.

Knockaert, bless him, spent the game trying to appease the home fans.

at 2-1 we were just knocking it about, taking the sting out of the game, it’s game management, side ways passing, going backwards, but keeping possession, nothing wrong with that at that time of the game. Yet people around me, groaning and shouting ‘forward ffs’ etc, so...had we rushed on forward to get a 3rd, got players forward, then got caught on the break, them same people whinging about us keeping the ball, would then be the ones, giving it the old ‘ffs, why didn’t we just keep it’. 

Some really need to start understanding how teams manage games sensibley.

• Like 1