Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Booing

Boos 'are positive thing'

There were boos from sections of the King Power crowd at the end of the defeat to Manchester United.

Puel, ever the optimist, say these were a positive.

(Leicester Mercury)

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Bringing on a defender for an attacker when you are 2 nil down is a bit strange, especially when every point is vital. 

It seems it but for all they know Schurrle may be carrying an injury. So soon after half time seems like an 'I'll see how I go' agreement. In fairness, Ranieris subs with us weren't bad. It all depends what he's got on the bench. If his sub strikers are anything like ours,  then not  very inspiring! 

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It seems it but for all they know Schurrle may be carrying an injury. So soon after half time seems like an 'I'll see how I go' agreement. In fairness, Ranieris subs with us weren't bad. It all depends what he's got on the bench. If his sub strikers are anything like ours,  then not  very inspiring! 

We were 2-0 down away at Swansea in a vital game and he took Fuchs and Simpson off for Amartey and Chilwell. 

2 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

We were 2-0 down away at Swansea in a vital game and he took Fuchs and Simpson off for Amartey and Chilwell. 

And in our winning season I thought most of his substitutions were exceptional including sometimes double substitutions at half time. No manager gets it right all of the time, and we never know the rationale behind them but, for the most part I thought he was very good. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, That_Dude said:

So they're as daft as ours?

No.  Ours are way worse.  Fulham are 2nd bottom and nailed on for relegation.

At least they have something to complain about and they weren't booing their own player onto the pitch,.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

No.  Ours are way worse.  Fulham are 2nd bottom and nailed on for relegation.

At least they have something to complain about and they weren't booing their own player onto the pitch,.

2 wins at home since September and they wasn’t booing the player they were booing the decision to take Maddison off! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

They were booing about Ghezzal coming on just as much, Mike Stowell even felt the need to give him a reassuring pat on the shoulder - https://dump.video/DXv7ps

You can even hear the boos get louder as his name is called out and he jogs on

If they were booing him then that is disgusting! they should have just chanted you don't know what you are doing tbf 

25 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

2 wins at home since September and they wasn’t (weren't) booing the player they were booing the decision to take Maddison off! 

Yeah, right.  Try and excuse them if you must.  

Even if you're right, (you're not), but isn't booing the decision pretty much the same thing as booing the player on?

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Yeah, right.  Try and excuse them if you must.  

Even if you're right, (you're not), but isn't booing the decision pretty much the same thing as booing the player on?

no it's not the same, if he had taken Gray off instead then it wouldn't have happened IMO

15 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

I don’t boo but it’s the only way you’ll ever let the owners know how you feel. Keep booing Puel will be out simple as that if the result don’t change.

You really think they listen to booing and think 'how stupid we are?' 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think I'd rather not know what Top really thinks of us.  

There is an extra layer of annoying on top of the original insult IMO, in that Leicester all fans might get lumped together and be perceived as a single entity which includes all of us.  Guilt by association.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Christ that is cringeworthy.

It's all one big vicious cycle for me at the minute. I just cannot wait for this season to be over. Shouldn't feel like this in February mind.

Agreed, think we need to get the required points to survive asap then close the season out.

Concern for me is how long this divisive nature will hang around the place when Puel goes. I don't think a change of manager will solve everything and we could well be having similar discussions next season.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I do yes if people constantly boo like they are starting to then he won’t be here much longer. I don’t boo so I’m not really arsed, just my opinion on it.

I’m always a bit torn on this.

We all know the fame and fortune that comes with Premiership football. The material rewards, the media publicity, the hero worship in some cases.

And football isn’t cheap. How much is a ticket to get into the KP this season? 40 quid and up?

Other than showing displeasure at games, how can the ‘consumer’ of football let the manager, the players, the club know how they are feeling?

If we go to the cinema and watch a crap movie, we’ll tell people and won’t go again. But football fans don’t do this. Typically, we go to watch our team week-in, week-out. And let’s be honest, City fans have had to endure some awful home games this season.

That said, I don’t boo at games (other than at the opposition). Like many, I guess, I get angry and frustrated and shout with the best of em. But booing is counter productive at the time it’s done. It can’t help a situation, however frustrating it might be.

Forums like this help actually. It gives us the opportunity to vent our spleens when we feel we need to. I don’t agree with other posters who feel we can’t criticise on a forum like this. Of course we can! It’s probably the most appropriate place to do so.

The thing that gets my goat is when ‘fans’ start to boo a player who’s literally just coming onto the pitch... God knows what that’s meant to do, other than to make the player feel completely underwhelmed right from the off.

• Like 1

We're no different to any other club. Every club just thinks they're the worst.

Go through fans of most clubs on Twitter that aren't top of their league and you'll find stuff like the below. 

And Arsenal won yesterday.

Edited by Stevosevic