Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Booing

What next after booing? Maybe a protest as per the WHU fans against the dildo brothers, for some reason it reminds me of that awful last home game of the season large scale insult to Vichai by walking out before the season end "presentations". Lets get back to "the dream" and support the longer term team structure that is currently being worked on.

• Like 1

Still shocked that we have to discuss people over the age of 12 booing. I'm amazed people can actually shout "booooo" without laughing at themselves.

To the people that shout "booooo" at the football, do you do it anywhere else? Pantomimes excepted as it's encouraged there. Pull into the petrol station and it's gone up 2p a litre, do you start booing the staff behind the counter, or just the petrol station in general. Walking through the supermarket and 2 old women are having a chat and holding you up, do you start booing at them?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Just effing lol. 

You and anyone alike are out of touch, if you fail to understand how such a primitive and counter-productive behavior can affect a player. It doesn't matter if isn't directed at him. Booing means you don't think the player is good enough to have a positive impact on the game. He feels that and that shoots his confidence down as well the team's.

People going such a mental gymnastic to downplay the booing is baffling beyond limits.

To me, your argumentation reeks a bit of snobbery.

Football is in essence about tribalism, a game for the masses. You can't prevent people from voicing their opinion. It's an immediate reaction to the happenings on the spot. It's spontaneous, not planned. And you can't call booing "counter-productive" until it's effectively influenced the players on the pitch. Even then, its effect is questionable. There are no studies on that matter (would make for an interesting read, though).

Why trying to make excuses for footballers who earn more than the regular Joe can ever imagine, who are pretty much used to booing home and away and certainly understand where people/fans are coming from, in our case given the dull, ineffective football on show, our recent form, four home wins in four months and the striking resemblances to last season and Puel's reign at Southampton?

It's not as if they're being haunted by the echo in their sleep or having suicidal tendencies because of it. Give me a break.

Our players are old enough to stand up for themselves, mature enough to be able to produce the goods on the pitch themselves.

As already mentioned by others and myself before, you can certainly acknowledge that the negativity isn't there at the KP from the start. There's tons of goodwill with every new (home) game, it's a clean slate pretty much every two weeks.

It only turns more sour and sour once we concede early (which we do way too often), the starting XI fail to reply accordingly or the subs are either odd or can't help change the course of the game. The players and the manager are the ones to address that, and so far, they've failed rather miserably at that.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 3

Atmosphere does play a big role in the way the team plays and reacts to situations, it doesn't help with us going 1 goal down though as it does dampen the crowd.

It seems to be a regular occurrence at the minute go a goal down, fans lose patience, sign a song or two half heartily, sigh and grown at every miss placed pass from there favourite scapegoats, boo at the managers decisions, shout shoot when a player is 40 yards out with a man in front of him etc.. 

The good Atmosphere we was known for has well and truly turned to shit

I've decided to boo all my students who are on the verge of failing their degrees and wasting 3 years of their lives, I'm sure that'll motivate them to pass.

3 minutes ago, FIF said:

I've decided to boo all my students who are on the verge of failing their degrees and wasting 3 years of their lives, I'm sure that'll motivate them to pass.

Or motivate them to smack you in the mouth. What i mean by that is there's two sorts of people/players. Ones that respond to an arm round the shoulder, and ones that respond with anger and more determination. It's a well known ploy that managers use.

Edited by yorkie1999
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Skip to 7:11 for the free kick, and let me just say that free kick was a beauty. Ghezzal is one player who I feel will come good for us over time. Maybe not this season but maybe next season. If only the fans would get off his back and stop booing him and comparing him to Mahrez.

They weren't booing him, they were booing the substitution as a whole. Maddison was having a good game and we were growing into it, Ghezzal could have been brought on in place of Mendy to impose more attacking intent.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

They weren't booing him, they were booing the substitution as a whole. Maddison was having a good game and we were growing into it, Ghezzal could have been brought on in place of Mendy to impose more attacking intent.

That game was tight to be fair.  We could have easily got a goal back and then might have been  more vulnerable to concede again losing that defensive cover

Not saying it was definitely the right thing to do, mabe Puel could have thrown a bit more caution to the wind.  But I can see why he made the sub he did

39 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Still shocked that we have to discuss people over the age of 12 booing. I'm amazed people can actually shout "booooo" without laughing at themselves.

To the people that shout "booooo" at the football, do you do it anywhere else? Pantomimes excepted as it's encouraged there. Pull into the petrol station and it's gone up 2p a litre, do you start booing the staff behind the counter, or just the petrol station in general. Walking through the supermarket and 2 old women are having a chat and holding you up, do you start booing at them?

I know you were being serious here but the mental images this put in my head made me laugh out loud mate. Well done!!!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Rusko187 said:

While I don't doubt that some were booing for Maddison being taken off, those boos got a LOT louder around me when they realised it was Ghezzal coming on. There was a plethora of comments being made about the "useless Mahrez wannabe" and the "stupid frog" who was bringing him on. It's needless vitriol for a player whos only crimes are having a few ineffective games early on, and sharing a nationality/position with Mahrez.

Regardless of the collective intention, from Ghezzal's point of view 20k+ Leicester fans started booing as soon as he was about to be involved. And then he still went out there, gave his all, and was a world class save away from giving us at least a draw.

• Like 3

On 03/02/2019 at 22:07, RumbleFox said:

I genuinely can't understand the mentality of booing.  I mean, I genuinely cannot imagine, as an adult, standing in the crowd and booing.  I always think, in any circumstance, one should imagine what one looks like.  Imagine seeing yourself, lips pursed, face red and making a "boo" noise with your mouth because you are unhappy at a substitution in a game of football?  I am not trying to slag anyone off here, if people want to boo I can't really tell them they are wrong but as much as I have tried (I like to try and see things from other people's point of view) I just can't imagine doing it and being able to look myself in the mirror afterwards.  Maybe I just don't get it?  

X

I took that over from my father,who never understood from the "60 s". The booing of the opposition,or own players...

It's just an entitled egoistic characteristic that slipped in..just like "mobbing".   ....It's not just young teens,but the older generation too!!

and 2018,in a more understanding society.....don't make me laugh!!  A virus through all levels of society.!!

47 minutes ago, FIF said:

Are you the supporter/customer here or the boss? I would love to see Puel start to boo the players. Wonder what Vardy would say to him then? Who's he boo'ing the fcukin nobhead.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Xen said:

While I don't doubt that some were booing for Maddison being taken off, those boos got a LOT louder around me when they realised it was Ghezzal coming on. There was a plethora of comments being made about the "useless Mahrez wannabe" and the "stupid frog" who was bringing him on. It's needless vitriol for a player whos only crimes are having a few ineffective games early on, and sharing a nationality/position with Mahrez.

Regardless of the collective intention, from Ghezzal's point of view 20k+ Leicester fans started booing as soon as he was about to be involved. And then he still went out there, gave his all, and was a world class save away from giving us at least a draw.

When was the last time you're away the home crowd have directly booed one of their own players? I've been a season ticket holder for many years and cannot think of an occasion. That boo was at the decision, I can't speak for everyone and sadly yes we do have people who will directly insult him but he wasn't booed every time he touched the ball.

There is a problem with us playing 2 defensive midfielders, it's clear as day to see and yet Puel is absolutely sticking with this system... this is why fans were booing. Again I don't boo, it's counter intuitive and unnecessary but he's refusing to change his ways and frankly fans are fed up.

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

Football is in essence about tribalism, a game for the masses. You can't prevent people from voicing their opinion. It's an immediate reaction to the happenings on the spot. It's spontaneous, not planned. And you can't call booing "counter-productive" until it's effectively influenced the players on the pitch. Even then, its effect is questionable. There are no studies on that matter (would make for an interesting read, though).

Why trying to make excuses for footballers who earn more than the regular Joe can ever imagine, who are pretty much used to booing home and away and certainly understand where people/fans are coming from, in our case given the dull, ineffective football on show, our recent form, four home wins in four months and the striking resemblances to last season and Puel's reign at Southampton?

It's not as if they're being haunted by the echo in their sleep or having suicidal tendencies because of it. Give me a break.

Our players are old enough to stand up for themselves, mature enough to be able to produce the goods on the pitch themselves.

As already mentioned by others and myself before, you can certainly acknowledge that the negativity isn't there at the KP from the start. There's tons of goodwill with every new (home) game, it's a clean slate pretty much every two weeks.

It only turns more sour and sour once we concede early (which we do way too often), the starting XI fail to reply accordingly or the subs are either odd or can't help change the course of the game. The players and the manager are the ones to address that, and so far, they've failed rather miserably at that.

Well personally I can only go by my first ever visit to the KP for the Cardiff City game after Christmas. And you're wrong judging by my experience for a game after excellent results against Chelsea and Man City. No goodwill around where I was sat despite that and aside from the Cardiff fans, the atmosphere was essentially like a morgue with quite a few supporters itching to have a go at players and Puel. My sons (Cardiff supporters) who bought me the ticket for Christmas and attended with me were embarrassed at that and having to say how crap the atmosphere was  - they did though. And Cardiff scored in added time so no early deficit to sour the atmosphere. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

I wouldn’t boo Nacho for example.

But he needs to give us something. A track back leading to a foul and a Trevor Brooking.

Something to warm us up and think he’s got fire in his belly and looks bothered.

Something...

I can’t recollect a player looking so not bothered since Beckford.

This is why the fans are fed up of him. At least if he looked like he was trying he’d be more accepted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MC Prussian said:

No offence but how do you know this? Have you started actually going to matches then?

:D

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Are you the supporter/customer here or the boss? I would love to see Puel start to boo the players. Wonder what Vardy would say to him then? Who's he boo'ing the fcukin nobhead.

I'd have thought that Puel has as much right to boo them as the fans but he wouldn't because he understands that it is not only morally wrong but bad for morale too.

btw I'm certainly not boss, I'm not employing them. I guess I could be customer (indirectly) in that I'm paid to help them but definitely supporter. Surely a booing supporter is at least an oxymoron if not both an oxymoron and a moron.

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

But he needs to give us something. A track back leading to a foul and a Trevor Brooking.

Something to warm us up and think he’s got fire in his belly and looks bothered.

Something...

This is why the fans are fed up of him. At least if he looked like he was trying he’d be more accepted.

It's certainly not going to help him i'd have thought, very few players seem to thrive off being criticised but then again people think they're justified in letting it be known how unhappy they are with things. I think most folk that get caught up in throwing abuse at games would after a period of reflection would agree it wouldn't have immediately helped, but this is what football does to some appearingly rational and sane adults.

14 minutes ago, FIF said:

I'd have thought that Puel has as much right to boo them as the fans but he wouldn't because he understands that it is not only morally wrong but bad for morale too.

btw I'm certainly not boss, I'm not employing them. I guess I could be customer (indirectly) in that I'm paid to help them but definitely supporter. Surely a booing supporter is at least an oxymoron if not both an oxymoron and a moron.

Publicly tearing in to employees/footballers/children i'd say on the whole would not result in a positive result. I would question why anybody would do it, but it often happens due to a person cracking under pressure or being pushed to breaking point. Likewise, I don't really see what good comes of say a disgruntled stranded passenger at an airport abusing an airline employee because all flights are grounded, but it is often frustration/desperation from emotional people. This happens in football a lot, it's very hard to explain why football means so much to people. I honestly don't think there is a single other sport in the world that evokes such passion and a lack of control as football does. The booing and abuse I can't believe is premeditated by most fans, yes there's the odd cretin who is seemingly carrying a vendetta that they'll voice at every given opportunity but from my experience and witnessing it or dare I admit it, being part of it myself is that it's the result of sheer frustration and the sad thing is if the players and manager hear most of it, it's hardly going to help but to simply surpress it would be like saying " it's only a game. Why do you care so much " That would usually result in even the most mild mannered of football fans telling the recipient to get fcuked so I understand the dirty side of anger from fans. I just hope we as a team and club can find a way to turn this repetitive problem we are having at home, it would be nice to take the lead in a game and see what that does for the encouragement of the lads and the atmosphere. Puel might be some way from having the crowd chant his name all game but the players are for the majority being caught in the cross fire right now. If they can create some spark, the fans will unite behind them. Taking the lead only twice all season is absolutely staggering, we're begging for something to get behind right now.

Came away from the game at the weekend extremely disheartened not by the performance of the team but by a number of our 'supporters.'

I think people often forget that footballers/managers, whilst living a privileged lifestyle, are human beings. Human beings respond best to praise and support, negativity breeds negativity. Booing isn't going to help anything and simply serves to make the situation worse. I understand the frustration in losing to a team like Cardiff at home, yes, we should be doing better in these games. The negativity shown towards what to me was a great effort and decent performance at the weekend against Man Utd was bizarre. We were undone by one error (from Ricardo who has been near faultless this season) and a piece of quality from a World Cup Winner and one of the best young talents in world football which was nothing to be ashamed of. Yes, we all know we need to improve our performance at the start of games.

Booing substitutions however helps no one, not the player coming on or the team in general. Testament to Ghezzal for coming on and performing as well as he did in the circumstances, I do believe he will offer more and more for us moving forward. 

It really is coming to something when one of our own players (Chilwell) has to come out in the press and basically beg fans for support. 

- We are 11th in the Premier League, 3 pts off 8th. 

- We give the most minutes to young players in the League 

- We have a core of unbelievable young English talent including two of our own in Chillwell & Hamza. 

- We have a great youth team. 

- We are currently building what is touted as the most advanced training ground in European football. 

- This season saw the club beset by enormous tragedy, the club including the players have had to deal with that all in the public eye. 

A section of our 'supporters' really need a reality check, get behind the lads and support them during what is an exciting time for our club. Booing and general negativity isn't helping anything. 

Edited by btswift94
Mistakes
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Something...

I made exactly the same comparison with Beckford on Sunday. He really does need something to fire him up because he looks like he's just going through the motions right now.

Aside from that I thought we played pretty well and I was more than happy with the performance for the most part.

Man U are a very good and strong side and they sat back after their goal and tried to catch us on the break. We are not at the same level of Man U and this was very clearly demonstrated by their subs being Martial and Lukaku to our Shinzi and Nacho, very clearly a gulf in quality there.

Despite all that though we made several good chances and I thought were unlucky not to score and get a point. Lots to be positive and excited about in my book.

Edited by Bablemikey

8 minutes ago, Bablemikey said:

I made exactly the same comparison with Beckford on Sunday. He really does need something to fire him up because he looks like he's just going through the motions right now.

I’ve seen bowel ‘motions’ move quicker..

:D

This is generally all fans want.. just to see a player giving it some.

Edited by Col city fan