Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SheppyFox

Booing

25 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

You are veering off the point again. This thread is about the current levels of support. You yourself acknowledge it's not good. 

''Spoilt supporter'', I can tell you haven't been a game for a while. Our support is absolutely awful - absolutely toxic and bordering on deluded. You support your club through the lows and highs. This squad needs that support more than ever - but once the dust was settle, come December its been forgotten by a huge percentage of our supporters.

Yeah our form is rubbish at the moment, it's hardly riveting football but the booing and atmosphere which this thread is focused on is absolutely vile down the stadium at the moment. The negativity is understandable against the likes of Southampton and Cardiff but then the negativity is shown on a generally decent performance where every opposition fan I have spoken to says the result was extremely harsh. The vast majority do not objectively view games. This Ghezzal/Iheanacho booing has happened countless occasions. Yesterday wasn't a one off. 

I do hope you're not taking this personal - I wasn't talking about you being "spoilt" or anything. I was talking about a certain fraction of LCFC fans - and the ones who didn't know us prior to the 2015/2016 season. I can easily do without them, I don't care about fairweather fans. They do not represent the true core of the support.

Again, I'm not sure the booing was aimed at Ghezzal initially. Moreso a reaction to taking Maddison off - which as far as I understand was a logical conclusion following him taking a knock in the first half. But at the moment, Puel is in a position where he can't do anything right - and then he doesn't. Some of the substitutions in general are questionable, so is his persistance with Ndidi and Mendy as two CDMs when it's clear that both are costing us dearly at times. And when you look at how frustrated Puel becomes on the sidelines whenever he notices the players aren't following his instructions, then there's an issue lying deeper than just the audience's reaction.

I suppose the main frustration stems from the fact that we've been served the same style of football, in particular at home, week after week after week. It's all just one big repeat.

Coupled with the fact that we concede early so often and are then forced to chase the game - which isn't really what a 4-3-2-1 does for you - then it adds to the overall negative and disappointing impression. We're often caught on the wrong foot and then make a mess of putting the ball into the opposing net.

You can't impose "no boos" laws on fans, it's a collective thing. And it indicates a deeper antipathy towards certain decisions or our overall setup.

Edited by MC Prussian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

Right on the money. As I said in another thread, we currently have the worst support in the league.

Forget the attendance, because away from home we take 2,500 mutes and at home it's 30,000 mutes that only pitch up any noise when there's something they don't like.

I'm embarrassed to support the same club as these degenerates that ****ing whinge and moan for 90 minutes. We were good value for a point yesterday against ****ing Man United and the crowd was acting like we were 0-3 down at home to Huddersfield. The reaction the Maddison sub was disgraceful and I even heard people booing at full-time after undeservedly losing 0-1 to Manchester United. 

Maybe give them stick when they look useless against Southampton and Cardiff (even though that's counter-productive), but booing when you're well in the game and playing pretty well at home to a side like United is nothing short of pathetic.

The whole aftermath of Vichai's death was bittersweet because it felt like we were brought together after a few months of division. People will do well to remember what happened in October and that we sold our best player in Mahrez.

If winning the league has ruined Leicester for you then **** off, because you're finished as a fan.

Excellent post. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Totally agree but..........Unless we're told differently, surely that's Puels fault? He's been here long enough to realise and correct that situation

Sadly we're not privy to the full facts of why Ulloa and Slimani were released in the summer and possibly at the time it was felt that our 25m wonder kid plus Okazaki was enough back updated for Vardy.  Puel did well in addressing the right back and number 10 deficiencies in his first real transfer aquisitions plus Ward and Ghezzal. I think the forward and Midfield problems will hopefully be addressed in the summer, possibly Tielermans if he comes good and he'll come. Plus we never know how much money is allotted at a time re such things.

4 hours ago, Babylon said:

I've said they aren't good going forward and I've not said it never happened. I'm saying that people are so bias against certain players it doesn't matter what's happening on the pitch, it's always said players fault. I heard Mendy get slated for the goal, despite Ricardo just passing it by him and then slated for not passing forward when there was zero forward options, I'm not saying it never happned just he complete bias against certain players is infuriating.

Probably because I never said that.

Totally agree on the first point. As for the second, I've found the post and the line of yours that I'm referring to was 'Yeah it's nothing to do with playing one of the biggest clubs in the country who've spent billions more than us. It's down to the preparation we didn't win. Utterly delusional.' To me that implies that you're saying 'don't blame Puel or his preparation for the slow start on this occasion' (that was what the poster you were responding to had said), but rather the quality of the opposition. If that's not what you meant, then I'm sorry for putting words in your mouth. If it was then my point stands that we're talking about multiple poor starts, rather than one in isolation, and not always against the biggest clubs. So, while I don't want to see Puel fired I still think that represents a wider problem. And, as with the other point about negative passing, Puel has acknowledged it as something he wants to address. So I'm merely agreeing with the manager that you, and myself, are sticking up for!

1 hour ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

As some posters have alluded to on other threads and this, my biggest concern with the negativity amongst elements of the supporters and particularly the booing and jeering is the effect it has on us as a club and how we are perceived.

During the Great Escape and then the PL title season, a key element was the vocal encouragement and support given to the team and everyone associated with the club. Outsiders saw a club that was as one and it made us an attractive proposition for players considering us and other avenues such as commercial input. Now what do they see and hear? 

The booing and general lack of vocal support is highly counterproductive and likely to deter the sort of players etc. we want to attract. You should support your team and players not destroy them and their confidence.

Was saying to a mate yesterday that the vocal encouragement in those seasons was probably worth between 5 and 10 goals a season. Surely people can overcome their personal dislikes of the manger and certain players, and at least see the benefit of backing the team while the game's going on?  If you then don't feel they've performed/managed to a standard reflecting the effort of your support, then by all means boo after 90 minutes.

Instead, what have we got? People streaming out in the last 10 minutes while we're pushing for an equaliser against fvcking Manchester United, and boos when our own players are brought on. Shame on us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

It's not only a moronic, disgraceful, childish attitude in the short term but it's also suicidal in the long term. If this keeps on, the club will rapidly build a reputation of having the worst crowd in the league. And it's certainly not only down to the new fans post (2016) like a strawmanning prussian expert want to us to believe. I'd say the glory hunters were gone as soon as the Champions League was over if not earlier and they're certainly not at the KP. I'm reading enough posts in this thread trying to justify the booing which come from people hanging aroung for quite a long time.

Why would any player come here when he knows that he'll be booed if he makes a mistake or even worse, when he's not even on the pitch? I can't remember home fans booing their own players before coming on or while narrowingly losing to one of the best teams in a league, and this during the game. It's insulting to human intelligence.

Anyone who even remotely condone this kind of attitude should have a long hard look at themselves.

Absolutely. Sorry no rep left. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, CslFox said:

Called freedom of speech, mate. People don't tell the blue-tinted specs brigade that rim Puel to give it a rest, so don't act all righteous if they express an opinion you don't like. Typical snowflake behaviour, championing freedom of expression unless it's something you don't like.

There were a lot of boos, it wasn't just a few dozen. Perhaps they're fed up with paying through the nose to watch overpaid, underskilled prima donnas churn out that garbage every couple of weeks.

We have some of the cheapest tickets in the league. Rightly or wrongly that's the price for watching PL football. If people aren't happy paying that price there are other football club's with cheaper prices. Relative to how much people pay we are performing well above the ticket price.

You can't say that because you pay 'x' amount you have the right to see the club be in a particular position in the league, play a certain style of football, be entertained, or simply boo the player's. If you applied the same logic to every football supporter in the country you'd end up in a situation whereby those paying the most are entitled to more success. There's plenty of teams below us whose fans pay more than the club charge ourselves yet you rarely hear them giving their player's and manager the level of abuse directed at ours. 

Furthermore, you can be certain that if the club said tomorrow that they were going to double the price of every ticket with a promise that they'd guarantee the league title every year with free flowing football, people would be up in arms at the prospect of being priced out despite this ideology that performances are in some way linked to the ticket price. Unfortunately you can't have it both ways. 

Edited by ian_marshall
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

I'll have my 2pence worth. Booing is negative and supporting is positive. Here's how it works. If the players are struggling and we get behind them, they start playing better. If their struggling and we boo, they play worse and, lose confidence coming into the next game. 

So, if you like booing the team go for it, but don't forget you are then partly to blame for the ongoing problem. If you really can't help yourself being negative, stay at home and watch it on the telly. You'd be doing us all a huge favour, most notably the team.

Up the foxes.

Amen

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheLittleBigMan said:

but don't forget you are then partly to blame for the ongoing problem. If you really can't help yourself being negative, stay at home and watch it on the telly. You'd be doing us all a huge favour, most notably the team.

Up the foxes.

Or be in the crowd - support your club, your origin and your love...then after the game pop back home or have a pint in the pub, just have a bit of moan. No need for the aggression. 

• Like 3

As a paying customer I am and we all are entitled to our own opinions. And that can take many forms. We will never all agree but because we have differing opinions it's not to say my take on it or your's is right. I doubt whether we'd being having this discussion if were based on a points system where 1 was diabolical/boring and worthy of booing and 10 was out of this world and par excellence.

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

Did feel a bit sorry for Ghazzal, its looked like Stowell had to tap his shoulder and say the booing wasnt directed at you as he waited to come on 

Agree, it must be horrendous to your confidence if you're boo'd onto the pitch! The lad does have quality but clearly zero confidence, that freekick was superbly struck and any other keeper and Id say that's a goal. Its a pack mentality but we need to cut it out and understand we are actually destroying our own players here! 

https://www.laacibnet.net/en/2019/02/03/watch-de-geas-save-on-ghezzals-free-kick-leicester-manchester-united/

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

As a paying customer I am and we all are entitled to our own opinions. And that can take many forms. We will never all agree but because we have differing opinions it's not to say my take on it or your's is right. I doubt whether we'd being having this discussion if were based on a points system where 1 was diabolical/boring and worthy of booing and 10 was out of this world and par excellence.

You're right. But booing isn't an opinion, it's a manifestation of anger and frustration that does nobody any good.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Filbert_Ross said:

No need to boo the player coming on though. ( not saying you did)

I didn't, but my take on the booing was for the decision and not the player ..... Why it came in two waves was almost the two halves of the decision ....

What! You're taking Maddison off?????

What!!!! You're replacing him with Ghezzal!!!!!

Similar to Raneiri’s last couple of games. Boo’s at half time & full time. Groaning from the crowd and disgusting abuse towards the manager with chants like ‘you don’t know what your doing’ ‘get out of my club’ and comments about the fact he’s Italian from the crowd. Sad, but we have history. 

Raneiri deserved to go but this has happened before. 

Edited by OhYesNdidi

There was no booing during the great escape season and we were praised for the atmosphere during the title win (for obvious reasons).  It's just the turgid, predictable style of football from our non charismatic manager that even our main talisman calls a "knob head".

10 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

The true core of the support is spoilt. I have been away ends this year what is full of folk who think that we should be top six contender or just consistently come out with random claptrap which isn't sensible and is deluded. Everything is 'shit', every player is a ****ing idiot and Puel's a twat. They are not true - in the context of the division, we are average, the players are inconsistent and the manager is stubborn. 

You've laid out a reasonable argument but you had folk in the ground bemoaning the lack of Albrighton (injured) and Tielemans (2 training sessions). I understand the frustration but I don't allow it to manifest into all out abuse. 

I can tell you the Ghezzal booing was directed to the player because I was surrounded by idiots what were already moaning and groaning as Ghezzal awaited to come on. The fact it involved Maddison coming off for me was irrelevant because the pitchforks were already out as he was awaiting. 

There are issues there but I ask myself what can I do to help the situation? And consistent abuse of our players isn't on the list. 

Bang on, a lot of our fans are absolute morons and some of the most fickle idiots I’ve ever come across in football. 

3 minutes ago, pazzerfox said:

There was no booing during the great escape season and we were praised for the atmosphere during the title win (for obvious reasons).  It's just the turgid, predictable style of football from our non charismatic manager that even our main talisman calls a "knob head".

Ea arr, got a live one.

So you don't remember Villa away, great escape season where we had fans physically fighting eachother over Pearson in the stands? The amount of fan pressure he shouldered which was not only being aimed at him but the players was extraordinary and he defelcted all of it with his media persona to eventually pull off the the Great Escape.

The Vardy mouthing off on camera incident is completely undefined and not unusual behaviour for Vards regardles of who it was at - there's no way to say if it was/wasn't at Puel but it's a huge stretch to say it was

14 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Ea arr, got a live one.

So you don't remember Villa away, great escape season where we had fans physically fighting eachother over Pearson in the stands? The amount of fan pressure he shouldered which was not only being aimed at him but the players was extraordinary and he defelcted all of it with his media persona to eventually pull off the the Great Escape.

The Vardy mouthing off on camera incident is completely undefined and not unusual behaviour for Vards regardles of who it was at - there's no way to say if it was/wasn't at Puel but it's a huge stretch to say it was

Both Villa away in the league and cup that season were toxic. Also remember fisty cuffs at Utd away as well. That period was utterly depressing. Especially Villa in the league. The away crowd that day seemed to be split in two; those supporting Pearson's FOAD comment and those baying for his blood.

Let's be honest, it's the same now. I'm so, so tired of it, of everything, of being in the stands at home and away matches. I'm beginning to detest the experience. I looked around me when Maddison came off and Ghezzal was booed on. Let's be honest, the vast majority the booing was for Ghezzal. Let's not pretend there wasn't a brief, audible uplift in the boo when his name was announced.

I admit it's hard work to watch us at the minute. We're predictable with such uninspiring attacking options on the bench and there's a genuine frustration with the regularity at which we're conceding early. However, as many people have said we have become an entitled bunch of whingers. The smallest misplaced pass is pounced upon, agendas and grudges against individual players seem to be kept, whilst others are untouchable.

Away games are equally as depressing, peaking at Wolves a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone, and I mean anyone seriously enjoy going to a Leicester game because of the people they end up being around at the minute. It's a toxic experience, and it's only going to get worse as time goes on. I mean it's like mardi gras if you're vehmently anti-Puel, but for hinged Leicester fans come on it's no fun.

Yep - I'm still going. No - I'm not going to hand over my ticket to you, the fan who "supposedly" can' get tickets to games because I don't enjoy it and yes, these things are very cyclical. Football support breeds on the success on the pitch. It always has done, at Filbert Street, at the KP and that'll never change. Our patience, though, has noticeably dropped since we won the league, and that perspective about our actual size and place in the PL really needs to be found again.

• Like 3