Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickfosse

Lee Congerton

8 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I understand this point, but I don’t really agree with it entirely. The other question is, is someone said you’ll win the FA cup, but in nine years face possible extinction, would it get the same response? 

Have we cut our nose off to spite our face? I’ve long said to the old man, one of these days a big club will get into a mess and end up folding…. Well, what if it that’s us? When you look at teams that have over extended their potential reach, when they’re not one of the big six, has ended in disaster…. Stoke, Portsmouth and Bolton are just a few examples. We’ve managed to achieve more than them, we’ve set the club up to financially compete behind the scenes with clubs thrice our size, we’ve ended up coming down, with that same budget…….  

As @Ric Flair and others have demonstrated over the last few weeks, this is just mind boggling, it’s suicidal, it’s potentially insanity….. the next nine games are now essentially must win for the existence of this club in my opinion, we’re one more disaster away from an empty king power, stadium……. That’s not an exaggeration, it’s a potential reality…..

So, if the worst was to happen, I really wouldn’t care about the League and FA cup wins, because they will mean nothing.

Im lost now, I don’t know what to think about the future, because the same people who drove this club into the ground, are expected to see us through what potentially going to be the roughest patch in the clubs history? Top should be accepting that he now can’t run this football club, under his stewardship it’s collapsing from the inside out, and the frightening thing is he seems oblivious to it all.

He needs to be restructuring his team, and bringing in better footballing people.  

But we're not facing possible extinction, are we?

Even if we were liquidated, we'd reform as Leicester Something and start from scratch again.   Clubs with 2,000 fans might be in trouble, but not a club with 30,000+ regulars.

If they bulldozed the KP, we'd either build a new ground (mostly terracing) or temporarily ground share with the Tigers.

tbh -  The years of goal music, clappers, forcing mobile tickets, lack of tickets on general sale, not even talking about safe standing when half of the clubs have already installed it, and numerous other gripes ... If we had to start again from scratch, it wouldn't actually bother me.  

And we'd still have our name engraved on the Trophy in 2016, as proof of one of the greatest sporting events in history.

• Thanks 1