Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nickfosse

Lee Congerton

22 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

They have been mates for a long time, they both started out at Chelsea coaching in the youth academy and have remained friends since.

I'm fairly sure Steve Walsh was also at Chelsea when Rodgers was there.

UPDATE: Yes, I've checked; Walsh was a Scout at Chelsea from 1990 to 2006; Rodgers was Youth Team Coach there, 2004 to 2008.  Both worked under Jose - and credit him as a bit of a Mentor - so have something in common ! 

Interestingly, Congerton joined Chelsea in 2005, as a Youth Team Coach and took on a Youth Scouting role when Walsh left. 

Edited by bald reynard

On 15/03/2019 at 10:10, Outfox the Fox said:

Sven Mislintat - ex-Arsenal Head of Recruitment - would be my choice.

Macia finally going on, "Friday" (don't know whether that's today, or next Fiday):-

https://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/rodgers-to-aid-hunt-for-new-recruitment-boss-37915878.html

That's a really good shout.

Just googled him and he was at Dortmund for years who have outperformed the transfer market. He's available and I'm sure he'd be interested in us. I think Arsenal are only moving him on because they're getting Monchi who is regarded as the best in the business. 

I really don't want Congerton as he's a proven failure. I don't want Walsh either as I think the time has passed him by and he was a disaster at Everton. He also was interested in Slimani and Musa and although he thought we overpaid and he never pulled the trigger they were his players of interest.

I certainly think it's above Rodgers pay grade to bring his mate in who has a terrible CV. 

• Like 1

Good article here on Sven Mislintat that hails him as a world class Head of Recruitment.

The guy is unemployed after leaving Arsenal last month. I'm a big believer in this is probably the most important man at a club and it's the one position you really need to get the best available whatever the cost.

If you're reading Top or Rudkin, gerrrimin.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-transfer-news-sven-mislintat-leaving-bayern-munich-wenger-emery-watch-video-latest-boardroom-a8729936.html

• Like 1

5 hours ago, turtmcfly said:

That's a very expensive experiment you're proposing for someone with his track record. 

Every new appointment for a club is an experiment, managers, players, DoFs... some are awful at certain clubs but find their fit in others. All I am saying is maybe we give the guy a chance before we utterly rip him to shreds.

13 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

Every new appointment for a club is an experiment, managers, players, DoFs... some are awful at certain clubs but find their fit in others. All I am saying is maybe we give the guy a chance before we utterly rip him to shreds.

Agree - Most would welcome back Steve Walsh as head of recruitment, yet he is poorly regarded on Merseyside.

9 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

The 'awful at certain clubs' implies useful at others. It can work for players on loans and low transfer fees. You are talking about handing 100+ million spending money to someone who's seems to have been permacrap. Sure he can have a chance, but initially in a lesser role. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, FoxesHub said:

We recently researched and published a feature on FoxesHub.com about what Leicester City's scouting department could look like under Lee Congerton.

Feel free to have a read: https://foxeshub.com/what-leicesters-scouting-department-could-look-like-under-lee-congerton/

What a waste of time.

• Haha 1

On 16/03/2019 at 11:25, Gerard said:

Good article here on Sven Mislintat that hails him as a world class Head of Recruitment.

The guy is unemployed after leaving Arsenal last month. I'm a big believer in this is probably the most important man at a club and it's the one position you really need to get the best available whatever the cost.

If you're reading Top or Rudkin, gerrrimin.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/arsenal-transfer-news-sven-mislintat-leaving-bayern-munich-wenger-emery-watch-video-latest-boardroom-a8729936.html

Appointed by Stuttgart today as managing director 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Appointed by Stuttgart today as managing director 

Makes sense. He deserves to be the main man. Didn't see him moving sideways or backwards. Way to talented.

11 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest it's worrying that the club has had all this time to announce a replacement and still not done anything. They had a lot of advance warning that Macia was leaving. I would have hoped that they'd have spent it finding his successor.

Or waiting for rodgers to arrive and settle....then bring on the dog shít!

18 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

To be honest it's worrying that the club has had all this time to announce a replacement and still not done anything. They had a lot of advance warning that Macia was leaving. I would have hoped that they'd have spent it finding his successor.

Losing an owner, new manager, who really knows how many other people at the club will change this summer. I would think that everyone has to be on the same page. Thought I heard that Macia had everything buttoned up for the summer?

Edited by SO1

2 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Or waiting for rodgers to arrive and settle....then bring on the dog shít!

That's the power of positive thinking.:appl:

15 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Rodgers is being involved in the process so I imagine even though have known Macia was going to be leaving for a while they didn’t want to do the same with Puel and line up a replacement with the questions around Puels job security.

Would have been no point drawing up a list of potential replacements either because, as they are involving Rodgers, they probably want someone who the manager can work well with, unfortunately I do think we will end up with Congerton