Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
FIF

Sex/sexism thread

Recommended Posts

Hi

 

I just created a thread about the state of sexism today. It seems to have been taken down. Any particular reason why?

 

Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

was it sexist?

 

:D

 

No. I was looking for opinions on the current state of affairs given metoo, Weinstein, girl groups etc... No sexism, not even a personal opinion. Do you think it was lifted because we shouldn't actually discuss the idea?

 

edit: I have no problem with it's removal, just want to know why so that I don't waste time and energy in the future. I'm surprised it was removed in seconds yet nobody has answered this request in 30 minutes. Surely the person who removed it is still online - I wrote it immediately.

Edited by FIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, FIF said:

 

:D

 

No. I was looking for opinions on the current state of affairs given metoo, Weinstein, girl groups etc... No sexism, not even a personal opinion. Do you think it was lifted because we shouldn't actually discuss the idea?

 

edit: I have no problem with it's removal, just want to know why so that I don't waste time and energy in the future. I'm surprised it was removed in seconds yet nobody has answered this request in 30 minutes. Surely the person who removed it is still online - I wrote it immediately.

Probably a woman giving you the silent treatment :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Probably a woman giving you the silent treatment :ph34r:

She hasn't had time to look at this thread, too busy in the kitchen.:ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almost a week and no reply. 

 

Do you remove threads by name or content?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Walkers said:

As weird as mods are on here, you take this thing way too seriously

I can understand Fif frustration though. If you enjoy using a thing, and someone cares enough to restrict or prevent you from using that thing, but when you ask why they aren't bothered enough to reply, its annoying. Someone went through the process of deleting the thread because it bothered them so much, but then can't be bothered to put in a tiny bit of effort to explain why. Fif could just constantly recreate the thread, because he doesn't know what he done wrong, and it gets deleted again, and we just end up in a viscous circle.

 

Maybe he does moan a lot, but then he never gets an answer, to anything. Maybe if someone engaged with him once in a while, he might drop it.

 

I'll add, I find others weirdly take this too seriously. Eg Wymesy seems utterly obsessed with fif's behaviour and webbo leaving, I find that weirder than fif just wanting to use the forum like everyone else.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I can understand Fif frustration though. If you enjoy using a thing, and someone cares enough to restrict or prevent you from using that thing, but when you ask why they aren't bothered enough to reply, its annoying. Someone went through the process of deleting the thread because it bothered them so much, but then can't be bothered to put in a tiny bit of effort to explain why. Fif could just constantly recreate the thread, because he doesn't know what he done wrong, and it gets deleted again, and we just end up in a viscous circle.

 

Maybe he does moan a lot, but then he never gets an answer, to anything. Maybe if someone engaged with him once in a while, he might drop it.

 

I'll add, I find others weirdly take this too seriously. Eg Wymesy seems utterly obsessed with fif's behaviour and webbo leaving, I find that weirder than fif just wanting to use the forum like everyone else.

For the former member, he has mentioned me in a very bad light a couple of times in front of other members - relating back to one comment I made (which again highly regret, admittedly) in the Unpopular Opinions thread - whenever he questions why he's on whatever posting limit he's on at the time (and dismisses any claims that has led him to be on that limit, and believes should be exempt from bans etc from this forum).

-

For the latter member, have only asked what had happened to him as he used to moderate the forum quite a bit when he was chosen to and came out with some good points in lengthly topic discussions such as The Politics Thread.

 

I don't find asking what happened to Webbo, in particular, "weird" - as he had been a regular poster up until recently and had just asked of what happen to him out of interest..*

-

*I very recently mentioned that Rincewind hasn't posted in a while and hoped he was ok (as it was well-documented a few years ago that he stated he was unwell, logged for foir a good while afterwards - and some members were concerned about him after his openness about it and started a 'Get well soon' thread for him).

 

Just hope you don't find that "weird", too?..

-

I could also mention that you seem obsessed with my posts at times (perhaps in order to try and get a bad reaction, who knows?), especially when referrimg back to me - such as in this example; when someone complains about the forum/moderating - which does appear unjust tbqh.

Edited by Wymeswold fox
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

For the former member, he has mentioned me in a very bad light a couple of times in front of other members - relating back to one comment I made (which again highly regret, admittedly) in the Unpopular Opinions thread - whenever he questions why he's on whatever posting limit he's on at the time (and dismisses any claims that has made him to be on that limit, and should be exempt from bans etc from this forum).

-

For the latter member, have only asked what had happened to him as he used to moderate the forum quite a bit when he was chosen to and came out with some good points in lengthly topic discussions such as The Politics Thread.

 

I don't find asking what happened to Webbo, in particular, "weird" - as he had been a regular poster up until recently and had just asked of what happen to him out of interest.

-

I very recently mentioned that Rincewind hasn't posted in a while and hoped he was ok (as it was well-documented a few years ago that he stated he was unwell, logged for foir a good while afterwards - and some members were concerned about him after his openness about it and started a 'Get well soon' thread for him).

 

Just hope you don't find that "weird", too?..

-

I could also mention that you seem obsessed with my posts at times (perhaps in order to try and get a bad reaction, who knows?), especially when referrimg back to me - such as in this example; when someone complains about the forum/moderating - which does appear unjust tbqh.

You constantly mention Webbo, it's very very odd. "I wonder what Webbo would make of this thread" things like that. You've not just asked where he is. You also speculated about the guys personal life as to being why he'd left. You don't even know the guy! And you post in this very thread, saying your watching FIF is again very odd, and points to being a touch obsessive.

 

Another thing you're obsessed with is people posting it get a reaction! You mentioned it over and over again. Wtf! I'm just posting on a forum lol People are allowed to make a point without it being to wind someone up, but if someone is bringing up something you do, it probably means its noticeable. I mentioned you to make a point about people taking FT too seriously, not to get a reaction. If you think someone, anywhere in life is trying get a reaction out of you, its probably best not to react. Little life lesson for you there Wymesy.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still quite ironic that you think I'm obsessed with certain posters, yet you seem to pinpoint exactly what I state on here (without doing the same towards other members you may well question as well) and believing it's terrible towards certain posters.

 

Feel free to quote the post about me speculating about Webbo's personal life; was actually just wondering whether things were ok with him personally in general having not seen him on here for a while - I admit it might be a rather 'nosey', but no speculation at all on what/where/when etc..

 

Aren't posters not allowed to show thought to others they haven't seen contributed for a while all of a sudden etc?

-

Unfortunately believe you're trying to unnecessarily victimise me on the above, and in general, when really the truth is there's been much worst said by others on here recently and in the past and got away with it.

 

Feel quite bewildered in you singling me out on here tbh, as if you believe I'm on here to intimidate others etc, especially after being quite a regular donater to this forum and using it as a good 'information hub' about aspects of LCFC - which is a shame as you contribute well generally on here (sorry if this is being 'obsessed' to you..).

Edited by Wymeswold fox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Still quite ironic that you think I'm obsessed with certain posters, yet you seem to pinpoint exactly what I state on here (without doing the same towards other members you may well question as well) and believing it's terrible towards certain posters.

 

Feel free to quote the post about me speculating about Webbo's personal life; was actually just wondering whether things were ok with him personally in general having not seen him on here for a while - I admit it might be a rather 'nosey', but no speculation at all on what/where/when etc..

 

Aren't posters not allowed to show thought to others they haven't seen contributed for a while all of a sudden etc?

-

Unfortunately believe you're trying to unnecessarily victimise me on the above, and in general, when really the truth is there's been much worst said by others on here recently and in the past and got away with it.

 

Feel quite bewildered in you singling me out on here tbh, as if you believe I'm on here to intimidate others etc, especially after being quite a regular donater to this forum and using it as a good 'information hub' about aspects of LCFC - which is a shame as you contribute well generally on here (sorry if this is being 'obsessed' to you..).

This thread is a simple question thread for the mods (not you, yet) that you've again turned into a look at Wymsey thread and then a Wymsey is a victim thread. time for you to make another donation I think.

 

I'm sure you'll be reporting Facecloth to Mark in the future.

 

It's ages since I last mentioned about your homophobic posting, it's a long time ago and wisely you are much more careful now, you seem to mention it more than I do. You should put me on ignore like I do with you so that my posts don't remind you of it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...