Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PoshhFox

Permanent Threads (Players / Manager)

Might just be my OCD but can we get permanent threads for our players and manager?

After each game another new thread opens up on a player or a discussion point that could of been a comment in the thread gets posted as it’s own thread - just seems so messy.

It will also clean up the forum a bit from having loads of smaller threads (I know this is adding to it)

• Like 4

It is an issue but the alternative has been tried and it's not proved to be that great.

One of the problem  is the threads get too long and people then stop looking because in amongst the good points is some rubbish and if you miss a couple of days you could end up with having to trawl though a few hundred posts of no interest to you.

Also new threads appear on other media sites acting as an advert for the forum hopefully bringing in new members which will then increase the advertising revenue enabling the forum to have the best server.

Threads that are started with little or no relevance or lasting interest will soon disappear down the pages.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, PoshhFox said:

Might just be my OCD but can we get permanent threads for our players and manager?

After each game another new thread opens up on a player or a discussion point that could of been a comment in the thread gets posted as it’s own thread - just seems so messy.

It will also clean up the forum a bit from having loads of smaller threads (I know this is adding to it)

I agree. Find myself making similar or same points after every match in a different thread about the same player. 

Would be good if people just did a quick search for a player and then add a comment there instead of starting a new thread. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Would be good if people just did a quick search for a player and then add a comment there instead of starting a new thread. 

That would require people to use their brain cells, instead of focusing on why player X is the worst signing we've made 

On 19/08/2019 at 10:03, davieG said:

It is an issue but the alternative has been tried and it's not proved to be that great.

One of the problem  is the threads get too long and people then stop looking because in amongst the good points is some rubbish and if you miss a couple of days you could end up with having to trawl though a few hundred posts of no interest to you.

Also new threads appear on other media sites acting as an advert for the forum hopefully bringing in new members which will then increase the advertising revenue enabling the forum to have the best server.

Threads that are started with little or no relevance or lasting interest will soon disappear down the pages.

I find the highlighted part hard to believe on Foxes Talk.

• Haha 1