Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxile5

Days Gone

I couldn't see a topic for this... 

I'm laid up and have gotten hold of a copy. I've just finished Red Dead (incredible) and need other title to fill the coming few weeks. 

Is this any good? I've scanned a few reviews and it's not entirely positive. But, then again, they're not always accurate. 

I reckon I'm about 85% percent through it at the moment.

I was initially put off by the reviews, but I am enjoying it, as a load it up and play for an hour or so. The missions get a little repetitive, as they do with most open world games. The graphics and weather effects are decent with some amazing backdrops (not quite as good as Red Dead though). 

Overall it's a decent game, which I'm not sure where all the hate has come from.

I'd play it on the hardest setting though as the freaks (zombies) aren't that hard to kill, unless you get caught in a horde, then just run.

Enjoyable, though not a patch on Red Dead. Decent story and gameplay but I found it extremely laggy tbh. The hordes were fun to try and beat, until you master it and then it just becomes easy. Another one of those games where you have to accumulate payment methods (ears of types of zombies in this case, like bottle caps in Fallout) but there's really not that much to actually "spend" them on.

22 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Enjoyable, though not a patch on Red Dead. Decent story and gameplay but I found it extremely laggy tbh. The hordes were fun to try and beat, until you master it and then it just becomes easy. Another one of those games where you have to accumulate payment methods (ears of types of zombies in this case, like bottle caps in Fallout) but there's really not that much to actually "spend" them on.

Why would anyone want zombie ears as payment lol

A double barrel shotgun, yes boss that will be 12 and a half zombie ears lol 

1 hour ago, kingcarr21 said:

Why would anyone want zombie ears as payment lol

A double barrel shotgun, yes boss that will be 12 and a half zombie ears lol 

That's just it. There's about a dozen different types of ears that you can to collect that end up having different values with different merchants. So you spend ages collecting more than enough currency but there's basically bugger all to spend it all on

Love this game in spite of - as others have pointed out - the unjust mauling that it received from critics. I can really relate to this; Motorcycles, the Pacific Northwest, the high plains/desert, and the Cascades. I have travelled throughout Oregon several times, so many of the locations are tangible (although fictitious renditions) which makes it even better - Crater Lake, Chemult, Metolius, Marion Forks and peaks such as Mt. Jefferson, Mt. Thielsen and Diamond Peak. I also found the characters to be likeable and the villains well conceived/entertaining...particularly Jessie/Carlos, Skizzo and Colonel Garrett

The freakers are excellent, the rippers a deranged cross between the War Boys from Mad Max Fury Road and the Manson Family and NERO, the black ops of the game. 

Be sure to save the best of the hordes on separate slots - particularly the sawmill - so you can replay them and ensure that the Chicago Chopper is in your loadout. There is however a horde that repopulates. This can be found at the Spruce Lake Nero Checkpoint, in the tunnel. When they swarm out, if you climb up the ladder of the wooden lookout tower out, they cant reach you, but it's much more fun to scale the wire fence and as they pursue you Napalm the shit out of them from the other side. You can revisit and keep doing this as many times as you wish. 

There is new DLC coming at the end of the week which looks to be far better than the tedious challenge updates/content received so far.