Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
General Smuts

Championship Manager 01/02

35 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

It sounds like you've not mounted the iso correctly, which version of windows are you running?

unmounted.thumb.png.6de9f3f55ba5fdad3cc5b2d65164e001.png

Above is the unmounted iso file (Disc Image File) along with the folder containing all the files I copied from it.

If you right click on the iso you should get the option to "mount", once selected the 'disc' will appear as though it's in a DVD drive, seen below:

mounted.thumb.png.5b2ddfec233d5dff1d792a2c39931706.png

Now you want to go into the folder with your copied files (it doesn't have to be called game, it can be anything) and run the pm98 executable.  That should be that.

EDIT: This may even be an unnecessary extra step, I just tried running it with no disc mounted for a laugh and it actually works still.  I think all you really need to do is copy all the files out of the iso into a new folder, create the empty "TACTICS" folder within that new folder so you can save games, then run the executable.

I'm running Windows 10. 

I feel like I've done all of that correctly. It's mounted onto my F and G drive but still says about the disc. It doesn't give me the option to mount to my E drive which is the dvd one. Don't worry mate I'll probably buy the disc at some point 

Edited by foxfanazer

20 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm running Windows 10. 

I feel like I've done all of that correctly. It's mounted onto my F and G drive but still says about the disc. It doesn't give me the option to mount to my E drive which is the dvd one. Don't worry mate I'll probably buy the disc at some point 

Hmmm yeah I have no idea then, sorry.  It won't ever mount to your actual DVD drive though, that's perfectly normal.  Mounting creates a virtual disc drive with your 'disc' in it (if you compare my 2 images you can see the DVD drive doesn't exist until I've mounted the file), I don't have any physical disc trays on my PC.

Had an up and down time at Leicester. First season was a blast, winning the league in style and managing to get some decent transfers in:

image.png.1b9c660fe1559a9e68e3d0cc6c04747d.png

image.png.06ba0c6a5e90225854756a0dc5d2ea69.png

First season in the prem going very well, top of the league with 17 points after 7 games. Still on 17 points after 16 games... Managed to recover and survive the season

image.png.5f29aa5ad4bcb6d0672bd61df9e38081.png

image.png.c47213d1ed3bb651251093c71f4fd4b1.png

Third season was an absolute disaster, bottom of the league with just three wins and finally threw in the towel, resigning after a 2-4 reverse to Man Utd

image.png.729c1e8050cc10109c3ffdbe8e7c31be.png

image.png.ed1e64cddf1b96266b9bd919b79ebe2f.png

image.png.fdccf0fdaa117f5901455fdc8ae55c60.png

• Like 1

On 23/05/2020 at 11:02, Carl the Llama said:

Hmmm yeah I have no idea then, sorry.  It won't ever mount to your actual DVD drive though, that's perfectly normal.  Mounting creates a virtual disc drive with your 'disc' in it (if you compare my 2 images you can see the DVD drive doesn't exist until I've mounted the file), I don't have any physical disc trays on my PC.

I'm having the same problem. Have "mounted" the iso file, and I can see it "in the drive" as it were. But when I click the PM98.exe file I get the game tell me that the disc isn't in the drive. Very frustrating. I feel I'm soooo close to being able to run it.

The database exe works fine, so I can browse the players/clubs in the game

I did manage to get Premier Manager 98 working in the end on my son's laptop (not sure what I did differently but it worked first time on his!)

However, I've encountered a gameplay problem in that it seems virtually impossible to sign any player, even when offering way over the asking price and giving the player a massive payrise!

On 28/05/2020 at 10:42, stripeyfox said:

I did manage to get Premier Manager 98 working in the end on my son's laptop (not sure what I did differently but it worked first time on his!)

However, I've encountered a gameplay problem in that it seems virtually impossible to sign any player, even when offering way over the asking price and giving the player a massive payrise!

Is this the PS1 ROM version or a PC version? I'm totally useless if it's the latter, but if it's the former... are you trying to buy players who aren't on the transfer list?

4 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Is this the PS1 ROM version or a PC version? I'm totally useless if it's the latter, but if it's the former... are you trying to buy players who aren't on the transfer list?

It's the PC version (I think, anyway). I'm looking at players on the transfer list but no luck!

Perhaps have another look later and see if I can tempt anyone to join!

On 28/05/2020 at 10:42, stripeyfox said:

Are you doing pro manager mode?  I found the same issue, there's evidently a strong bias against joining bottom tier teams, you just have to be dogged and possibly lower your standards but eventually you'll find someone.

• 10 months later...

Gotten massively into CM0102 again and again and it's such a perfect game it's unreal. The champman0102.net website has just released the April 2021 update and I'll be smashing through that this weekend. 

Some absolute hero has also released a Starter Pack - meaning no more pissing about changing files, mounting iso's etc - literally just download the starter pack and away you go. Can switch between databases as well so can play with the 93/94 squads, the newest squads or the 01/02 squads. 

I've actually been streaming a bit of my games on Periscope as well which was great fun. Hoping to switch to Twitch after Periscopes demise, if I ever find some free time.

• Like 1