Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy123

Champions League Prices

7 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Can you book mine next time please. Madrid alone cost me 580 quid for flights, hotel and train back from london on return lol

I recon I’m telling a lie but I couldn’t work out of it was 2k for 2 people or whether it was just 2k for me lol

Madrid nearly cost me that but my bank ****ed up a declined a payment to a really cheap flight so they refunded the difference (I think it cost me about £150).

Brugge Flight was £30 as I used air miles, hotel about £50. I booked this the second the date was announced.

Copenhagen was a bit more expensive but again I booked it as soon as the draw was made.

I messed up with Porto and that flight cost me £200. Can’t remember about the hotel but it was the one we collected the tickets from so a way out.

Seville accommodation was an air b n b with 3 of us in, as was Madrid.

I did 2 nights in most of these but I think Brugge was 1 night.

5 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

going for longer definitely makes it cheaper for flights. we did monday to friday on the trips that we did and it was a lot cheaper than booking flights that fly out weds morning and come back on thursday afternoon like 90% of everyone else. 

obviously it depends on what holidays you have in work etc. aha 

This will be my tactic this time. I’ve booked 4 days of for 5 of the 6 game weeks.

That does mean I’ve got absolutely **** all annual leave at work until the draw is made though so it’s all about the efforts not to have a mental breakdown before really.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I recon I’m telling a lie but I couldn’t work out of it was 2k for 2 people or whether it was just 2k for me lol

Madrid nearly cost me that but my bank ****ed up a declined a payment to a really cheap flight so they refunded the difference (I think it cost me about £150).

Brugge Flight was £30 as I used air miles, hotel about £50. I booked this the second the date was announced.

Copenhagen was a bit more expensive but again I booked it as soon as the draw was made.

I messed up with Porto and that flight cost me £200. Can’t remember about the hotel but it was the one we collected the tickets from so a way out.

Seville accommodation was an air b n b with 3 of us in, as was Madrid.

I did 2 nights in most of these but I think Brugge was 1 night.

We booked Brugge and copenhagen that night but eurostared it to belgium so was a bit more although still not to bad. 

Guess my flaw was, spending 5 days in porto and 4 or 5 in madrid. Although Porto we flew from Bristol for about 45 quid. Hence the 5 days as we couldn't get back until the saturday lol

54 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

We booked Brugge and copenhagen that night but eurostared it to belgium so was a bit more although still not to bad. 

Guess my flaw was, spending 5 days in porto and 4 or 5 in madrid. Although Porto we flew from Bristol for about 45 quid. Hence the 5 days as we couldn't get back until the saturday lol

Yeah I had a mad panic and really ****ed it for Brugge using my air miles as I should have just done the Eurostar.

One thing I didn’t miss was 6am flights from Heathrow/Stansted/Luton and my alarm going off at 1am. Makes me feel sick just thinking about it.

9 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

It most definitely can be done and we did all 5 for similar price. The key to it is organisation. For example last time the groups were drawn I booked a day off work with flight apps up on computers and phones ready to go. After the teams were known there is a period of about an hour before the fixtures are confirmed ie what order you play and if it’s Tuesday or Wednesday. As soon as them dates are confirmed I had booked our flights and digs for all three games within half hour.

This is before ticket allocations had been discussed between the clubs. If you wait for tickets to be confirmed the prices are sky high. 
Done the same with England for years. For example people in the know will have flights booked for Dublin, Rome, St. Petersburg and Copenhagen and will have had them at dirt cheap prices for about a year. (That’s the four possible England destinations in the Euro 2020 knockouts). But the cost of all 4 flights will be cheaper in total than any single price if you booked one now. So it makes sense to book all 4 but only use 2, than wait.

Depends how switched on you are. 

This was key for me. I booked all three group games as soon as dates were announced. I think I paid just over £350 maybe for travel and accommodation (although Brugge I booked no hotel as had early train, regretted that).

Seville I couldn't go as my son was born about 2 weeks before. Madrid I was hoping to go but I didn't want to fork out £400+ for travel and hotel. I banked on Thomas Cook but missed out on priority level, and the other day tripper had also sold out. So I missed it.

However, having been to all 3 group away games and every home game, I couldn't really moan. And I was lucky that it didn't cost me an arm and a leg. Timing is key and gambling on going even if you have no ticket, which is still a good trip out no doubt.

• 6 months later...
On 03/02/2020 at 10:23, rachhere said:

The dilemmas... I think I will probably have enough home points this time to get a season ticket, but if I did that, with travel costs that's my budget gone really, leaving not much left for European tickets... 

This post of mine really didn't age well... 

• Haha 1