Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BlueArmy123

Champions League Prices

36 minutes ago, Wrighty22 said:

My mate didn’t even have to show ID when he collected his ticket in Porto. Just how strict were they at other games?

Most were OK but in Copenhagen the girl was a bit basic. She got confused with my name for some reason as she saw my middle name in the passport which had nothing to do with the name on the ticket. Baffled me.

Other than that I remember it being OK. Seems so long ago. I missed the Seville game as my son was born 3 weeks before and missed Madrid as I couldn't get travel sorted.

Just now, Voll Blau said:

If the club want to do it, then fine. I just hope this time that they a) Make sure the pick-ups are always somewhere convenient for supporters, not just by the hotel where the staff are staying (as was the case in Porto) and b) That they don't hide behind some bollocks notion that it's UEFA policy, when that's completely untrue.

Good point about the Porto pick up. Bruges, Copenhagen and Madrid were right in the centre. Copenhagen particularly handy because it was next to the train station which was linked to the airport. 

Anyway if we get through, with the likelyhood of two big teams allocations should be big. Id love to see how our support would be affected by a trip out to somewhere unusual 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Delfoxed said:

How much was an away game in total, Travel, hotel and ticket ? and was it worth going independently or with club travel packages ?

How longs a piece of string? 

You want to fly direct from your closest airport or not bothered about maybe taking a slightly more time consuming route to save a bit of cash?

You want to stay in a hostel or a five star hotel in the centre of the city?

You gonna be out drinking all day or just moseying around town?

Different answers to any combination of those questions and more will dictate how much it will cost but as a rough guide.

Ticket ~£50

Travel ~£100-250

Hotel 2 nights ~£100-300

• Like 1

On 15/02/2020 at 10:26, Delfoxed said:

How much was an away game in total, Travel, hotel and ticket ? and was it worth going independently or with club travel packages ?

I did all 5 CL Away games in 16/17 and spent about £3,000. 

Flights, hotels, match tickets, food, booze, taxis, buses, trains 

Would rob a bank (if I had to) to do it all again next season

Memories that last a lifetime 

18 minutes ago, shanetko said:

My thoughts entirely.

My whole years holiday plans cannot be sorted until the CL group stage draw in August. Following City abroad is literally "living the dream"

• Like 3

2 hours ago, shanetko said:

Fair play, I think my trip madrid cost me about a grand on it's own. 500 quid for flights and hotels. 80 quid for the ****ing train back from london on good friday or whatever Easter day it was. 4 days in Madrid I spent about a ton a day.

I reckon I was out of pocket to the tune of a decent family holiday in the Caribbean once I'd done all 5.

Bit like you I'd sell any functioning organs for the 2020/21 version. Those Mastercards adverts best be true lol

Oh and this time my daughter has enough points I reckon and my lad my squeeze at least 1 in if we get a decent allocation or dead rubber like Porto was.

Edited by Bayfox

On 18/02/2020 at 19:19, boots60 said:

My thoughts entirely.

My whole years holiday plans cannot be sorted until the CL group stage draw in August. Following City abroad is literally "living the dream"

It's hard making plans without knowing.

I've got a week booked off in September for what could be a home game, I just don't want to miss the first away game.

1 hour ago, 09bballer said:

One of the most difficult bits is arranging it at home after using the "It's ok if it costs loads because it's a once in a lifetime for Leicester City" excuse only 3 years ago!!! That's not really going to work this time.

Ha my wife has already called me on this. You told me it was once in a life time last time. And it lasted 5 games. Oh and you said you weren't going Porto only to **** of for 5 days for 90 mins of football.

Good job my lads probably likely to get tickets for at least one away. So it will be once in a lifetime for him lol

as above depends on so many things. 

i did porto and seville last time but did 5 days in each and just called it a holiday. flew from liverpool for one and leeds for the other to save the flight cost from birmingham/east midlands. stayed in "sound enough" air bnbs. went out the first few nights to scout the local puss puss and the good places that were cheap to drink to save going to just the biggest, most expensive irish bar in the town. 

i think both trips cost me about 120-150 quid for flights and accommodation all in. then it's just how much you want to drink, what you want to do in the non-football days and how much the clubs charge for tickets. 

you can do central and western europe really cheap if you do it right. obviously none of this applies if we draw spartak moscow or copenhagen again. 

I worked out that all 5 with hotel, travel and accommodation cost me just over a grand. It’s definitely cheaper to do it yourself.

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

I worked out that all 5 with hotel, travel and accommodation cost me just over a grand. It’s definitely cheaper to do it yourself.

Can you book mine next time please. Madrid alone cost me 580 quid for flights, hotel and train back from london on return lol

3 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

How??? Fair play to you doing it at that price. I did all 5 and think it cost in the region of 5-6k. I did it all myself aswell. Told the mrs itd never happen again. She is now nervous about it happening again but if you can sort my trips out at those prices im sure she would be ok 👌

16 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

How??? Fair play to you doing it at that price. I did all 5 and think it cost in the region of 5-6k. I did it all myself aswell. Told the mrs itd never happen again. She is now nervous about it happening again but if you can sort my trips out at those prices im sure she would be ok 👌

It most definitely can be done and we did all 5 for similar price. The key to it is organisation. For example last time the groups were drawn I booked a day off work with flight apps up on computers and phones ready to go. After the teams were known there is a period of about an hour before the fixtures are confirmed ie what order you play and if it’s Tuesday or Wednesday. As soon as them dates are confirmed I had booked our flights and digs for all three games within half hour.

This is before ticket allocations had been discussed between the clubs. If you wait for tickets to be confirmed the prices are sky high. 
Done the same with England for years. For example people in the know will have flights booked for Dublin, Rome, St. Petersburg and Copenhagen and will have had them at dirt cheap prices for about a year. (That’s the four possible England destinations in the Euro 2020 knockouts). But the cost of all 4 flights will be cheaper in total than any single price if you booked one now. So it makes sense to book all 4 but only use 2, than wait.

Depends how switched on you are. 

• Like 1

going for longer definitely makes it cheaper for flights. we did monday to friday on the trips that we did and it was a lot cheaper than booking flights that fly out weds morning and come back on thursday afternoon like 90% of everyone else. 

obviously it depends on what holidays you have in work etc. aha 

1 hour ago, TamworthFoxes said:

It most definitely can be done and we did all 5 for similar price. The key to it is organisation. For example last time the groups were drawn I booked a day off work with flight apps up on computers and phones ready to go. After the teams were known there is a period of about an hour before the fixtures are confirmed ie what order you play and if it’s Tuesday or Wednesday. As soon as them dates are confirmed I had booked our flights and digs for all three games within half hour.

This is before ticket allocations had been discussed between the clubs. If you wait for tickets to be confirmed the prices are sky high. 
Done the same with England for years. For example people in the know will have flights booked for Dublin, Rome, St. Petersburg and Copenhagen and will have had them at dirt cheap prices for about a year. (That’s the four possible England destinations in the Euro 2020 knockouts). But the cost of all 4 flights will be cheaper in total than any single price if you booked one now. So it makes sense to book all 4 but only use 2, than wait.

Depends how switched on you are. 

Will have to be a bit more clued up then. Cheers.

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

going for longer definitely makes it cheaper for flights. we did monday to friday on the trips that we did and it was a lot cheaper than booking flights that fly out weds morning and come back on thursday afternoon like 90% of everyone else. 

obviously it depends on what holidays you have in work etc. aha 

If i could get away with going for longer i would. Im sure the mrs wouldnt be to happy with that tho lol