Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
joeheadland

Music Leicester City have run out to

4 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

No, was played during the build up along with Robbie Williams - Let Me Entertain You.

Always ran out to recorded PHG.

The build up was always the best bit, i remember Republica being played, and for a season or 2 was Bon Jovi - Keep the Faith

My favourite was when we had 'O Fortuna' right before being interupted by the  PHG, used to get the hairs on your neck standing up

• Like 1

On 20/02/2020 at 10:47, Manini said:

Used to be Shep who walked to the centre spot to play the PHG wasn’t it? Always made me laugh because he used to run out of steam about half way through bless him lol I like having somebody play it live from the centre circle it’s unique.

Shep the dog ?

11 hours ago, Luttfox said:

The build up was always the best bit, i remember Republica being played, and for a season or 2 was Bon Jovi - Keep the Faith

My favourite was when we had 'O Fortuna' right before being interupted by the  PHG, used to get the hairs on your neck standing up

That's a good shout. I liked this also. Reminds me of the very early days of going LCFC.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for commenting and sharing your memories. It's much appreciated and is invaluable to the project. Just in case anyone has a burning desire to see what we've found so far, here's the current information we have... 

The Home Guard Band  Post Horn Gallop  1844     1941 1957
Traditional Recording Used Post Horn Gallop  1844     1957      70s or 80s
Black Dyke Mills Post Horn Gallop  1844                                  70s or 80s 2003
Thin Lizzy  Boys are Back In Town  1977     Early 80s Early 80s
Republica  Ready to Go  1996     Mid 90s Mid 90s
House of Pain Jump Around  1989     10/8/2002 10/8/2002
Henry Shipley / Paul Hing Post Horn Gallop  1844                                 2003/04 Current 

We're still on the lookout for songs, so if anyone remembers anymore, or can confirm other suggestions, drop us a line. 

If you remember roughly what season even better!

Thanks again for helping us out, 

Cheers
Joe

Edited by joeheadland