Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Watford Post Match Thread - 1-1

10 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Evans was marking Dawson,after Vardy deflected the ball with his head Evans came out to clear it but the ball got to Dawson first unfortunately.

Was he bollocks, he was marking space.

16 hours ago, Manini said:

I think it’s just one of those things that fans of all clubs say when they concede from a set piece. It seems like it’s always against the team you support because more often than not you’re paying more attention when it happens! My mate who’s a Liverpool fan swears blind they can’t defend corners so take from that what you will. 

I think you’re right …

Set piece goals are a highly negative outcome that "should" rarely happen.  Each one sticks in the memory of even the most positive supporter.  You’d have a hard time finding a Liverpool or Blades fan who’d claim their club was elite at defending them.

FWIW, I would have guessed we were average, certainly not among the best.

One thing I got from that table is that the better numbers tend to belong to clubs with better CBs.  Just statistical noise?  We all know defending set pieces is a team effort based on organization.