Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Watford Post Match Thread - 1-1

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Absolutely do. If we manage to finish in the top four, we have to think like a top four side, when recruiting. 

12 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

Yes we need 3 or 4 quality and I mean quality players including a striker. 

then we have to sell a player for 70/80m because the money isn’t there to spend 100m+ unless we do ......

• Like 1

First of all, it was good to see the boys back. I thought we deserved a point against a physical Watford team. I was hoping Vardy would reach 100 premier league goals but sadly he struggled throughout, looked isolated and didn't get enough service from our midfielders. Harvey Barnes had a poor game. Albrighton wasn't much better but probably unlucky not to score actually. Demarai Gray was excellent when he came on though and changed the game for us. Justin is a talent, did a decent job but we are much less of an attacking threat without Ricardo and I miss him already. Overall, probably a fair result in the end but disappointing to concede and not seeing the final few minutes out. We're a young team and I think we sometimes rest on our laurels after scoring.

I have to admit I’m bloody fed up of all this YT nonsense. Yes, he’s not hit the heights, Yes he waddles around the pitch, Yes he didn’t look great today.

However, we do realise he was brilliant a majority of the first half of the season, he was the key heartbeat of an 8 game winning run, and it’s only since we started fiddling around with it in the away Villa game that we’ve become painfully inconsistent.

We have shown we maybe arnt as good as we thought and are a bit lucky to be 3rd. We will have to hold and scrap to fall over the line at this rate. Utd are on form and look great and have a good balance, I can see them getting at least 63-65 points by the time they visit us. We might need to get at least a draw!

Anyway back to the point, the key is YT. He’s the bit of quality we need and we need to stick by him. I don’t think most of you realise how good he is and even off form he’s 50 times better than Praet. Praet is a very very limited footballer and we always look static when he plays and YT is out. I’d like to see the stats on our record when YT is on the bench/out the squad but I can guarantee we drop dramatically.

We should NOT drop YT vs Brighton. After a good win today vs Arsenal they will fancy there chances! On paper this is the easiest game we have left, We MUST win Imo.

I feel we need to get to 66 points to lock top 4 so probably need 3 wins and 3 draws..Brighton H, Palace H and Bournemouth A are really the ones we must win. Can’t see us getting anything from Everton A or our last 2 fixtures so we are in trouble is we don’t beat Brighton!

• Like 2

I think the performance was pretty much much what most of us expected, especially if you compare it to the wolves game first game of the season. I expected it to end 0-0, there wasn’t much to suggest otherwise until 90+ minutes. Disappointed Barnes didn’t affect the game more though, and yes its maybe easier to enter that environment as a substitute but gray had more impact in his 20-30 mins... if we beat Brighton that’s a decent return from the two games. Watched the game in the garden with a few mates and a few beers was simply delightful to be able to do that again!!  

2 minutes ago, sdb said:

We haven't looked like a top3 side this calander year, bar 1, maybe 2 games. We need to step it up again quick as, personally, I think we can still slide out of these CL places. 

We lost our momentum with the injury to Wilf. He wasn't at his best today but if he can rediscover his pre-injury form then I think we'll be OK (even without the Premier Leagues best right back). 

4 minutes ago, sdb said:

We haven't looked like a top3 side this calander year, bar 1, maybe 2 games. We need to step it up again quick as, personally, I think we can still slide out of these CL places. 

We Never looked like title contenders..we just kept picking up the points,to upset the others...and a few mis-gogs on foxestalk....

4 hours ago, enmac said:

Good results so far. With our superior goal difference Man U need to get 3 more wins and a draw better than us with 8 games left. Highly unlikely. 

Sorry, I don't know if I'm missing something here but, MU are 8 points behind us which means they only need 3 wins more than us before the end of the season to get ahead of us? 

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Looked a nailed on draw, would've taken that at 88 mins.

Fair result despite the disappointment of conceding.

Thought we were better than I was expecting after such a long lay off but obviously not where ideally we'd want to be.

Well summed up. Find it hard to be overly critical on players - don’t think anyone was rubbish, don’t think anyone was great. 

Didn’t like the way we gave up chances from our own play but may be that’s rustiness. 

2 minutes ago, browniefox said:

Sorry, I don't know if I'm missing something here but, MU are 8 points behind us which means they only need 3 wins more than us before the end of the season to get ahead of us? 

Yes, they need to win three games whilst we lose those matching three .......given that we play them then you could drop that to two .....

of course they can’t drop points if we win ......

Started off well. Lost our way a lot and finished well, obviously bar the equaliser. 

Vardy and Barnes not really in the game. Vardy way too isolated and just ended up chasing lost causes. Gray changed our momentum when he came on. It’s a shame he isn’t consistently like that. 

First game back after 3 months, with surreal soundings, I’ll take a point at a ground we have a terrible record it. Of course we should never lose after taking the lead in the 88th minute but hey ho. 

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes, they need to win three games whilst we lose those matching three .......given that we play them then you could drop that to two .....

of course they can’t drop points if we win ......

That's what I thought, I couldn't see where the 3 wins and draw came from in the post I quoted. 

Thanks for clarifying 

4 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Sean from enderby just slagged Pearson off. Anyone know who he is cos that is just not on. I thought he was alright but wow that’s bad. Clearly not a proper leicester fan,

Gone down in my book although that post makes me think it's you running the account lol