Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Watford Post Match Thread - 1-1

Looking at Wolves & Manure fixtures they could both pick up plenty of points so we need to get our act together pronto.

Today's performance was very poor but considering we were carrying about 4 passengers in the team a draw was probably more than we deserved. We do seem to get days like this where we have no verve or energy & it is a bit concerning, let's hope we come out of the traps v BHA with all guns blazing (& a few team changes)

• Thanks 1

Did Albrighton play???? He offers nothing. Gray deserves a start after that Cameo.

Barnes was very quiet and I thought Justin was solid defensively. kasper kept us in the game with a couple of superb saves. 

Edited by frany104

17 minutes ago, frany104 said:

Did Albrighton play???? He offers nothing. Gray deserves a start after that Cameo.

Barnes was very quiet and I thought Justin was solid defensively. kasper kept us in the game with a couple of superb saves. 

Yeah albrighton started

Edited by Unabomber

On balance thought we probably looked the better side but they probably had the better chances with Kasper keeping us in it with a couple of vital 1 on 1 saves earlier on. Think we just lacked a bit of creativity and incision in the final third, especially from out wide with vardy looking pretty isolated. 

Would go with Gray over Albrighton for the Brighton game after his cameo. But overall we didn’t look bad just think we lacked a bit of cutting edge hence the need for a top quality, next level sort of right winger in the summer imo. 

19 minutes ago, Foxes96 said:

Would go with Gray over Albrighton for the Brighton game after his cameo. But overall we didn’t look bad just think we lacked a bit of cutting edge hence the need for a top quality, next level sort of right winger in the summer imo. 

Gray tends to do far better as an impact sub. We’ve seen this happen before many times, where he has an absolute stormer after being subbed on, then gets picked to start the next game and does poorly. Unless of course it’s the lack of a crowd that’s got his confidence up. I’d probably still go with Perez if fit.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MrHornet said:

What is it with you lot and conceding injury time goals to us at The Vic??! 

In all seriousness though, a point apiece was the fairest result. In this league you have to take advantage of the chances created, and we didn't. There's a reason we're in the position we are. It wasn't the greatest game of football, but that's to be expected after 3 months of inactivity. I like the way Leicester play; Maddison is quality and James Justin (a former Scummer so this is through gritted teeth) played very well, although it was obvious how much you missed Ricardo Pereira down that right hand side . Chilwell I don't think had that great a game, which is ironic given how good his goal was. Sarr had the beating of him all afternoon but like I said, our end product is lacking. Also given Vardy's record against us since we came up, I was sure he'd score and make it 100 in the PL. 

You should finish 3rd, I definitely can't see you finishing outside the top 4 that's for sure. Best of luck, and I hope that we get to play each other again next season

No chance of you going down. Your position is false, and probably down to the managerial circus at the start of the season. Nigel will keep you up, and your quality will make sure of that too. Definitely be playing each other next season. 

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

...We seem to get this a lot!!!

Gray tends to be good off the bench and always struggle when starting.

Recurring theme.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...We seem to get this a lot!!!

Gray tends to be good off the bench and always struggle when starting.

Recurring theme.

He can’t do any worse than Albrighton or Perez when they have started. At least he gives us pace and he’s direct. We don’t have enough weapons going forward, especially with Ricardo out injured. 

4 minutes ago, frany104 said:

He can’t do any worse than Albrighton or Perez when they have started. At least he gives us pace and he’s direct. We don’t have enough weapons going forward, especially with Ricardo out injured. 

...you must have seen enough games where he has started and has failed to turn up!!!

Due to rotation he will probably start the next game, would like to see he is learning but you know he is going to let himself down.

2 hours ago, Angus Scott said:

Looking at Wolves & Manure fixtures they could both pick up plenty of points so we need to get our act together pronto.

Today's performance was very poor but considering we were carrying about 4 passengers in the team a draw was probably more than we deserved. We do seem to get days like this where we have no verve or energy & it is a bit concerning, let's hope we come out of the traps v BHA with all guns blazing (& a few team changes)

Especially when the lads promised to go to win every game for the fans, thought the 1st 20min was pretty decent but lack of goals then the water break and we seemed to just let Watford run the show.

Dinr know if it was wrong formation or wrong team choice bit really thought we could have comfortably won this game if we’d chosen right team and formation, really showed we missed Ricardo today even tho JJ did a great job Just is t as superb as Ricardo but he’ll get better with game time .

A few lads were not at the game today thought some could have stepped up but failed to Show how good they really could play, Chillers took his goal Amazingly but thought we lost the plot at that corner they they equalised hope Brendan teaches them To shut shop up Last few minutes keep them from scoring.

Bit of a blip first game back but can see us kickstart back and finish in the Top 3 let’s hope Brendan gets us back to winning ways really hope Brighton’s won against Arsenhole was a fluke and we take them out at he KP, back to show the lads how to win again as it’s been a bit of an unusual break and time for the lads During the Covid crisis !

BUT ONWARDS AND UPWARDS AND IN BRENDAN RODGERS WE TRUST !!

back winning don’t care who when where but let the mighty LCFC WIN !!

On reflection a fair result but what is it with Leicester on conceding late goals to Watford. Radio Leicester commentary pre match was good really felt it good build, during the match awful honestly Stringer and Piper are just playing silly buggers half the time so irratting. They really need to shake up the commentary team... Matt Piper a Leicester legend... really? 

4 hours ago, browniefox said:

Sorry, I don't know if I'm missing something here but, MU are 8 points behind us which means they only need 3 wins more than us before the end of the season to get ahead of us? 

But we have a much better goal difference. If they win 3 more games than us we are still ahead. 

4 minutes ago, bovril said:

Love Soyuncu's hair. I never thought he looked very Turkish but now he seems to have totally embraced the 18th century Anatolian warlord look, and why not. 

Soyuncu is a breath of fresh air for the entire league. Whilst the quality of the league at the top end has gone up dramatically (I cite the points tallies Man City and Liverpool get as argument for that), the game these days is really lacking in characters. Where are the Keane's, the Vieria's, the Martin Keown versus Van Nistelrooy staredowns? It's too few and far between. Soyuncu with his cruyff turns in his own box, his willingness to absolutely leather it when needing to clear it and now his "I don't give a damn" hair cut make him an absolute cult icon. He's not just a great player, he's an absolute character as well and really memorable. I think with his confidence, attitude, swagger and ability he will go right to the top of the game. He's mental, but in the best possible way!

Actually we are lucky that at Leicester we have quite a few characters. Vardy and his winding up of opposition fans is the one that comes to mind the most, but Kasper's got some front to him and even Maddison though seen as a bit of a show pony to some definitely has a unique on field personality and demeanor. And this makes us a great to follow right now!

• Like 4

Thought we were unlucky with their goal, but Kasper might feel he could've kept it out.

Evans comes off his man (Dawson), sensing danger that Vardy might miss the header. It drops and literally bounces off their player's resting toe to loop straight to Dawson, and it's in.

The accidental nature of it makes it so quick that Evans has no time to get back in. 

3 hours ago, frany104 said:

Apart from Chillwell's goal he came closest to scoring - hit the post with a great shot.. offers nothing??