Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

3 hours ago, FoxSinceBirth said:

Do you have mistakes leading to goals in there?

30 minutes ago, Ely fox said:

No that important point doesn’t fit their narrative so they leave that part out. Like a politician. 

I can't find a stat for that. If they had one I'd have reproduced it here. But being the fair-minded chap I am - off the top of my head I can think of Fulham at home, Newcastle at home (giving away the penalty) and Blackburn in the Cup where he made a mistake leading directly to a goal. I'm sure there are plenty of other opposition goals where he was partially responsible, but over the course of the season he was no worse than any of the other muppets at the back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I can't find a stat for that. If they had one I'd have reproduced it here. But being the fair-minded chap I am - off the top of my head I can think of Fulham at home, Newcastle at home (giving away the penalty) and Blackburn in the Cup where he made a mistake leading directly to a goal. I'm sure there are plenty of other opposition goals where he was partially responsible, but over the course of the season he was no worse than any of the other muppets at the back.

Fair point. I’ve just always disliked him and don’t rate him as a player. As a man he seems great but that’s not the point. I just have a lot more confidence in any of our other centre backs and would like us to use his wages to get in a better centre back. That’s all. 

Just now, Ely fox said:

Fair point. I’ve just always disliked him and don’t rate him as a player. As a man he seems great but that’s not the point. I just have a lot more confidence in any of our other centre backs and would like us to use his wages to get in a better centre back. That’s all. 

I've got no issue with anyone thinking he's not good enough, and a case can certainly be made for that.  It's a forum for opinions after all. I personally don't think he was as bad as others.

• Like 2