Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

15 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Completely agree. Excellent player to have on the bench considering he plays in about 18 positions.

There was a time at the beginning of 16/17 where we thought he was the new Kante and there was a period (before his injury) when he played right back ahead of Ricardo and he was solid there too.

He'd be useful in a back 3, but so will James Justin. Need a left footed centre half and we've plenty of options then for 4 competitions.

17 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Completely agree. Excellent player to have on the bench considering he plays in about 18 positions.

There was a time at the beginning of 16/17 where we thought he was the new Kante and there was a period (before his injury) when he played right back ahead of Ricardo and he was solid there too.

The new Kante? He might of had the odd good game but I think thats a step too far.

He was played ahead of RP before his injury to allow the flexibility of Puel changing to 3 at the back like how he started the Arsenal game.

Decent utility player to have on the Bench, but for a team finishing 5 last year we really need to push on.

image.png.30ada67b94f579d69a4ebc6b55d293da.png

Edited by HankMarvin

It is so unlikely he will return at a high level.  It was great to see him on the pitch.  I liked him as a player before his injury (despite the fact that he was a forum  scapegoat).  It would be magnificent if he did come back but I think Castagne's signing confirms that he will not have a place in the 25

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

The new Kante? He might of had the odd good game but I think thats a step too far.

He was played ahead of RP before his injury to allow the flexibility of Puel changing to 3 at the back like how he started the Arsenal game.

Decent utility player to have on the Bench, but for a team finishing 5 last year we really need to push on.

image.png.30ada67b94f579d69a4ebc6b55d293da.png

That Arsenal game was a very good performance until Puel thought it a good idea to change shape to 4atb using two subs, but only made one to start with. Arsenal fans still share the video of the second goal as though it was some kind of tiki-taka masterclass, when in actual fact Puel had just told Albrighton to play in the middle for five minutes while we waited for the second sub (Ghezzal?) to get ready!

It's great to see him take the field again. Done ok, gave the ball away a few times but tht;s to be expected when you haven't played for two years.

Loved the way he didn't dive in when he came across to cover for Knight after Knight gave the Ball away and just dealt with the situation nicely.

The Goal was a nice bonus when we were looking clueless.It's funny how life throws you a little bonus when things have not been going your way.

• Like 3

Good to see him back on the pitch for the sake of his career. But I never thought he was good enough before his injury let alone now after two years out.

Don't think he'll feature for us unless it's a low level game. Hopefully we can move him on and I would hope he can have a decent career elsewhere.