Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

As always, I’ll give credit where it’s due. Big Dan today looked much more ‘settled’ with Souttar playing alongside him.

Personally I’d be giving them a run of a few games now and would bench Faes, who looks every bit as dodgy as Amartey can be.

• Like 4

Faes makes me nervous just watching him play, goodness knows what’s it like playing alongside him. That can’t of helped Amarty, he looked much better alongside Souttar, who is a much more solid defender then Faes.

Edited by Lad1966
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lad1966 said:

Faes makes me nervous just watching him play, goodness knows what’s it like playing alongside him. That can’t of helped Amarty, he looked much better alongside Souttar, who is a much more solid defender then Faes.

I just think it looks completely obvious that Big Dan is a nervy character. He needs someone composed alongside him to calm him down. Then he just get the basics of defending right.

I agree with you completely. Playing alongside Faes must be difficult for anyone because you just don’t know what he’s going to do next.

I’m not sure he knows what he’s going to do next..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I just think it looks completely obvious that Big Dan is a nervy character. He needs someone composed alongside him to calm him down. Then he just get the basics of defending right.

I agree with you completely. Playing alongside Faes must be difficult for anyone because you just don’t know what he’s going to do next.

I’m not sure he knows what he’s going to do next..

I guess we’ll never see a defensive duo of Faes and Soyuncu. 

• 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Sly said:

https://ghanasoccernet.com/exclusive-ghana-defender-daniel-amartey-to-join-besiktas-on-a-free-transfer

Leicester City defender Daniel Amartey is set to join Turkish side Besiktas on a free transfer when his contract with the Premier League club expires in June, Ghanasoccernet can exclusively report.

Much more his level. Good luck to him.

Thanks for the memories you gave us, Dan - and the near heart-attacks. 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Sly said:

https://ghanasoccernet.com/exclusive-ghana-defender-daniel-amartey-to-join-besiktas-on-a-free-transfer

Leicester City defender Daniel Amartey is set to join Turkish side Besiktas on a free transfer when his contract with the Premier League club expires in June, Ghanasoccernet can exclusively report.

Best thing for all parties. Thanks Dan for everything. Can you take Rudders and Vesty with you??

All the best Big Dan. It's been a great run and medals all the way. 

I rated him, but he had a monstrous habit of playing really well but one single error, often minor but sometimes major, would almost always lead to a goal. Which is a bit of a bummer. 

Anyways, Stoke, Brighton last minute goals. Happy days. 

Edited by Paninistickers

Was only ever a utility player and never should have been thought of as a first team regular at the centre of our defence, will never forget the balls he played against Blackburn last season to their players right in front of our box.

Still, he was better before his leg break and he did wind the Chelsea lot up, cheerio Dan.

Edited by ithuriel

Still think overall he's given us great service in his time here.

It's not his fault he was chosen ahead of actual centre backs for long periods due to the stubbornness of that dreadful man.

Thanks for the memories, big man. Stoke Away, rustling Chelsea fans, those fleeting occasions when you suddenly looked a world class defender for one game out of ten.

Good luck in your future journey. 

:amartey: 

• Like 2

All the best Big Dan, hope he gets the respect he deserves at his new club, he had a lot more good games than bad for us and always gave 100% and put his body on the line, if all of our players had put in the effort Amartey put in last season we would had comfortably finished mid table.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dbtcity said:

2 yard side pass to Faes or an ambitious 10 yard back pass to ward 

He just lacked concentration levels. 

He’d be solid for 60 minutes, then do something daft like playing in a forward by passing the ball directly to them.

In reality, as a centre back he looked like a midfielder playing in defence.