Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NasPb

Amartey

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Loved big Dan. Always gave 100%. If everyone else had we would not have been relegated. 

Always gave 100% of the ball to the opposition. I’m glad he’s gone.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Always gave 100% of the ball to the opposition. I’m glad he’s gone.

The statistics above suggest he didn't, not a great player and even with being out of contract still seemed to give a shit despite being a very limited player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

You never watched him, he was often the only player in our team trying to progress the ball forwards. It's why I don't respect the opinion of anyone claiming Tielemans is a 'Top class midfielder' and Amartey is some kind of 'Donkey'...When they played together, Tielemans would give the ball to Amartey and pass all responsibility to the Ghanaian.

If I was given the choice between keeping either of the two for next season, it would 100% be Amartey. The one thing you couldn't throw at Amartey is a lack of commitment or ambition,  you have to be a serious hater, be completely unaware of what either means or just trying to look 'cool' by picking on an undeserving scapegoat.

I've seen plenty from Amartey to think he'd be a perfectly capable Premier League player. Probably similarly to how Morgan excelled once he had someone next to him that could organise him to play to his strengths. But when you've got a midfielder in front of you that makes it seem as though you're fielding 10 men every game, and you've got full backs either side that can't defend, then anyone would look poor. His Blackburn performance summed him up for me, I don't like the criticism he got for giving the ball away that night. Nobody in midfield or attack could get their foot on the ball, so I'm not going to criticize a centre half for having the 'ambition' and balls to actually try and help his team mates out.

If the 4th/5th choice CB is the problem....Then the 4th/5th choice CB isn't the problem.

I think you’ll find that the vast majority of Dan’s passes were not forward - his first thought was safe. However, you’re right to say that he did try and progress the ball - but I also think you’ll find that this tended to be when the opposition laid a trap to allow him to progress out and make that pass.. 

1 hour ago, FoxyLeon said:

You never watched him, he was often the only player in our team trying to progress the ball forwards. It's why I don't respect the opinion of anyone claiming Tielemans is a 'Top class midfielder' and Amartey is some kind of 'Donkey'...When they played together, Tielemans would give the ball to Amartey and pass all responsibility to the Ghanaian.

If I was given the choice between keeping either of the two for next season, it would 100% be Amartey. The one thing you couldn't throw at Amartey is a lack of commitment or ambition,  you have to be a serious hater, be completely unaware of what either means or just trying to look 'cool' by picking on an undeserving scapegoat.

I've seen plenty from Amartey to think he'd be a perfectly capable Premier League player. Probably similarly to how Morgan excelled once he had someone next to him that could organise him to play to his strengths. But when you've got a midfielder in front of you that makes it seem as though you're fielding 10 men every game, and you've got full backs either side that can't defend, then anyone would look poor. His Blackburn performance summed him up for me, I don't like the criticism he got for giving the ball away that night. Nobody in midfield or attack could get their foot on the ball, so I'm not going to criticize a centre half for having the 'ambition' and balls to actually try and help his team mates out.

If the 4th/5th choice CB is the problem....Then the 4th/5th choice CB isn't the problem.

Come off it. He's crap. He's not just a bad Premier League player, he's a terrible footballer. Never witnessed a player as uncomfortable on the ball as him. He literally has to hold his arms out to balance himself when he passes. 

Never use Morgan and Amartey in the same sentence again. That's an insult to a club legend 🤣

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

Loved big Dan. Always gave 100%. If everyone else had we would not have been relegated. 

Sarcasm yeah?

Please say yeah...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, westernpark said:

Had an excellent technique when passing ball between the lines, unfortunately let down by concentration. If he gets the correct league, he will be an effective player.

?? He only had one foot!

12 minutes ago, leicesterlad1989 said:

Come off it. He's crap. He's not just a bad Premier League player, he's a terrible footballer. Never witnessed a player as uncomfortable on the ball as him. He literally has to hold his arms out to balance himself when he passes. 

Never use Morgan and Amartey in the same sentence again. That's an insult to a club legend 🤣

Did you see Robbie Neilson play, the bloke just seemed off playing football

1 hour ago, Mr Mister said:

Glad he's gone. Not fit to wear the shirt.

I would rather have him than 75% of the rest of the shower, many who were lauded on here as world beaters until this season.

Give me a player who lacks some ability but gives 100% and never hides over so called quality players downing tools and lacking any fight.

Awful player. One of so many I’m glad to see the back of. Wouldn’t have even been good enough for the championship. 

Him starting so many games last season beautifully represented the failure of the club as a whole. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

?? He only had one foot!

And? I can’t disagree with that assessment, if it’s extended to a number of players. However, hs right foot passing between the lines, was excellent at times.

3 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

Awful player. One of so many I’m glad to see the back of. Wouldn’t have even been good enough for the championship. 

Him starting so many games last season beautifully represented the failure of the club as a whole. 

Can you describe and explain why he wasn’t good enough for the Championship? I believe your criticism is exaggerated.

Just now, westernpark said:

Can you describe and explain why he wasn’t good enough for the Championship? I believe your criticism is exaggerated.

What was he good at? He couldn’t defend, couldn’t pass the ball unless it was more than 5 years backwards. Didn’t contribute anything to the attack.

He’d have been torn to shreds in the more physical championship.