Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Safari Error

OK, this solution is the strangest thing. I found the solution on a Russian site, but now that the search terms for the solution are known you can find at some other sites.

The problem is a result of Safari holding too much local data for the site in question and failing to deal with that correctly. I use archive.org a lot so I had lots of LocalStorage and Cookie data for that site. The fact that this data is only in Safari, and none of my other browsers explains why they could browse the site just fine.

So, the solution:

Go into Safari > Preferences > Privacy
Search for "archive.org"
Click Remove
The problem goes away
Here's a video showing the problem before and after: https://imgur.com/gallery/d1P1FCi

Try this, see if it works? :dunno:

I’ve had this for chrome on my iPad. When I try to use Safari which I don’t normally use it’s saying I’ve got a add blocker on which I’ve not added and I can’t see how to take it off.

Any help appreciated.

I can access every part of the site except General Chat - whenever I click on general chat I get this message:  

(kCFErrorDomainCFNetwork error 303.)

Haven’t a clue if it’s a Safari thing though?

(started about 2 days ago for me)

Edited by oakman