Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

Midfield experienced General

11 hours ago, mad biker said:

James Milner would perfect for the job I reckon.

I rate him v highly, and he always seems to have a crucial impact against us. All-round ability, determination, resilience, experience in abundance, ultra-professional. He would be great to have in support of our rather fragile midfield.  

He must be getting close to the age, though, where his fitness will be waning as far as  a position in the midfield is concerned. (I think he would have been a great buy for us 2 or 3 years ago). And surely no way we would prize him from Liverpool.

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Out of interest: Does anyone know in 2020 how many times we have lined up with Maddison, Tielemans, and Ndidi?

From the start, the last time was the 1-1 draw with Watford. (Sa 20Jun 2020)

The time before that was the 2-1 villa cup loss Tu 28Jan 2020

And the only other time in 2020 was our win against Newcastle 3-0 on the We 01Jan 2020

So it looks like three times in nearly an entire year. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I do agree with the general gist of this thread. I think the problem becomes a lot more noticeable when we never seen to get Ndidi in the team for any decent length of time anymore. He's had a pretty torrid 2020, largely through bad luck but he was hitting levels in 2019 where I was starting to think he'd play at an elite level. It may still come but he's just had too many setbacks this year.

I do think we have a collective problem in midfield though. There's very little physicality or athleticism in that midfield and it's an issue. Even Dewsbury-Hall who is earning rave reviews at Luton is a shorarse. I've never really subscribed to the whole height argument but I do think it's becoming a more frequently exposed weakness of ours. The worst set piece side in the league statistically.

I said it in another thread but I think Doucoure would've been a decent addition for us. Someone of his ilk - a steady 7/10 player who'll chip in with 6-8 goals a season, who might actually touch the ball when we go to Anfield. 

Great post

Dacoure would have been a good signing for Leicester imo 

Guest StevieLynex
37 minutes ago, deep blue said:

I rate him v highly, and he always seems to have a crucial impact against us. All-round ability, determination, resilience, experience in abundance, ultra-professional. He would be great to have in support of our rather fragile midfield.  

He must be getting close to the age, though, where his fitness will be waning as far as  a position in the midfield is concerned. (I think he would have been a great buy for us 2 or 3 years ago). And surely no way we would prize him from Liverpool.

A bit like previous signings we have made in the past:

- Ricky Hill

- Martin Keown

- Allan Evans