Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Thracian

Value add?

About four months ago I asked what value posters would place on the City team and the verdict was £2.5/£3.5 million.

Since then Connolly has been sold for what looks likely to be £3m of which there may be £1m to come and which could reasonably be placed on our current "value" (though certainly not spent til it arrives).

Anyway, including that million, what is the current value of the squad/fringe players?

I think we might be pleasantly surprised but would be interested in what you say.

It's hard to put a figure on it but we definately have a few players that are worth money, which was never the case under Adams really.

Stearman, Wesolowski, Sheehan and Chambers are worth a few quid and alot of clubs know that already.

Hughes, McCarthy, Gerrbrand, Maybury, Nissa and Hume are also worth a decent wedge aswell.

I'd say if we sold the entire squad on a quick sale we could get £3-4 million.

Dont forget he has taken £5 million out of the wage bill as well

Anywat Thracian i thought you heted CL

You are allowed to read my posts. As I said to Babylon recently, I may be critical but that doesn't mean I want him out cos I certainly don't. Indeed, on balance I feel he's already done a great deal for the club (and have said so).

What I believe though, is that he is still a rookie manager (certainly in English football) and I would like him to evolve to be more attack minded (something I believe is happening at last).

Indeed, in the long term, it is the only way he will ever take City back to being a successful Premiership side and for him to truly take his place as one of the legendary Leicester managers.

There are one or two of us determined to keep him focused in that direction - and any hands to that particular pump would be welcome.

Under the old transfer system, we`d get 20/30 mill or more, but now its a wild guess between nothing and 10mill.

I mean, connolly was worth what, 500k - 1 mill, but we got 2/3 mill.

de lump is worth £1.00, but if a prem team got desperate (and they`d have to be) we might get £1.01p lol i mean £1,000,000 or more. Then we could have the biggest firework display the planet has ever seen :)

Under the old transfer system, we`d get 20/30 mill or more, but now its a wild guess between nothing and 10mill.

de lump is worth £1.00, but if a prem team got desperate (and they`d have to be) we might get £1.01p lol i mean £1,000,000 or more. Then we could have the biggest firework display the planet has ever seen :)

I DO wish you'd let your good humour come out more :):):):).

How about for Children in need you try and go a whole week without slating Mark De Vries? Id sponser u

lol

How about for Children in need you try and go a whole week without slating Mark De Vries? Id sponser u

lol

Its surely impossible, but a charity more to do with English children perhaps, yes. Im not helping them foreign lumps whilst our kids go goal hungry ;)

Its surely impossible, but a charity more to do with English children perhaps, yes. Im not helping them foreign lumps whilst our kids go goal hungry ;)

Somebody has a bit to much football on the brain.

Well we cant write to the bbc saying please make sure all Lushes money stays in the uk as he doensnt want to help "them foreign lumps" Lmao

A player is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

For a quick sale I reckon as below:

NAME EST VALUE

Douglas 0.2

Maybury 0.2

Kisnorbo 0.2

Hughes 0.2

McCarthy 0.25

Williams 0.4

Sylla 0.2

Hume 0.25

Dublin 0

De Vries 0.2

Tiatto 0.1

Gilbert 0.1

Henderson 0.1

Wilcox 0

Johansson 0.5

Gud'son 0.2

Stearman 0.3

Hammond 0.1

Morris 0

Sheehan 0.25

Hamill 0.25

Gerrbrand 0.5

O Grady 0

Wright 0

Logan 0

Dodds 0

Porter 0

Weslowski 0.3

Graham 0

Smedley 0

Chambers 0.3

TOTAL 5.1 Million

Well, taking Ric Flair's median squad value as £3.5m and adding the Connolly million makes £4.5million.

Assuming the £5m shedding of wages falters a bit in January to, say, £4million and allowing a reduction in gate receipts due to our first half of season restructuring/negativity/whatever knocks a further £1.5 million off, Levein still shows a positive contribution rated at around £7million.

Despite the wage cuts, the team has not slipped further down the table, is presently in a decent run of results and appears in most people's eyes to be far more promising (and certainly a lot younger).

If I carry on like this I'll be writing the guy's CV but it does put his contribution into some sort of context and offers a much more healthy outlook. We certainly have more assets even if we could do with a couple more soon.

Some where along the line this thread went rather wrong

Yes and i lay blame at you, when you started talking about football :thumbup:

The clubs looking financially sound Thrach, which is why it would make business sense to spend wigans mill in january.

Its hard to put a price on it because some players are out of contract in the summer, and the transfer market is pretty shit atm. not many clubs have a great amount of money. But im guessing its about £2-3m but mainly because of the youngsters and the young squad we have!

NAME EST VALUE

Douglas 0.2

Maybury 0.2

Kisnorbo 0.2

Hughes 0.2

McCarthy 0.25

Williams 0.4

Sylla 0.2

Hume 0.25

Dublin 0

De Vries 0.2

Tiatto 0.1

Gilbert 0.1

Henderson 0.1

Wilcox 0

Johansson 0.5

Gud'son 0.2

Stearman 0.3

Hammond 0.1

Morris 0

Sheehan 0.25

Hamill 0.25

Gerrbrand 0.5

O Grady 0

Wright 0

Logan 0

Dodds 0

Porter 0

Weslowski 0.3

Graham 0

Smedley 0

Chambers 0.3

TOTAL 5.1 Million

I'm not going to nitpick over individual valuations but nothing you have written seems excessively optimistic or unrealistic, indeed it is probably rather cautious in some instances, but it is surprising how well it adds up.

Without doubt certain of the players: Stearman, Wesolowski, Sheehan, Chambers, Gerrbrand, probably Hume on the rating you've given are likely to be appreciating assets as well.

What a change in 12 months considering, as Ric Flair pointed out, we had nothing by way of worthwhile assets under Mickey Adams.

Taking your values that would make Levein's effect worth £8.5 million - and Leicester City much more viable as a business proposition.

It certainly makes me optimistic for the future even if I would like to see him using our appreciating assets a bit more.

Yes and i lay blame at you, when you started talking about football :thumbup:

The clubs looking financially sound Thrach, which is why it would make business sense to spend wigans mill in january.

I didnt start talking about football, simply stated a way in which you could raise money for starving children and go a whole week withoug sounding stupid on at least one subject. :thumbup: two birds with one stone.

It may be a bit early but conrgatulations on ur most Controversial poster of the year award.

Seems like they have found a poltie way of saying you talk s*it.

NAME EST VALUE

Douglas 0.2

Maybury 0.2

Kisnorbo 0.2

Hughes 0.2

McCarthy 0.25

Williams 0.4

Sylla 0.2

Hume 0.25

Dublin 0

De Vries 0.2

Tiatto 0.1

Gilbert 0.1

Henderson 0.1

Wilcox 0

Johansson 0.5

Gud'son 0.2

Stearman 0.3

Hammond 0.1

Morris 0

Sheehan 0.25

Hamill 0.25

Gerrbrand 0.5

O Grady 0

Wright 0

Logan 0

Dodds 0

Porter 0

Weslowski 0.3

Graham 0

Smedley 0

Chambers 0.3

TOTAL 5.1 Million

SO YOUR SAYING THAT WILLIAMS IS OUR 2ND MOST VALUABLE PLAYER MONEY WISE AND GERRBRAND 1ST.....I DONT THINK SO

It may be a bit early but conrgatulations on ur most Controversial poster of the year award.

Im the most controversial poster? wicked!! That will be the top prize then, as no one else could possibly of had the brains to write the truths like me.

Oh yah, Oh yah...ladies and gentleman of Leicester and the surrounding areas, the truth is power, be as controversial as possible, that is the future policy of life.

I thank you **applause, more, MORE**

Ok, my good people. I advise those who care to listen, that listening to those who toe the lcfc line of thought, can seriously damage your health. Yes, like the warning on a packet of fags, the cancerous spew spoken by over paid "execs.." is designed to fool you into spending your hard earned, and like people who smoke 20 a day, you become hooked with glossy brochers and electronic literature.

How long before the next game....lol

Thracian

you make a good point saying

" Despite the wage cuts, the team has not slipped further down the table, is presently in a decent run of results and appears in most people's eyes to be far more promising" (Clearly a devloping team)

:thumbup::thumbup:

Lush with his statement

"Ok, my good people. I advise those who care to listen, that listening to those who toe the lcfc line of thought, can seriously damage your health. Yes, like the warning on a packet of fags, the cancerous spew spoken by over paid "execs.." is designed to fool you into spending your hard earned, and like people who smoke 20 a day, you become hooked with glossy brochers and electronic literature."

Brings the very tone of the debate into perspective. The cancer that T@#$%r, Bassett and Adams set into our team has now being eliminated and we are on the road to a healthy recovery.........its a long road but we are on it.......I have the patients and the will to watch our team develop, do you Lush? :huh:

MadMick

I have the patients and the will to watch our team develop, do you Lush?

Im struggling, but i`ll be fine.

Its not the footballing side of city thats particuly cancerous, but those in suits who have titles like cheif exec. They spew this endlessly vile blagging technique they know will fool thousands of people, posters like Lisa and FT, who think there making a difference by toeing the lcfc line (disrespecting sth`s).

...wheres my bed, night all.

Archived