Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

iRacing

2 hours ago, Trumpet said:

I’ve not noticed a dedicated thread to iRacing but there must be a few out there that play? I’ve been a member for a month or so now and loving it!

Always wanted to give it a go, I even have a playseat challenge and a good wheel, but just can't find the time. Aside from the steep learning curve, the game is also quite costly if you want to unlock tracks and cars, not to mention the subscriptions...

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Always wanted to give it a go, I even have a playseat challenge and a good wheel, but just can't find the time. Aside from the steep learning curve, the game is also quite costly if you want to unlock tracks and cars, not to mention the subscriptions...

Yeah it definitely can get expensive. So far I’ve spent about £25 (subscription aside) on the Audi RS3 and Brands Hatch. If you focus on a particular series in the 12 week seasons they run them the costs are a bit easier to stomach. I reckon with just the subscription and the base package there’s enough there to enjoy. Well worth a punt when they run an offer on subscription fees.

• Like 1

So played it pretty much all of today and yesterday and really enjoyed it. Stuck to the mx-5 as didn't want to commit to any purchases, but now I'm hooked I stumped up for the Skip Barber which adds some nice variety. 

Played it safe as suggested and got out of Rookie. Getting absolutely battered in most races, but can see gradual improvement in my times. Will keep going though, good fun. 

1 hour ago, Zear0 said:

So played it pretty much all of today and yesterday and really enjoyed it. Stuck to the mx-5 as didn't want to commit to any purchases, but now I'm hooked I stumped up for the Skip Barber which adds some nice variety. 

Played it safe as suggested and got out of Rookie. Getting absolutely battered in most races, but can see gradual improvement in my times. Will keep going though, good fun. 

Skip Barber is awesome fun. One of my favourite memories from my iRacing days.

Been a long time since I last hooked up the wheel and pedals. Miss it and keep thinking I'll get back to it one day.

14 hours ago, Zear0 said:

I thought getting out of rookies was the key to cleaner racing, but D class is often just as messy lol.

My plan is to focus on the MX-5 in the Sim-Lab Production Car Challenge series and stay out of trouble until I can get promoted to C class. I’m hoping the next step up really is the start of some cleaner racing, it’s frustrating having to go into corners wincing and waiting for someone to spin me. 

Glad you’re enjoying it though. I don’t think you’d need to pile much money in to keep enjoying it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 26/03/2021 at 02:44, Beliall said:

Yeah i play almost every day, been a member for 6 years. even run my own team if you want to get involved in the endurance events. if you have any questions, post away

Do you have a discord?

• 7 months later...

Dusted off the wheel and had a few races this week. After many close ones, and some brutal wipe outs, finally got my first W of 2022 in the Formula Vee at Brands Hatch. 

Everytime I come back to this I wonder why I don't play it more. Superb stuff

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Trumpet said:

Not had much time for it recently, but picked up some HE Sprints the other day and they’ve done the business tonight 

Nice one, looks like you were smashing the lap times there.  Incidentally, is that the RaceLabs overlay bottom left? I've just installed them and they're superb.

7 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Nice one, looks like you were smashing the lap times there.  Incidentally, is that the RaceLabs overlay bottom left? I've just installed them and they're superb.

I ended up in the lowest split with a strength of field of 1k so I’ve probably been made to look better than I am :D

Yeah I’m running RaceLabs overlays, they’re brilliant. I’m in VR so I don’t see them in my headset, only afterwards on my streams, but it’s really useful to see the telemetry.

26 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Nice race. I've finally, after much procrastination, pulled the trigger on the CSL DD. Can't wait now

Nice! Have you gone for the 5nm or 8nm? I’m on a t150 wheel at the moment, so upgrading it is next on my list.

1 hour ago, Trumpet said:

Nice! Have you gone for the 5nm or 8nm? I’m on a t150 wheel at the moment, so upgrading it is next on my list.

Gone for the 8. Everywhere I'd read/watched recommend it so went for it. It is good though that it's a plug in extra so people can see if the 5 is suitable for them and upgrade if required.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2022 at 19:19, Zear0 said:

Gone for the 8. Everywhere I'd read/watched recommend it so went for it. It is good though that it's a plug in extra so people can see if the 5 is suitable for them and upgrade if required.

Nice, you’ll have to let us know how you get on with it. It’s going to be my next purchase, I just daren’t let the boss know yet lol

23 hours ago, Beliall said:

Touring cars are my jam this season, pilot challenge has been great in hyundai, hit 3k this week too :)

Touring cars is a brilliant series with the three cars now. Was much needed!

• Like 1

Gave up a win the other day. Rear ended someone so felt right at the time to give the place back (13:40). Watched the replay from the chase view since and the guy braked much earlier than I expected. Still a decent IR boost with 2nd place.

• Like 1