Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS - Cup Final Tickets and Travel

19 minutes ago, Livid said:

The only way I could see the validation working, and I think it’s a total bluff,  is they physically stamped your ticket on getting the coach.  Then If you then turned up at the outer check at Wembley with an unstamped ticket and a ID with an LE postcode, they could turn you away. That’s not an option as they ran out of coach spaces and sold on a ticket only basis. 

It works with say a passport check/check in at an airport - they calculate the number expected on the plane and then this is backed up at the departure desk. That’s all off the barcode of your ticket. Two checks - the number remains the same 

That said I can’t see the two ‘systems’ of LCFC and Wembley working in the same manner 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

On 09/05/2021 at 17:47, Freeman's Wharfer said:

No one is arguing that the club has been obligated to have 3,600 on coaches. The issue is how they approached that.

Had they come out and said “we have 3,600 tickets that have to have coach travel with them so that leaves 2,650 tickets that can go by other means and the choice of transport mode will be offered on a first come first served basis” then no one could have taken issue.

Knowing that the majority might not want coach travel they could have made it too good to refuse with a genuine subsidy at £10-20 a ticket or even free travel. I appreciate LCFC is a business but let’s not forget that the club is making money through prize money and ticket sales by being in this final. It could have been a big gesture at what has been a difficult time for many.

Instead, they chose to hide behind the government mandate, actually deceive fans by saying the criteria was postcode based and hoodwink their most loyal fans who had the highest priority into paying £45 for a coach ticket as well.

I often find that people who fail to understand what the issue is - such as @Sean2000 in this thread - look at this as an isolated issue rather than part of the bigger picture which includes things such as how football fans are treated by the club/government, people’s basic liberties and organisations being held to account for mistruths and deception (which I know isn’t very en vogue at the moment).

Seriously. Some people always want to complain about something.

Moaning about how this club treats its fans? Give yer head a wobble 🤦‍♂️ Accusing them of mistruths and deception? Embarrassing. 

If I had the chance of getting a ticket and going to this game I would crawl on broken glass to do it. For those who have tickets and are moaning...shut the feck up. I dont have a ticket and have to watch it on TV. And to the City fan who got six tickets.......HOW???????/

19 hours ago, drew said:

Suspect it's not possible.

The condition of sale from the FA does not state anything about validation or travel method.

It's entirely possible. You can scan tickets when people get on the coach, and only allow people into the ground whose tickets were so scanned. Airports (for example) do this. 

Whether they will do this is anyone's guess. They are clearly implying that they will but who knows?