Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS - Cup Final Tickets and Travel

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

From what I hear, pubs around Wembley will be closed to prevent an influx of fans and adhere to social distancing measures. So travel down by car or train doesn't make much difference to how you get there and how free you are to do what you want to do.

You've heard wrong. The pubs are open but just largely booked out by Chelsea fans. Plus, it's London - other easily-accessible areas exist with pubs.

It's not just about being able to have a drink or freedom to have a wander around though. There are plenty of ridiculous examples of people in Harborough, Hinckley and so on having to travel north just to go back south again, and having to fork out extra travel costs as a result, in addition to the £45 coach fare.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

You've heard wrong. The pubs are open but just largely booked out by Chelsea fans. Plus, it's London - other easily-accessible areas exist with pubs.

It's not just about being able to have a drink or freedom to have a wander around though. There are plenty of ridiculous examples of people in Harborough, Hinckley and so on having to travel north just to go back south again, and having to fork out extra travel costs as a result, in addition to the £45 coach fare.

Have we got a pub allocated to us or have Chelsea got them all ?

2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

Have we got a pub allocated to us or have Chelsea got them all ?

There's no formal split but a few people have tried the Green Man, which would be "ours" in normal circumstances, and have been told it's been booked up for weeks before the ticket situation was announced.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I don't know where that's come from, i went onto the torch website when we beat southampton, just to see, and they weren't taking bookings from 12.15 to 6.30, and it was still the same before the tickets came out.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

I don't know where that's come from, i went onto the torch website when we beat southampton, just to see, and they weren't taking bookings from 12.15 to 6.30, and it was still the same before the tickets came out.

Maybe they'll just operate a walk-in only policy on the day then.

23 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

As well as potentially being herded straight into the ground upon arrival, which as you full well know isn’t for everyone. The problem a lot of people have now is they’ve paid £45 for something they don’t particularly want, and knowing plenty of people are travelling down by their own means could do so themselves but at more expense to themselves. 

The whole uproar about it all is the clarity over the situation which has been mentioned. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Can I just ask what you moral objection to going on a coach was.

I got a ticket... so a £45 coach is cheaper than the petrol and parking if I drive to Wembley.  I can see that for groups it would be more expensive by coach

.. but this is economic not moral

The moral objections are clearly that LE based fans have been forced \ coeerced \ bribed \ pressured in to being medical guinea pigs, it's not how medical consent should work. If the club had sold the tickets as batch A with coach travel and batch B without regardless of location that would have been ethically fairer on those fans with the most points who come from LE postcodes. 

It's not an economic argument at all for me. My mate is one of the lucky 200 odd that got a ticket without the coach, so he will have to drive anyway. I would gladly give up my place on the coach without a refund in order to travel safely in a car with someone in my bubble who has had a vaccine rather than on a coach. I am prepared to take the risk and go on the coach. I would have bought one of the ticket and coach packages if the ticket only packages had sold out, that doesn't mean the club haven't dropped an ethical bollock in how they've sorted this out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Bert said:

As well as potentially being herded straight into the ground upon arrival, which as you full well know isn’t for everyone. The problem a lot of people have now is they’ve paid £45 for something they don’t particularly want, and knowing plenty of people are travelling down by their own means could do so themselves but at more expense to themselves. 

The whole uproar about it all is the clarity over the situation which has been mentioned. 

So your saying that even though some of us have paid for a coach, we can actually drive down?

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So your saying that even though some of us have paid for a coach, we can actually drive down?

Yep. How are they going to stop it? 

7 minutes ago, Duncan_K said:

The moral objections are clearly that LE based fans have been forced \ coeerced \ bribed \ pressured in to being medical guinea pigs, it's not how medical consent should work. If the club had sold the tickets as batch A with coach travel and batch B without regardless of location that would have been ethically fairer on those fans with the most points who come from LE postcodes. 

It's not an economic argument at all for me. My mate is one of the lucky 200 odd that got a ticket without the coach, so he will have to drive anyway. I would gladly give up my place on the coach without a refund in order to travel safely in a car with someone in my bubble who has had a vaccine rather than on a coach. I am prepared to take the risk and go on the coach. I would have bought one of the ticket and coach packages if the ticket only packages had sold out, that doesn't mean the club haven't dropped an ethical bollock in how they've sorted this out. 

As well come next august, people are going to travel how they want. Surely it would’ve been a more logical way of testing it. Let people travel how they want. It’s the herding of people in a close space that’s going to be an issue. There’s less chance of people spreading a virus when 4 people are in a car than when 25 people are on public transport. 

• Like 2

I get people are annoyed by it. But surely if you have paid £45 out already you just go on the coach? Or is the coaches not cool enough for some? would love to be able just to chuck £45 away. 

Edited by goose2010

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Yep. How are they going to stop it? 

Well its claimed they may cancel match tickets if you don't show up for the bus. How likely it is that the club are going to scan/validate each match ticket as people board I don't know. Really not sure if to risk it myself.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bart said:

Well its claimed they may cancel match tickets if you don't show up for the bus. How likely it is that the club are going to scan/validate each match ticket as people board I don't know. Really not sure if to risk it myself.

Highley unlikely Leicester will have a system in place to cancel match tickets on the day 

I am a big fan of Union FS - I have always sent money for the tiffo etc.

IMO mithering about the fact that the club had to renege on insisting that everyone (LE) had to buy a coach seat is cock up not conspiracy. 

There are big question to ask about where the rest of the tickets went and  why the away ticket rules were used for a neutral ground event.  

In the same way we embraced the Madrid by coach jaunt then at some point we will laugh about this.

Edited by foxinsocks

36 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I get people are annoyed by it. But surely if you have paid £45 out already you just go on the coach? Or is the coaches not cool enough for some? would love to be able just to chuck £45 away. 

Because not everyone has had to get the coach, I suspect many can ride with people who are driving down anyway. So although the £45 will be written off there isn't really any extra cost, and it'll be a lot more convenient to travel together.

39 minutes ago, bart said:

But the club won’t be scanning tickets as entry into the stadium. How can they stop that? For all they know said person could’ve felt unwell and not have been able to travel. 

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

There are big question to ask about where the rest of the tickets went and  why the away ticket rules were used for a neutral ground event.  

So we should have had a ballot of all ST holders, or perhaps anyone that has ever worn something blue?

The club have made a mistake here, albeit an annoying one for many people.

But I don't think for a minute they've done it deliberately. The rules they have to play by during Covid times are not the most simple.

FWIW, Cutting the club a little slack now and again doesn't mean you worship everything they say and do while wearing nothing but blue tinted specs.

• Like 3