Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS - Cup Final Tickets and Travel

37 minutes ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

Has the club / lcfchelp got back to anyone yet? 

No, I emailed lcfchelp on Saturday and not heard anything back.

They will be trying to come up with what there response to everyone will be

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Just had the offer of taking the socially distanced coach with the Tigers to Twickenham for £35 I’m going by car anyway but....

“Please note that all buses will have a maximum capacity of 25 people and will comply with all Government Social Distancing rules. This means that all toilets on board will be unavailable for public use.“

Doing 2 x 15 minute rest stops instead. 

So if someone in your group were forced to take the bus, and you were driving yourself and happened to stop at the same services (by sheer coincidence), at the exact same time (what are the odds!). Then what would there be to stop them mindlessly getting into your car for the remainder of the journey.....

Purely theoretically of course

1 hour ago, mrgarrison16 said:

So if someone in your group were forced to take the bus, and you were driving yourself and happened to stop at the same services (by sheer coincidence), at the exact same time (what are the odds!). Then what would there be to stop them mindlessly getting into your car for the remainder of the journey.....

Purely theoretically of course

There’s going to be armed covid marshals on each coach to enforce the law. 

Edited by GlennyFox55
  • Haha 2

The English ability to "queue" is being exploited in this circumstance.

If everyone that is opposed to the coach fiasco decides to make their own way down and walk on up to the gate with their ticket. What are they going to do?

Its time groups recognised their power and began exploiting it.

49 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

This won’t be a popular view... but the club have apologised and as such we just need to move on ! 

seriously 🤦‍♂️

No they need to refund those who want alternative transport 

• Like 1

I’m often quite critical of the club but I have had explained to me here that they feared the coach situation may have lead to a good thousand of non Leicestershire based fans having to travel for a coach. In particular there are a good number of London based fans. 

They haven’t been helped by the government in slightest. The govt won’t give any reasoning behind the decisions they have made or the organisation they have laid out. A quite a few of the questions people are asking, LCFC have been told an answer to say but they don’t know it for themselves. 

There is some genuine regret on the way they phrased the coach situation. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Burmesefox said:

For those saying 'what's the problem?'. Here's my take on it. 

1. If the law is the law then fair enough. However, the MP for Charnwood communicated with the Sports minister and he is seemingly saying that there is no government insistance that any fans have to travel by organised coach. Now, we are talking about Tories here so he may be wrong but it sounds like the club blatantly lied. If they lied, then this is misrepresentation  at point of sale. Coach travel plus ticket actually falls under the Package travel regulations 2015/18 - you are entitled to seek redress. I would say that we are entitled to demand they cancel the coach ticket with a full refund 

2. For people such as me that live 5 mins walk from Harborough train station I am having to get a taxi north to bus south and do the reverse on the way back. That is adding £80 on to my coach ticket. This is a much longer journey, covering more miles and time and in a less covid secure environment. If I was training it I can be in london from my doorstep in 55 mins and at wembley 30 mins later. With the coach from my house it will take more like 5-6 hours all told allowing for logistics. Getting back to saffron lane at 11pm with 3500 others and trying to get a taxi home? God knows how that will pan out. 

3. As the club was able to identify postcodes why didn't they use that information to organise coaches from Harborugh, Oakham, Melton, Loughborough, Coalville, Lutterworth, Hinckley, Oadby, Birstall, City centre etc etc.

4. Why are coaches unallocated? This is madness and will lead to trouble at the grounds as people attempt to sit together in groups. 3500 and Ive been told by teh club that no coaches will take more than 25 pax. That then is a minimum of 140 coaches. This will be carnage.

5. We have been told just turn up at 10.30 onwards. So, 3500 descend on the KP at 10.30. Given safe distancing of 2m apart that is a 7km queue.

6. Communication has been and remains totally shambolic. i have not had my tickets or any firm communication about logistics. This gives me no confidence in how the issue has been handled and I wouldn't be surprised is some people dont arrive at Wembley until a very short while before KO having arrived at the KP at 10.30am.

Point one you mention what an MP has said.

So who would you believe, an MP or our club? 

I refuse to vote because politicians are full of lies. Let’s look at all the lies we hear from them over the years, the cover ups etc, then  look at our club and then decide who you would believe.

We are not whiter than white, I know that, but I would trust what our club said over a government official whatever way he swings. Red or blue they are all the same.

I am not having it that our club made all this up for profit. Absolute tosh. Also Man City had to have a certain travel arrangement and so I am pretty sure we would too.

Let’s look at the profit of the coaches, it’s not exactly a fortune, not worth telling porkies about. Also they give us Wembley packs and send them all out, can’t see they would do that and decide to deceive us.

Not having it one bit. Error of judgement on how it was communicated, but I would be sure we have to comply to travel arrangements 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob1742 said:

Point one you mention what an MP has said.

So who would you believe, an MP or our club? 

I refuse to vote because politicians are full of lies. Let’s look at all the lies we hear from them over the years, the cover ups etc, then  look at our club and then decide who you would believe.

We are not whiter than white, I know that, but I would trust what our club said over a government official whatever way he swings. Red or blue they are all the same.

I am not having it that our club made all this up for profit. Absolute tosh. Also Man City had to have a certain travel arrangement and so I am pretty sure we would too.

Let’s look at the profit of the coaches, it’s not exactly a fortune, not worth telling porkies about. Also they give us Wembley packs and send them all out, can’t see they would do that and decide to deceive us.

Not having it one bit. Error of judgement on how it was communicated, but I would be sure we have to comply to travel arrangements 

Out of interest, will you be travelling on the official Club coaches?

3 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Out of interest, will you be travelling on the official Club coaches?

No, I’ve got a box so am travelling by car.  

However after wanting to see my team play in an FA Cup final for decades I’d be happy to go down by any means of travel. 

I also think there would be many thousand season ticket holders without a ticket who would gladly take the coach 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Voice of reason @Rob1742 :appl:

I think @Burmesefoxpost was more reasonable to be honest. Did you say you are in a box for this? Sounds like you and Rob might have a lady and the tramp moment over a prawn sarnie lol 

The argument that people who aren’t going would be more than happy to take the coach annoys me. I don’t think anyone is saying that when put with a choice of these travel arrangements or nothing they wouldn’t go. We have all bought tickets after being told it’s the only way we could see City in a cup final and that turned out to be a lie.

Its a lie that, as Burmese Fox puts above,  has made people’s lives pretty difficult.

On the subject of coach travel, can you not see that 3500 unallocated coach seating is going to be a mess at either end? Not a chance the last coaching leaving has 25 on it, I’d put money on it being full due to cock ups.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Rob1742 said:

This thread reminds me of how people really are. So we have the best owners, we have the best team in my lifetime, we are achieving the impossible.

Then an error is made and people jump straight at them. Doesn’t matter if the situation is difficult, just have a go, ram the point home that it isn’t to your liking.

I’ve got a ticket, I am very lucky, I’d be happy to go by coach, I’d be happy to do anything I could to watch my team, but no, let’s go at the club for an error of judgment. 

I’ll be honest I am not bothered by the error in judgment one bit. It’s exactly what it is, an error made when decision time is short.

Have some sympathy, have a bit of respect for the club that do more for you than any other club in the PL. Give them a bit of support back rather than try and ram it down their throats and moan. 

You are very lucky who our owners are and how well we are treated as fans in comparison, so just have a think before you start having a go

:appl:

• Like 1

Get on the fecking coach if your lucky enough to have a ticket and stop whining.

It's not the end of the world ffs.

If your really that unhappy then go by car and take the risk. Surely it's not THAT hard and worthy of getting into such a tis

• Like 3

Looking back in 52 years time with your Grandson on your knee reflecting how we had won the FA cup for the first of 20 times.

”Did you go to the game Gramps”

”Yes Dwayne’ I was there”

”Tell me about it....I want a story”

”Well, had the best owners we or any club could ever wish for. Took us to levels we could only ever dream of, as fans we were envied”

“Vichai had a dream and achieved that dream but sadly lost his life realising it”

”Amazing 💙 but tell me about Wembley Gramps you must have been so lucky and enjoyed it especially when the world was turned upside down due to Covid 19, was it worse than Covid 297?”

”Don't get me started on Wembley Dwayne!! I moaned incessantly like your Grandma with toothache for two weeks as the nasty horrible club had the audacity to charge £100, price of half a beer now for top tickets and we got to ride on a bus, we were treated like kings on the day”

''On reflection your Gramps may have reacted like an unappreciative snowflake Dwayne''

''God Save King Harry'' '' Up the Blues''

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Burmesefox said:

2. For people such as me that live 5 mins walk from Harborough train station I am having to get a taxi north to bus south and do the reverse on the way back. That is adding £80 on to my coach ticket. This is a much longer journey, covering more miles and time and in a less covid secure environment. If I was training it I can be in london from my doorstep in 55 mins and at wembley 30 mins later. With the coach from my house it will take more like 5-6 hours all told allowing for logistics. Getting back to saffron lane at 11pm with 3500 others and trying to get a taxi home? God knows how that will pan out. 

Catch the train to Leicester.   That'll save you half the taxi fare.