Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS - Cup Final Tickets and Travel

1 hour ago, Sean2000 said:

There's a couple of things here that puzzle me. Firstly the suggestion no one else has had to do this. My understanding is Man City fans had the same thing for the Carabao cup final.

Secondly, the club had no option on the coach travel issue. It was a government stipulation for its test event. Like it or not, it wasn't within the clubs power to change that requirement. 

Criticism for the sake of it is counter productive. What I'd like to hear from the authors/supporters of this letter is what they would have had the club do differently? Because from what I can see, the club didn't have too much say re coaches and there wasn't much they could have done differently. 

The only thing they could legitimately be pulled up for was using away points to decide prioritisation. But then again, whatever system you use will result in some supporters being hard done to. Folks might not agree with using away points, but it was certainly no less reasonable than any of the alternatives (he says, speaking as someone who missed out).

It was within the clubs power to be honest about how many people they required to travel by official coaches without causing unnecessary disruption and in some cases, even resulted in loyal fans missing out on attending altogether.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It was within the clubs power to be honest about how many people they required to travel by official coaches without causing unnecessary disruption and in some cases, even resulted in loyal fans missing out on attending altogether.

Absolutely. I think their fear was that everyone would just hold back and wait until the coaches were sold out. The point is, on the original press release the statement said that all supporters from an LE postcode must travel by official coach travel. I’ve been very fortunate that i stood by my morals and refused to go on the official coach but now have a ticket able to travel by car. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

No one is arguing that the club has been obligated to have 3,600 on coaches. The issue is how they approached that.

Had they come out and said “we have 3,600 tickets that have to have coach travel with them so that leaves 2,650 tickets that can go by other means and the choice of transport mode will be offered on a first come first served basis” then no one could have taken issue.

Knowing that the majority might not want coach travel they could have made it too good to refuse with a genuine subsidy at £10-20 a ticket or even free travel. I appreciate LCFC is a business but let’s not forget that the club is making money through prize money and ticket sales by being in this final. It could have been a big gesture at what has been a difficult time for many.

Instead, they chose to hide behind the government mandate, actually deceive fans by saying the criteria was postcode based and hoodwink their most loyal fans who had the highest priority into paying £45 for a coach ticket as well.

I often find that people who fail to understand what the issue is - such as @Sean2000 in this thread - look at this as an isolated issue rather than part of the bigger picture which includes things such as how football fans are treated by the club/government, people’s basic liberties and organisations being held to account for mistruths and deception (which I know isn’t very en vogue at the moment).

Spot on mate 

I think everyone understands this is a test event with restrictions and there was nothing the club could do about that, but I wonder if anyone even tried to push back at the idea of making half the allocation going by coach mandatory - purely for data purposes. They must have known a lot of people would be put out or off completely for a host of different reasons by this, including most importantly the risk of transmission on the coach! And I'm no scientist but I can't really see how the data is going to be that useful.

10 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

This isant a great situation but could he go on the coach and you travel down on your own? I know it’s a bummer but he would be safer then going alone 

Nope I said that and they said the names on the coach ticket cannot be changed either. I am going to the store to.orrow in person there has to be something someone can do its disgusting 

8 hours ago, singh85 said:

Nope I said that and they said the names on the coach ticket cannot be changed either. I am going to the store to.orrow in person there has to be something someone can do its disgusting 

Yes it is especially as there are now fans going on there own and not on the coaches. 

£100 or so for a decent ticket and travel on such a momentous day? is it really worth this amount of pant wetting and whinging 

Many of LE residents have proved over the past 14+ months with their thick and/or defiant Covid approach that they can't be trusted to make their own way to the capitol and run amok coughing and wheezing, we were always going to be a special extreme case given the epicentre status and reputation. 

The vast majority are happy and appreciative of the arrangements during extreme times.  

I read similar moans about paying £70 (wow) deposit as a token of commitment to retain season tickets and isn't this the group that were campaigning to boot out/ evict season tickets holders from their footie 'homes' with zero consideration so they can be closer together to have a sing-song? 

Reeks of hypocrisy, lack of understanding and appreciation and whilst loud doesn't represent the views of many.

Enjoy the game  

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

No one is arguing that the club has been obligated to have 3,600 on coaches. The issue is how they approached that.

Had they come out and said “we have 3,600 tickets that have to have coach travel with them so that leaves 2,650 tickets that can go by other means and the choice of transport mode will be offered on a first come first served basis” then no one could have taken issue.

Knowing that the majority might not want coach travel they could have made it too good to refuse with a genuine subsidy at £10-20 a ticket or even free travel. I appreciate LCFC is a business but let’s not forget that the club is making money through prize money and ticket sales by being in this final. It could have been a big gesture at what has been a difficult time for many.

Instead, they chose to hide behind the government mandate, actually deceive fans by saying the criteria was postcode based and hoodwink their most loyal fans who had the highest priority into paying £45 for a coach ticket as well.

I often find that people who fail to understand what the issue is - such as @Sean2000 in this thread - look at this as an isolated issue rather than part of the bigger picture which includes things such as how football fans are treated by the club/government, people’s basic liberties and organisations being held to account for mistruths and deception (which I know isn’t very en vogue at the moment).

I think this nails it. 

40 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

£100 or so for a decent ticket and travel on such a momentous day? is it really worth this amount of pant wetting and whinging 

Many of LE residents have proved over the past 14+ months with their thick and/or defiant Covid approach that they can't be trusted to make their own way to the capitol and run amok coughing and wheezing, we were always going to be a special extreme case given the epicentre status and reputation. 

The vast majority are happy and appreciative of the arrangements during extreme times.  

I read similar moans about paying £70 (wow) deposit as a token of commitment to retain season tickets and isn't this the group that were campaigning to boot out/ evict season tickets holders from their footie 'homes' with zero consideration so they can be closer together to have a sing-song? 

Reeks of hypocrisy, lack of understanding and appreciation and whilst loud doesn't represent the views of many.

Enjoy the game  

Thoughts on those who HAVE followed the rules the last 14 months and £100 IS a lot of money to be treated like cattle? What about those for whom watching City is the only thing they spend their money on, whereby £70 is a lot of money when they pay for their ST via Direct Debit?

You're happy to let the club do whatever they want without any ramifications? Don't you want any accountability? Trust? What happens when they start charging £150 deposit for a ST and £200 ticket and travel next time? 

Edited by walkerleeds
  • Like 4

15 hours ago, Bert said:

Absolutely. I think their fear was that everyone would just hold back and wait until the coaches were sold out. The point is, on the original press release the statement said that all supporters from an LE postcode must travel by official coach travel. I’ve been very fortunate that i stood by my morals and refused to go on the official coach but now have a ticket able to travel by car. 

Can I just ask what you moral objection to going on a coach was.

I got a ticket... so a £45 coach is cheaper than the petrol and parking if I drive to Wembley.  I can see that for groups it would be more expensive by coach

.. but this is economic not moral

50 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Enjoy the game  

Wow to you, not to many who've had hours cut, been furloughed, taken pay cuts in these times. To be asked to pay £70 for potentially no return at all (remember no refund was being offered in the case of no play this season) was outrageous and a genuine dilemma for many. You wouldn't put up with it as the customer of a business, so why should you put up with it a the billionaire-owned football club you support?

I guess you're right though, fans should just understand and appreciate being publicly lied to by the club they support - something the club has now admitted!

Edited by Voll Blau

46 minutes ago, HEGGSY said:

Honestly believe the title win has warped some people's views on how the club is run. People find stuff like this and the season ticket retention thing, acceptable because we won the league. Like the club can do no wrong.

be interesting to see the reaction to the season ticket fiasco if we were still in the championship and being forced to pay £70 to keep our ST or face losing it, with no guarantee of any return on it.

£70 is £70, whether it's "wow" to you or not, some people genuinely had to make a decision to give up their season ticket during a pandemic. 

People aren't personally attacking Top or KP, we just want honesty and transparency. It's not much to ask at all.

You'd be forgiven for thinking some people thought this club didn't exist before 2010 at the rate some go on.

Really don't understand the uproar about this considering the current times we live in.

Yes the club could have avoided confusion by being a bit more open about the travel arrangements but this would have posed more problems.

Whether you agree with covid restrictions or not, they're in place and there's nothing you can do about them.

If the club had come our and said that a certain number have to travel by coach this could, and probably would, have created a bit of a stand off regarding ticket sales. Those dead against travelling by coach (don't know why) would have held off from buying tickets or would have rushed to buy tickets selecting other forms of transport, leaving those further down the priority list without the same option and thus creating more divides in how things are dealt with fairly.

From what I hear, pubs around Wembley will be closed to prevent an influx of fans and adhere to social distancing measures. So travel down by car or train doesn't make much difference to how you get there and how free you are to do what you want to do.

Plus, if 3000 fans travel by train, how do you police social distancing within tube stations? Imagine 2000 Leicester fans and 2000 Chelsea fans all descending on Wembley Park tube station at 7pm??

I do agree, the club should have been more open about the travel arrangements, but I also believe, and have said so already, this would have caused more problems than it was worth.

The clubs hands are tied, they had to do what they did without massive disruption and cries of how unfairly some would have been treated. 

£45 for a coach down to Wembley isn't a horrendous charge either, so you can't be complaining at the charge surely?

The world we live in, right now, means that there will always be a fair few that feel mistreated but it is what it is. 

1 hour ago, foxinsocks said:

Can I just ask what you moral objection to going on a coach was.

I got a ticket... so a £45 coach is cheaper than the petrol and parking if I drive to Wembley.  I can see that for groups it would be more expensive by coach

.. but this is economic not moral

It’s not how I travel to games that aren’t at the King Power. I don’t like being told how I have to travel, and trust me there are plenty of others on here that didn’t want to go on the coach, but because they didn’t want to miss out they felt they had no choice but to travel via these means. That’s fair enough - I was happy and fully prepared to leave it but I got very lucky. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Really don't understand the uproar about this considering the current times we live in.

Yes the club could have avoided confusion by being a bit more open about the travel arrangements but this would have posed more problems.

Whether you agree with covid restrictions or not, they're in place and there's nothing you can do about them.

If the club had come our and said that a certain number have to travel by coach this could, and probably would, have created a bit of a stand off regarding ticket sales. Those dead against travelling by coach (don't know why) would have held off from buying tickets or would have rushed to buy tickets selecting other forms of transport, leaving those further down the priority list without the same option and thus creating more divides in how things are dealt with fairly.

From what I hear, pubs around Wembley will be closed to prevent an influx of fans and adhere to social distancing measures. So travel down by car or train doesn't make much difference to how you get there and how free you are to do what you want to do.

Plus, if 3000 fans travel by train, how do you police social distancing within tube stations? Imagine 2000 Leicester fans and 2000 Chelsea fans all descending on Wembley Park tube station at 7pm??

I do agree, the club should have been more open about the travel arrangements, but I also believe, and have said so already, this would have caused more problems than it was worth.

The clubs hands are tied, they had to do what they did without massive disruption and cries of how unfairly some would have been treated. 

£45 for a coach down to Wembley isn't a horrendous charge either, so you can't be complaining at the charge surely?

The world we live in, right now, means that there will always be a fair few that feel mistreated but it is what it is. 

Could've got a return on the national express coach last week for about 8 quid so "subsidised" coach travel at £45 is a bit shit. I do understand they're only half full and there's about 150 odd coaches but the point is, it would've been cheaper for most to make their own way there rather than be told we MUST pay £45 one minute, to then be told we didn't really have to go on the coach after all.

Really, the argument is nothing to do with COVID restrictions, we know that, I'm not expecting to just roll up to a pub like a normal away day, it's more to do with the lack of or just point blank refusal to communicate with fans.

ive tried to get through to the ticket office this morning, and have had the phone put down on me 3 times now, they know they've ****ed up and they don't want to answer for it.

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The world is getting back to some sort of normality. Come June there aren’t going to be any social distancing restrictions. Football grounds will be jam packed again. I’ve respected the laws that have been brought into place over the last 15 months like the majority of people have. 

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

It’s not how I travel to games that aren’t at the King Power. I don’t like being told how I have to travel, and trust me there are plenty of others on here that didn’t want to go on the coach, but because they didn’t want to miss out they felt they had no choice but to travel via these means. That’s fair enough - I was happy and fully prepared to leave it but I got very lucky. 

I didn't want the coach either - I have friend near the stadium where I can park - yet I decided to embrace the palaver as something to tell the grand kids!

Just now, foxinsocks said:

I didn't want the coach either - I have friend near the stadium where I can park - yet I decided to embrace the palaver as something to tell the grand kids!

That’s absolutely fair enough and tbh I feel for a large majority of fans who are having to travel via the coach because they feel like their hands were tied. Like I said I was happy to take it or leave it.