Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

Union FS - Cup Final Tickets and Travel

24 minutes ago, bart said:

Because not everyone has had to get the coach, I suspect many can ride with people who are driving down anyway. So although the £45 will be written off there isn't really any extra cost, and it'll be a lot more convenient to travel together.

you've still got to park, then either tube in or park for a car park. Plus fuel. Just seems like people dont like being told what to do and want to rebel. Its a bus for a couple of hours i really dont get the issue but each to their own. 

1 minute ago, goose2010 said:

you've still got to park, then either tube in or park for a car park. Plus fuel. Just seems like people dont like being told what to do and want to rebel. Its a bus for a couple of hours i really dont get the issue but each to their own. 

I was more than happy not to go. I don’t like travelling on the coach partly because I don’t have to anymore although it’s served me well in the past. I might fancy a couple of beers on the way down to Wembley. An option I’m not allowed to even have the choice of on the coach. The coach will take 3-4 hours albeit with a 45 minute break included. I’ll be parked up at Stanmore in less than 2 hours. I’ll then have the freedom to mooch about for a while before heading into Wembley, to go into central London for a few drinks, something many of our fans would’ve enjoyed but won’t be able to do so on coaches. Petrol and parking will cost myself and my friend £45 between us. That’s just my personal circumstance, my feeling about it all. Again the bigger picture is how the club have handled it all. They knew full well when announcing ticket details how many fans were going to have to travel by coach. Why not say so? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, goose2010 said:

I get people are annoyed by it. But surely if you have paid £45 out already you just go on the coach? Or is the coaches not cool enough for some? would love to be able just to chuck £45 away. 

I've got a mate who's driving, could have easily jumped in with him and saved myself £45 (probably would have given him £25 for expenses) but it's much 'safer' with just 3 or 4 lads in a car rather than 25 on a bus.

Alternatively got mates going down on the train, could have had a day out with them at my own leisure etc.

It's just annoying more than anything else,

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Bert said:

I was more than happy not to go. I don’t like travelling on the coach partly because I don’t have to anymore although it’s served me well in the past. I might fancy a couple of beers on the way down to Wembley. An option I’m not allowed to even have the choice of on the coach. The coach will take 3-4 hours albeit with a 45 minute break included. I’ll be parked up at Stanmore in less than 2 hours. I’ll then have the freedom to mooch about for a while before heading into Wembley, to go into central London for a few drinks, something many of our fans would’ve enjoyed but won’t be able to do so on coaches. Petrol and parking will cost myself and my friend £45 between us. That’s just my personal circumstance, my feeling about it all. Again the bigger picture is how the club have handled it all. They knew full well when announcing ticket details how many fans were going to have to travel by coach. Why not say so? 

I know they normally stop at the services but surely they won’t this time, they’ll just want to get everyone there as quickly as possible

I get people are annoyed by it. But surely if you have paid £45 out already you just go on the coach? Or is the coaches not cool enough for some? would love to be able just to chuck £45 away. 

I’ll be way too cool for the coach with my blue hair and face paint. Bagsied back seat on coach 1 with a fresh clapper primed.

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

So basically the fans from Leicester who made an early commitment to go have been stitched up. How rude! 

In theory yes, but that’s the feeling amongst some that they’ve been duped. 

On 08/05/2021 at 20:25, BoyJones said:

Every year, I order at least one coach for our local club’s “window licker” day out to seaside and it costs around £500, including the driver for a 12 hour day. (Austen Clark)
LCFC are clearly charging well over the odds, (We normally charge £16 per head, including a cooked breakfast before departure and a decent hot meal on return, and don’t make a loss) 
If the club are subsidising the cost of travel as indicated, tickets should have been £12-£15 maximum. Their sums just don’t add up. 

I presume fewer people are allowed per coach because of social distancing, but even so, it does seem very expensive. I suppose this is capatalism for you. I was once charged £25 for a single ticket from Victoria coach station when travelling from abroad because the Olympics just happened to be on. At least double the normal price. They charge it because people have no option. 

It's not that, it now appears to me that the qualification for getting fans into the ground was to have 3600 fans from the Leicester area travelling in a controlled way and then charge them an extortionate price for the privilege of doing so. Is this the same for the Chelsea fans, i doubt it. Whether or not the club were aware of that, i don't know, but it does seem to be a bit of a kick in the bollocks for making the extra effort.  People could have gone early and had a bit of a wander round, a few drinks etc but, with the last coach leaving at 12.30, it probably means that you've got to get straight in the ground while everyone not on the buses are free to do want they want. And apart from being used as a test guinea pig for travelling en masse we also have to have another test after the game, are non coach travelling fans having to do the same? including the Chelsea fans. Fvckin stitch up, we need to get together and refuse to travel on the buses unless there is some form of compo because without those travelling on the buses, there ain't going to be any fans getting in.   

On 08/05/2021 at 21:35, ian__marshall said:

I wasn't aware of the travel situation until this thread was created. Truly shocking from the club. The justification that there was a discrepancy of 223 between actual sales and forecast doesn't hold any weight for me. Do they really think that no other company in the whole of the East Midlands wouldn't haven't been willing to lay on an extra 20 coaches at a time when these businesses will have had zero custom for 18 months and due to current restrictions won't be able to take any bookings on that date from elsewhere? 

I can't say I'm particularly comfortable with idea of sitting on a coach with 20 other people for 8 hours based on the assumption that everyone has tested negative from Covid 19 using a test that has just over 50% accuracy. I was willing to take that chance based on the fact that essentially you're in an artificial social bubble. However today's statement from the club has left me in two minds. If there are families/groups attending the game with some members travelling via coach and others travelling via car the club can no longer maintain the integrity of these bubbles and safety is therefore compromised along with their duty of care. 

I'm very tempted to write to the club on Monday and ask to withdraw my application and request a refund. I'd be intrigued to see what their response is given the fact that they weren't upfront about the situation from the outset. 

It sounds like there might be a breach of the Consumer Rights Act. Any lawyers on here? 

45 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

I know they normally stop at the services but surely they won’t this time, they’ll just want to get everyone there as quickly as possible

Then this will be the First high-jack on an English Motorway...

Nobody can be so stupid..& Think fans on a 1-2hr Journey wont need a Piss-stop...

Its draconian, Neanderthal- business...

28 minutes ago, enmac said:

It sounds like there might be a breach of the Consumer Rights Act. Any lawyers on here? 

I would imagine that’s exactly what they are in breach of but I’m not a lawyer. Bit extreme going down that route though, at worst the club have seen that fans won’t appreciate being lied to in these situations and with it hitting National journalists I would be shocked if they tried it again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Leicester City are pleased with the recent announcement that away fans will be allowed in the 2021/22 Europa League. Following the COVID-19 pandemic of 2020/21 it has been decided that, in order to keep our supporters safe and healthy, tickets for our group game against Lyon will only be available to purchase with a club chartered flight at a subsidised cost of £500

Bob Hazels Shorts’ reaction?

“Great that the club are looking out for the health and well-being of our supporters. Can’t blame Top and co for not wanting to have our fans flaying into various French cities. Besides, our fans can’t be trusted not to cause problems with the French police so probably best that everyone is kept together. And what’s £500 for a return flight to France? You’d pay more for your annual holiday in the Maldives so I don’t get why people are getting so angry about the arrangements. Plus, we’ll probably get a free mince pie or

doughnut on the plane as well”

Brilliant

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The club have made a mistake here, albeit an annoying one for many people.

But I don't think for a minute they've done it deliberately. The rules they have to play by during Covid times are not the most simple.

FWIW, Cutting the club a little slack now and again doesn't mean you worship everything they say and do while wearing nothing but blue tinted specs.

And did you know that the word gullible has been removed from the English dictionary?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

They usually have toilets on board. 

Just had the offer of taking the socially distanced coach with the Tigers to Twickenham for £35 I’m going by car anyway but....

“Please note that all buses will have a maximum capacity of 25 people and will comply with all Government Social Distancing rules. This means that all toilets on board will be unavailable for public use.“

Doing 2 x 15 minute rest stops instead. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Just had the offer of taking the socially distanced coach with the Tigers to Twickenham for £35 I’m going by car anyway but....

“Please note that all buses will have a maximum capacity of 25 people and will comply with all Government Social Distancing rules. This means that all toilets on board will be unavailable for public use.“

Doing 2 x 15 minute rest stops instead. 

potentially 150 coaches, 2 rest stops?

Its going to be chaos, remember the services are also socially distanced, they aren't going to want hundreds of fans wandering around looking for the bogs!

Remember they position the toilets so you have to walk right through the whole service area to try to get you to buy something you don't really need!

I think I will make sure I dont need a waz for the potential 3 hours in the bus!