Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Matt

Don't wanna be looking into the past again

I don't wanna be looking in the past because it happened, and nothings gonna change that, and its another one of those "What ifs" that we will never have answered, But David Connolly, Everyone is saying "Yeah we will have £3 million in the bag soon" - But what will CL do with it? :huh::unsure:

Now What if we held onto David Connolly, would he still be banging them in for us? Would he be our top scorer scoring consistantly, would we be challenging up in the play-offs if we still had him scoring? If that is the case we would have had a change of getting promotion, And IF we did get promoted, even if we came straight back down, We would have more than £3 million in the bag!

I know we shouldn't and couldn't rely on just Connolly to be scoring but i'm sure be doing a hell of alot better with connolly.

I don't actually know where this thread is going and i'm not sure there are many points in this thread, but its just something playing on my mind (I'm sure other people's mind as well)

It was right to get rid of Connolly, but Levein brought in the wrong players to replace him with.

So if the wrong players we bought it, in would have been better to have kept Connolly? (Yeah that what you saying?)

That is kinda the point i'm trying to make.

I know CL had his hands tied over this and I don't blame Connolly for moving better money, higher league, but surly if this club had a real desire to keep him they could have some how, i'm sure!

I never thought he was that good, although comparing him to the 4 strikers we've got now he obviously was. For a club like us, you can't turn down £3million for a striker who didn't even score 10 goals from open play last season in the Championship. Wigan were desperate, and it was his one performance against Stoke that got him the move, he hardly set the league alight in any other games did he?

I never thought he was that good, although comparing him to the 4 strikers we've got now he obviously was. For a club like us, you can't turn down £3million for a striker who didn't even score 10 goals from open play last season in the Championship. Wigan were desperate, and it was his one performance against Stoke that got him the move, he hardly set the league alight in any other games did he?

Nope and I have they very same opinions as you about him, but what you wrote below sums it up exactly;-

I never thought he was that good, although comparing him to the 4 strikers we've got now he obviously was

Connolly on his own could/can score(In the Premiership) more goals than the 4 current strikers could put together!(In the Championship)

An offer of £3 million for DC compared to what we paided for him is an offer you cant afford to turn down

If he was still with us now i really think we would be in the top half atleast , if you give him the chances some of our strikers have been getting recently im sure he would have put them away

An offer of £3 million for DC compared to what we paided for him is an offer you cant afford to turn down

If he was still with us now i really think we would be in the top half atleast , if you give him the chances some of our strikers have been getting recently im sure he would have put them away

Exactly, What this thread is, I think we should have took a gamble, IF we kept connolly I think we would be top half to play-offs, IF we then got promoted even if we came back down it would generate more than £3 million.

It would have been a gamble, but if it was me i'd have took the gamble!

I think we could have done more to keep him, but around the time he left things were basically the same as now. We'd just drawn with lost to Luton at home and in his last game for us, drawn with Hull, so I don't think he would have chosen to stay anyway.

I think we could have done more to keep him, but around the time he left things were basically the same as now. We'd just drawn with lost to Luton at home and in his last game for us, drawn with Hull, so I don't think he would have chosen to stay anyway.

And I don't blame him but I do agree with you if the club really wanted to keep him the would have somehow!

Remember, this is the same player who scored a grand total of TWO goals in his first 20 games for us.

In other words, pretty much the same rate for which we're slating Hammond and Hume right now.

We might be doing better if he was still here, but given the state of our finances, I don't blame the club for taking the money on offer from Wigan.

Has he been adequately replaced? The answer to that will determine how long our manager remains in his post.

Archived