Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lush

"i cant afford to throw the baby out the bath water"

Hearing the latest Interveiw on the OS, he`s certainly not in a panicked frame of mind. He spoke with a smile, and with his latest blockbuster quote "i cant afford to throw the baby out the bath water", showed me that theres a positive approach going on.

He topped that by saying hes "very confident that were heading in the right direction".

He was asked about having a serious look at sheehan or gilbert for LB, he said "we`ll have look at everything at LB, they`ll certainly be a change there".

So quite possibly sheehan may start v watford.

He was asked about the forthcoming strong opposition, and he said "its about us", which is exactly the reply i`d wana hear.

He said about going forward that "we need to be a bit more braver". He also talked about hume n hammond possibly starting upfront, but also about bringing in another striker, although that may not happen until january.

Apparently we had 65% of the play on saturday, so to those that voted him out, give him the benefit of the doubt for atleast these next 2 games.

Give him the benefit of the doubt any way .. there was an improvement on saturday the way we were passing it about at times looked promising , we just havent got what it takes up front

Hearing the latest Interveiw on the OS, he`s certainly not in a panicked frame of mind. He spoke with a smile, and with his latest blockbuster quote "i cant afford to throw the baby out the bath water", showed me that theres a positive approach going on.

He topped that by saying hes "very confident that were heading in the right direction".

He was asked about having a serious look at sheehan or gilbert for LB, he said "we`ll have look at everything at LB, they`ll certainly be a change there".

He was asked about the forthcoming strong opposition, and he said "its about us", which is exactly the reply i`d wana hear.

He said about going forward that "we need to be a bit more braver". He also talked about hume n hammond possibly starting upfront, but also about bringing in another striker, although that may not happen until january.

Apparently we had 65% of the play on saturday, so to those that voted him out, give him the benefit of the doubt for atleast these next 2 games.

I'll be right behind him if he acts as he speaks, plays with attacking defenders and picks our best players. If those players prove inadequate then he's got to strengthen the squad but he can do no more than pick our strongest all-round side and try to play to the strengths of those players. That'll do for me. Like I say, its first of all about putting a football team together. Then comes the tuning.

I'll be right behind him if he acts as he speaks, plays with attacking defenders and picks our best players. If those players prove inadequate then he's got to strengthen the squad but he can do no more than pick our strongest all-round side and try to play to the strengths of those players. That'll do for me. Like I say, its first of all about putting a football team together. Then comes the tuning.

Yes i did fear about your first point, but thought it best we rally along with a positive outlook craig seems to be showing.

IF sheehan plays, we cannot argue, and if we play players with the quote gary birtles made earlier "birch, what do teams fear the most?, pace" we have a REAL chance.

Exactly the response I would like to hear as well.

Has to be backed up on the pitch though im afraid. He's done enough talking.

knowing CL I think he'll go and put Gilbert there tonight ...

what a shame that would be

Well he said yesterday that hes not bothered about the strength of the opposition, so if he knows what we know...as pablo mentions too.

Ric, i dont think managers are too different in tut media. If hes just trying to "woo" us without talking honesty, then its a problem, but i tend to think he thinks he knows whats going on. Words like proof and pudding spring to mind.

Well he said yesterday that hes not bothered about the strength of the opposition, so if he knows what we know...as pablo mentions too.

Ric, i dont think managers are too different in tut media. If hes just trying to "woo" us without talking honesty, then its a problem, but i tend to think he thinks he knows whats going on. Words like proof and pudding spring to mind.

Agreed!!! Tonight, is a good enough time to see whether the proof is in the pudding for CL!!

Archived