Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stadt

Image sizes/Posting a screenshot

Never previously been a problem but whenever I take a screenshot and try and post it now the file size is far too big.

I have a MacBook air, and even when exporting it to a jpeg from a PNG it's about 30kb too big still. What's the easiest way around it? I don't really fancy uploading an image to  a hosting site like it's 2012 again 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Never previously been a problem but whenever I take a screenshot and try and post it now the file size is far too big.

I have a MacBook air, and even when exporting it to a jpeg from a PNG it's about 30kb too big still. What's the easiest way around it? I don't really fancy uploading an image to  a hosting site like it's 2012 again 

I've had this for a while now, the only way round it I've found is to email myself the pic, and then post it from my laptop. 

I'd love to be able to post directly from my phone though, it's what I'm using 99% of the time here

• Like 1

Image Optim is an app that compresses / optimises images making the file size more manageable (with some degradation of quality). I think they have a mobile site you might be able to convert images via and just download to your phone, bit of a faff but saves hosting and posting a link.

4 minutes ago, Mark said:

I just took a screenshot of this site and tried to post it, was 350kb and posted fine.

I've just tried again with a screen shot of a picture and it won't upload, it says it's over 1.95mb

I can do it with a screenshot of this site though? 

Screenshot_20220124-202523.png

Edited by FoxesDeb

16 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Happens with basically every file, I’m not sure how I could reduce it. Change the resolution?

Mine too, no idea why though 

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

I tried a screenshot of a photo and it was just under the limit but was still 1.9mb which seems a lot.

I've even tried the link to the file reducing site that was posted here a while ago, but that says my files are too big lol

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

When I save a gif in photos to my phone/ipad it is animated but when I upload to post on here it is in the form of a still picture whether brought in direct from photos or as a url 

Any solutions please ? 

elmo-shrug.gif.04eb0bb375a377a7a9ee26f41e8f7c5a.gif

• Haha 1