Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Croatia Vs Argentina - Tuesday 13th September - 19:00

2 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

It's a perfectly valid argument when discussing Messi vs Ronaldo though. Even looking at it externally, taking Football out of it, surely it's easy to understand that it's far easier to live in the same country for decades, instead of moving to multiple different countries every so many years?

Messi has only once played abroad, and that was in his mid 30s and he scored just 6 goals in his first season.

Ronaldo first moved abroad at 18, and in his first season in Spain and Italy he scored over 20 goals....Only falling 2 short of that figure too when he went back to a very poor Man United side last season.

I don't buy the argument that you have to dominate in England to be a top player. But when one has dominated Spain only, and the other has dominated Spain, England and Italy, there's only one winner in that debate point. Ronaldo's success in multiple countries is undeniable and a clear objective point where Ronaldo is superior.

I do agree and it is a very valid argument (not enough to change the answer) but to some extent i feel like Ronaldo has always been playing catch-up to Messi and trying to prove he’s better than him and can do what he can’t by moving countries. Like I said it’s of course a really valid point that he’s played abroad but I feel like Messi doesn’t feel like he has to prove to anyone of his greatness or that he’s the greatest whereas Ronaldo actively and publicly chases it which swings some peoples views 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

If you can’t enjoy watching Messi play football the sport probably isn’t for you 

I find the constant kneeling at the feet of superstar players very tiresome, but I love watching football so much that I find that I enjoy matches that a lot of people say are dull. So I think I'll be continuing to watch football.

3 hours ago, TJQuik said:

I find the constant kneeling at the feet of superstar players very tiresome, but I love watching football so much that I find that I enjoy matches that a lot of people say are dull. So I think I'll be continuing to watch football.

Yeah.

It's not really the best idea for people to put football players on ridiculous pedestals. Ditto musicians.